Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16
Re: The Rolling Stones exit recording studio in Paris Aug. 21
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 28, 2012 15:53

Well at least Claudine came out of the vaults last year.

Date: August 28, 2012 16:12

Shantipole
Bill has said he wouldn't be touring with them because he doesn't fly (http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2012/07/31/ex-rolling-stones-bassist-bill-wyman-says-he-wont-tour-with-the-band/) but that wouldn't stop him from playing any European gigs.

My understanding is that they will be playing selected gigs in selected cities instead of a full bore tour and then that will be that. I think that would be a fine way to end their career as a band. It's not like they don't have other things to do to occupy their time!

By the way, last night on my radio show I played a mini tribute to the Stones. Played the Rice Crispies jingle, Andrew's Blues, Did Everyone Pay Their Dues? and Claudine. They have such great stuff hiding in those vaults!

Don't be so sure it won't be both thumbs up

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 28, 2012 16:28

DandelionPowderman
"Having screened through 50 years of material over the last six months, I would rank it up there with anything I've ever heard from them. They were extremely tight." thumbs up

What else should he say? They sucked bigtime?

Date: August 28, 2012 17:04

JumpinJeppeFlash
DandelionPowderman
"Having screened through 50 years of material over the last six months, I would rank it up there with anything I've ever heard from them. They were extremely tight." thumbs up

He could have said: "They were almost as good as in their prime"...

Date: August 28, 2012 18:18

JumpinJeppeFlash
DandelionPowderman

Well, my friend, it won't be long now before you will be able to judge for yourself. You realize that, don't you? The autumn winds are headed our way.smiling smiley

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: August 28, 2012 18:20

oldkr
Where's the "like" button?

OLDKR

add this to your host file (when you're using windows smiling smiley)

127.0.0.1 facebook.com
127.0.0.1 www.facebook.com

Just to be sure you dont give your info away to facebook, so they cant sell your personal info...

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-28 18:21 by MononoM.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: August 28, 2012 19:14

I think I missed something in Paris !!!!

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: August 28, 2012 19:42

Justin
Pic of Mick in the studio:

Via his Facebook:

[www.whosay.com]

Who does the Sunburst Les Paul in Keith's rack belong to - could that be Mick Taylor's Area 59 Historic (hard to tell, but it looks like it may have a Bigsby, which would rule out Pierre de Beauport's Burst)?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: August 28, 2012 19:59

Keith played the Les Paul on the Voodoo Lounge tour. Satisfaction only.

sc uk

Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: August 28, 2012 21:51

Love that track! As a Stones fan, I think at this point I am less interested in what they are recording now and more what they are and will be releasing from the vaults. I mean I did like Bigger Bang but I am looking forward to hearing stuff that doesn't go cackle and pop constantly which is what my bootleg stuff does as it is all on vinyl.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 29, 2012 01:13

Not for the first time should these journos be paying a commission to our enterprising friends on here for their stories:

Rolling Stones back in the studio in Paris
Band thought to be working on greatest hits album as 50th anniversary approaches

Sean Michaels
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 28 August 2012 21.48 BST

The Rolling Stones are recording in France, according to a tweet by Mick Jagger.

"Had fun in the Paris studio this week!" Jagger wrote on Thursday. The accompanying photograph shows the singer holding a guitar in a studio crowded with instruments.

Last week, the Stones were photographed leaving a French studio. An enterprising fan identified the location as Studio Guillaume Tell in Paris.

According to Stones expert and archivist Nico Zentgraf, the session was produced with long-time collaborator Don Was, with Chuck Leavell on keyboards and Darryl Jones on bass.

The relatively short studio time suggests the band are not recording an album – it is more likely they have laid down new songs for inclusion on a greatest hits set due this autumn.

Although the group spent time together earlier this summer, they were reportedly practising old material, not recording new songs.

"It was like playing in the garage, a maintenance check," Keith Richards explained to Rolling Stone.

Besides a special logo and the announcement of a new documentary, the Rolling Stones have yet to unveil plans for their 50th anniversary.

"Exciting news [is] coming soon," they wrote in a Facebook post this month. In July, Jagger told the Evening Standard that the Stones had plans to perform live "in the autumn".

On Monday, the band revealed that the aforementioned documentary, Charlie is My Darling – Ireland 1965, will premiere at the New York film festival on 29 September. It incorporates footage from their first professionally shot live performance.

