Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16
Re: The Rolling Stones exit recording studio in Paris Aug. 21
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 25, 2012 23:02

So they continue their activity only for money?!?If we must follow the logic that isn't that much money made from any new material nobody would make more album of new material!Different artists like can be Dylan,Neil Young,Springsteen,U2 everybody make new records regularly also if isn't much money made from it!

Date: August 26, 2012 01:58

seitan
MightyStonesStillRollin50
GumbootCloggeroo
drewmaster
buffalo7478
Stoneage
Here's, maybe, a grandiloquent question: Why has it been so difficult for them to produce records the last two or three decades? During the last fifteen years they have only managed to release one studio album ( A Bigger Bang, 2005). Has it anything to do (just guessing) with the minimal amount of time they are willing to spend in recording studios? Or the generous amount of time they are willing to spend on all sorts of other activities between tours?

I think it has more to do with that they have nothing much left to say, musically. They've done a lot, said a lot, and much of it was brilliant. But in the last 20 years, many of their lyrics sound contrived, and musically uneven, at best. Don't get me wrong, I love the band, they have meant a lot to me and I hope they record more and tour more. I just don't think that have a lot left to say. I'd frankly rather have them covering some blues and r&r than trying to put of stuff like 'Streets Of Love'. They would play the blues or Chuck Berry or Eddie Cochran with more fire.

Agreed. But it's worth noting that the 71-year-old Bob Dylan, just as an example, still has a lot to "say" ... he has released several critically-acclaimed albums in the past few years and will release his 35th studio album, Tempest, on September 11.

Similarly, the great bluesman whom the Stones have always admired have retained their intensity and creative fire into their elder years; just look at Buddy Guy, for example.

The lack of creative output from the Stones in the past 20 years is disappointing and was by no means inevitable.

Drew
Neil Young is another example of someone who has a lot to "say" still. Love him.

thumbs up

I think it has more to do with the fact that nobody buys new albums anymore from any artist, and Stones can make more money from touring, documentaries and from selling their back catalogue. There really isnt that much money made from any new material.

They haven't made money from the back catalogue for eons now. Everyone already has it all, 300 times over...

Date: August 26, 2012 02:01

mailexile67
So they continue their activity only for money?!?If we must follow the logic that isn't that much money made from any new material nobody would make more album of new material!Different artists like can be Dylan,Neil Young,Springsteen,U2 everybody make new records regularly also if isn't much money made from it!

U2 doesn't regularly make albums. But for the most part, for some it is about creating. For others, it's just a excuse to stroke the ego again. Gives them a excuse to say 'we made a new album' yet to ignore it on the road.

So yeah, for the Stones, it's all and only about the money.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 26, 2012 02:11

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonesnow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
They have left over material from ABB and Charlie is involved? I doubt that means anything. If Charlie is there they're doing NEW RECORDINGS.

Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Mick Taylor doing overdubs on the Exile and Some Girls material is not 'the band' working, it's individuals working on whatever. And to what degree is obvious.

Eh? I know Charlie is an original member, but he's still the drummer. He'll drum on whatever Jagger/Richards say he'll drum on. I mean, that's like calling Ronnie Wood a major songwriter--true in one sense, but not in the Stones sense.

What I said without saying it is I highly doubt Charlie is overdubbing drums to old tracks. They'd not all be together if they weren't recording new material.

Oh, I see what you mean. Yes, as in not something like what was done with the bonus Exile disc.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: August 26, 2012 02:13

Never mind Paris, when the heck are they getting back on the road. Pictures don't do them justice, I want to see them live again ( and give them more of my $$$ )

Date: August 26, 2012 02:20

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
mailexile67

U2 doesn't regularly make albums. But for the most part, for some it is about creating. For others, it's just a excuse to stroke the ego again. Gives them a excuse to say 'we made a new album' yet to ignore it on the road.

