Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
INSULTING GUESTS
Posted by: VOODOODENTIST ()
Date: December 5, 2012 02:03

Its insulting enough to have to pay $850 for this ticket and then to be subjected to Mary Blige and Gary Clark is an absolute INSULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ONLY guests should be Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor and I would rather see Brian Jones exhumed and cropped up on stage than to see people who have NOTHING to do with the Stones. Surely it is us "babyboomers" paying these ridiculous costs and if the Stones are trying to appeal to a younger audience then its TOO LATE and let them do a free show with Blige and Clark as the headliners and the Stones can be "their" guests at THEIR expense!

Enough is enough and after attending 300 shows in my life I am FED UP and DONE!

Re: INSULTING GUESTS
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 5, 2012 02:07

A really insulting guest would be Don Rickles...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 5, 2012 02:08

listen - we've been thru this whole brian exhumation business a million times. it's a non-starter...it sets a bad precedent for when future band-members start dropping.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 5, 2012 02:09

StonesTod
listen - we've been thru this whole brian exhumation business a million times. it's a non-starter...it sets a bad precedent for when future band-members start dropping.
smiling smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 5, 2012 02:10

loog droog

Don Rickles is awesome, he is a national treasure,
Just dont sit too close to the stage during a live show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-05 02:19 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 5, 2012 02:12

VOODOODENTIST

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 5, 2012 02:13

loog droog

If Mr Warmth was on I would actually consider buying one of those 10 000 dollar tickets, renew my passport and book a first class ticket to New York. I wonder what he would say to Keith, or Sir Michael?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 5, 2012 02:14

Max'sKansasCity
loog droog

Donn Rickles is awesome, a national treausre,

Max keep it to 1 misspelling per post please...it gets to be like code

Date: December 5, 2012 02:15

VOODOODENTIST
Its insulting enough to have to pay $850 for this ticket and then to be subjected to Mary Blige and Gary Clark is an absolute INSULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ONLY guests should be Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor and I would rather see Brian Jones exhumed and cropped up on stage than to see people who have NOTHING to do with the Stones. Surely it is us "babyboomers" paying these ridiculous costs and if the Stones are trying to appeal to a younger audience then its TOO LATE and let them do a free show with Blige and Clark as the headliners and the Stones can be "their" guests at THEIR expense!

I understand, I'm not going either actually, unless they play Chicago.

I would like to go to NY but, sometimes I can't afford it...

Thats just too deep for me baby...

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: December 5, 2012 02:15

Gary Clark Jr. is awesome. I know he is not as special of a guest as Mick Taylor or Bill Wyman, but he is a great talent.

Date: December 5, 2012 02:17

Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
loog droog

Donn Rickles is awesome, a national treausre,

Max keep it to 1 misspelling per post please...it gets to be like code
itz nt mi falt, th spelin thin doent werk one ths wbsiet, bt eye wil tri hradr

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 5, 2012 02:18

VOODOODENTIST

Be happy, that the guests are not Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga!!eye popping smiley

Have you seen The Rolling Stones, 300x??

Date: December 5, 2012 02:18

That'll do Max. That'll do.

Date: December 5, 2012 02:22

Austin's own GCJ is a great showman and a blistering bluesman, but I also think he's probably a bad mix with the Stones.

Kind of like trying to jam with SRV!

The Stones will seriously have to become the house band while he lays down the law unless he dumbs it down for the occasion...

We want Florence back!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-05 02:22 by Munichhilton.

Date: December 5, 2012 02:22

At first I thought this was a thread about insulting guests here on IORR, but then I couldnt figure out how we would insult them if they are not logged in? Would we just insult the whole guest group, or would we single out segments? Not sure how it would work, but it could be come a whole new thing.

Date: December 5, 2012 02:26

Munichhilton
Austin's own GCJ is a great showman and a blistering bluesman, but I also think he's probably a bad mix with the Stones.