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: August 29, 2012 02:16

Rocky Dijon
Well at least Claudine came out of the vaults last year.

stand by for Mick coming out of the closet........with more outtakes i mean...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 29, 2012 15:11

Beast
Not for the first time should these journos be paying a commission to our enterprising friends on here for their stories:

Rolling Stones back in the studio in Paris
Band thought to be working on greatest hits album as 50th anniversary approaches

Sean Michaels
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 28 August 2012 21.48 BST

The Rolling Stones are recording in France, according to a tweet by Mick Jagger.

"Had fun in the Paris studio this week!" Jagger wrote on Thursday. The accompanying photograph shows the singer holding a guitar in a studio crowded with instruments.

Last week, the Stones were photographed leaving a French studio. An enterprising fan identified the location as Studio Guillaume Tell in Paris.

LOL. Not bad, especially as I've never even been there....

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 29, 2012 16:24

MightyStonesStillRollin50
JumpinJeppeFlash
DandelionPowderman

Well, my friend, it won't be long now before you will be able to judge for yourself. You realize that, don't you? The autumn winds are headed our way.smiling smiley

you talk funny

The Guardian: Rolling Stones back in the studio in Paris
Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 29, 2012 11:46

Re: The Guardian: Rolling Stones back in the studio in Paris
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 29, 2012 11:48

Greatest Hits? Haven't they been learning anything from Bob Dylan?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 29, 2012 12:40

Whoa!!

According to Stones expert and archivist Nico Zentgraf, the session was produced with long-time collaborator Don Was, with Chuck Leavell on keyboards and Darryl Jones on bass.

The relatively short studio time suggests the band are not recording an album – it is more likely they have laid down new songs for inclusion on a greatest hits set due this autumn.

Although the group spent time together earlier this summer, they were reportedly practising old material, not recording new songs.

"It was like playing in the garage, a maintenance check," Keith Richards explained to Rolling Stone.

Besides a special logo and the announcement of a new documentary, the Rolling Stones have yet to unveil plans for their 50th anniversary.

"Exciting news [is] coming soon," they wrote in a Facebook post this month. In July, Jagger told the Evening Standard that the Stones had plans to perform live "in the autumn".

On Monday, the band revealed that the aforementioned documentary, Charlie is My Darling – Ireland 1965, will premiere at the New York film festival on 29 September. It incorporates footage from their first professionally shot live performance.

=================================================

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: August 29, 2012 12:54

Hopefully we will not get Keys to your Love and Stealing my heart part two.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: August 29, 2012 13:48

windmelody
Hopefully we will not get Keys to your Love and Stealing my heart part two.

Hear hear! Although I'm not holding out too many hopes. ANOTHER greatest hits compilation with ANOTHER few hastily knocked out token 'new' songs. (Although, of course no one apart from them & insiders actually know what was/ is really going on). smiling smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 29, 2012 15:09

This is new info?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 29, 2012 15:12

Gazza
This is new info?
Newer than the Stones versus Beatle argumentgrinning smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 29, 2012 16:54

Come On
Greatest Hits? Haven't they been learning anything from Bob Dylan?

they never had and they never will

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: August 29, 2012 17:00

damn...well...i'm not buying any new hits compilation...especially if the teaser is 4 new songs akin to those pieces of crap on "40 Licks"...

they've had 5 years to come up with something and if that's the best they can do i will not feel the least bit guilty about downloading the new songs for free...listening to them...and probably deleting them...i have never once woken up and said 'gee...i feel like hearing "Don't Stop"...

if this is all they are doing...then this is basically IT...

way to go fellas...

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: August 29, 2012 17:24

Not buying the greatest hits either. But I'll buy the new songs. Guess you can buy those separately in the iTunes store.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 29, 2012 17:31

The least they could do is the Greatest Miss CD. "Don't Stop" was awful along side "Brown Sugar". It just couldn't stand up to it. This is too bad of an idea to believe.

I think something else is going on like Mick has officially joined the New Barbarians

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: August 29, 2012 17:37

Popping into the studio for a few days ain't gonna produce Sticky Fingers.

This is Mick doing the minimal for a perceived maximum return.

There was probably a bit of Beatles anthology type filming going on as well.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 29, 2012 17:40

gonna be the best stones ever...again....

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 29, 2012 17:49

I thought the 40 Licks tracks were really good. They sounded like they could have been on Steel Wheels, which is a record I like a lot.

Date: August 29, 2012 17:50

I think "back" in the studio is a bit misleading here?

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: August 29, 2012 18:01

I like all 4 new tracks in 40 Licks.

the sound quality, for me, is far better than ABB because of this one is too compressed or uses too much loudness.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home