The Stones will seriously have to become the house band while he lays down the law unless he dumbs it down for the occasion...

all master musicians dumb it down for them. hello? buddy and clapton come to immediate mind.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: December 5, 2012 02:29

Mary J Blige is more relevant to the Stones nowadays than Brian. Haven't you seen the photos of Mick onstage singing duets with Bono & Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas?

The 21st Century Stones.

Date: December 5, 2012 02:31

MILKYWAY
Mary J Blige is more relevant to the Stones nowadays than Brian. Haven't you seen the photos of Mick onstage singing duets with Bono & Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas?

The 21st Century Stones.

Good point, Buddy Guy was their best guest so far however, imo.

Don't think Dylan would that bad of choice.

Paul would NEVER do it...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 5, 2012 02:31

The two people in question are talented, and not overdone in the public eye, with Gary Clark being a relative newcomer on the scene. The Stones have almost always had opening acts or special guests for special concerts, of which these five have been designated. Taylor and Wyman's participation appears to be limited, with Bill's possibly being only the two O2 concerts. Without Special Guests (or Wyman or Taylor) we're left with the same group of 4 plus the same tired sidemen we've been hearing for going on 20 years. (Some have been with them longer). I would never pay $850 to see that version of the Stones touring group that I've already seen many times. Let the suckers do that. It's PPV in front of a 60 Inch High Definition television for me.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 5, 2012 02:44

VOODOODENTIST

So lets get this right. You paid $850 to see the Stones with no guarantee of any guests at all and only NOW youre feeling ripped off because youre unhappy at who might be performing a song with them?

Hilarious!

Date: December 5, 2012 02:45

Gazza
VOODOODENTIST

So lets get this right. You paid $850 to see the Stones with no guarantee of any guests at all and only NOW youre feeling ripped off because youre unhappy at who might be performing a song with them?

Hilarious!

gazzy - where do you stand on the exhuming brian issue?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 5, 2012 02:49

Firmly in the 'Statue onstage' camp!

Posted by: chop ()
Date: December 5, 2012 02:49

I've been listening to a lot of Gary Clark Jr. over the course of the day on youtube and for the life of me...I just can't find a single thing special about him or his music. Boring...non-star to me and definitely shouldn't be gracing the stage with the Stones

Date: December 5, 2012 02:55

Stones are gonna choose whoever they choose...

We can fuss and fight all night and it still WON'T change the shows outcome at all.

Date: December 5, 2012 02:59

StonesTod
Munichhilton

all master musicians dumb it down for them. hello? buddy and clapton come to immediate mind.

Clapton = master musician?

I'm guessing at this point the last time you decided to see this boy play was in 1974 or so....is there something you need to come clean about?

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: December 5, 2012 03:05

Munichhilton

I'm guessing at this point the last time you decided to see this boy play was in 1974 or so....is there something you need to come clean about?

Date: December 5, 2012 03:07

Munichhilton
StonesTod
Munichhilton

oh, please. i never miss a chance to see the world's greatest guitar player. circa 1974, he was barely playing, by the by...what you heard was his version of blondie chaplin (george terry) covering for him. ec is god and will always be god.

Date: December 5, 2012 03:13

StonesTod
Munichhilton
StonesTod
Munichhilton

oh, please. i never miss a chance to see the world's greatest guitar player. circa 1974, he was barely playing, by the by...what you heard was his version of blondie chaplin (george terry) covering for him. ec is god and will always be god.

blind faith indeed....enjoy march 17th with the 'World's Greatest Guitar Player'....

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 5, 2012 03:41

StonesTod

I think a hologram solves the problem nicely. No messy re-internment.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 5, 2012 03:43

spsimmons
Gary Clark Jr. is awesome. I know he is not as special of a guest as Mick Taylor or Bill Wyman, but he is a great talent.

I would prefer Dave Clark. Hey, bring on the whole Dave Clark Five and I'd be glad all over.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home