If you were to say that it is PARTLY about the money then you might have more credibility, yet you persist in saying that it is ALL about the money.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 26, 2012 02:30

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
mailexile67

If you were to say that it is PARTLY about the money then you might have more credibility, yet you persist in saying that it is ALL about the money.

you take the money out of it and what you got left?

Date: August 26, 2012 02:36

StonesTod
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
mailexile67

The mere thrill of performing in front of thousands, for starters.

Date: August 26, 2012 02:37

StonesTod
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
mailexile67

they'd do that for free, eh?

Date: August 26, 2012 02:47

StonesTod
StonesTod
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
mailexile67

Yes, if there was no such thing as money.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 26, 2012 02:49

Well, everyone does things for money. How many would go to work day after day without getting paid?

Date: August 26, 2012 02:50

StonesTod
StonesTod
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
mailexile67

ah, but there is. it's about the money, jack. always has been. nothing wrong with that, either.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: August 26, 2012 04:07

no new music and i have no interest seeing them live,and im the biggest fan in the world.saw them 24 times.

Date: August 26, 2012 04:56

Stoneage
Well, everyone does things for money. How many would go to work day after day without getting paid?

Exactly.

Date: August 26, 2012 05:27

StonesTod
StonesTod
StonesTod
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
mailexile67

ah, but there is. it's about the money, jack. always has been. nothing wrong with that, either.

You asked the hypothetical question: If you were to take the money out of it? So I answered, hypothetically. We agree, money will always be "a" factor as long as the monetary system exists. Is it ALL and ONLY about the money as WLTPTB has stated repeatedly? Of course not! The Stones have an obvious love for what they do. They don't get paid enough as far as I am concerned. The Stones today are multi-millionaires. They could have retired years ago, yet they continue.

Date: August 26, 2012 05:42

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
mailexile67

There's been plenty of obviousness that they're ALL about the money. I'm not caught up in credibilty.

Date: August 26, 2012 05:44

Stoneage

Not me. I do work for free sometimes.

Date: August 26, 2012 05:47

The Stones have an obvious love for what they do. They don't get paid enough as far as I am concerned. The Stones today are multi-millionaires. They could have retired years ago, yet they continue.

Over half a billion dollars wasn't enough on the last tour? You think they don't get paid enough? Yes, they could have retired years ago - but to leave all that money...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-26 05:47 by WeLoveToPlayTheBlues.

Date: August 26, 2012 06:11

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
mailexile67

There's been plenty of obviousness that they're ALL about the money. I'm not caught up in credibilty.

Obviously, (with such a blatantly false statement like this) you do not value personal credibility. I think you know better and are just being stubborn.

Date: August 26, 2012 06:14

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Stoneage

That's admirable, but can you afford to do it day after day?

Date: August 26, 2012 06:22

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
The Stones have an obvious love for what they do. They don't get paid enough as far as I am concerned. The Stones today are multi-millionaires. They could have retired years ago, yet they continue.

Over half a billion dollars wasn't enough on the last tour? You think they don't get paid enough? Yes, they could have retired years ago - but to leave all that money...

Well, how much did that "journeyman" band U2 make on their last tour? Oh that's right, Bono gave his share all to charity.

Date: August 26, 2012 06:37

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Stoneage

Regardless of what I say, which you obviously did not closely read, you will have something to say that is high and mighty of you (not really) so it's a moot point.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 26, 2012 11:47

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Well, how much did that "journeyman" band U2 make on their last tour? Oh that's right, Bono gave his share all to charity.
He invested more in Facbook. ;o)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-26 11:48 by mtaylor.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: August 26, 2012 15:47

The guys are happy, healthy and recording together in Paris. End of story.

Now please STFU.

Date: August 26, 2012 15:48

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

More than the Stones did in way less shows playing less shows (110 to 147) with a smaller stage and not saturating the market while selling every show out.

And that upsets you because they made more money than the Stones, more people saw them than the Stones or because they sold out every show unlike the Stones? It's quite a feat but in the end doesn't make a band's career. The Stones that everyone thinks of, loves and remembers has been gone a long time. The actual legacy is fine. Jagger was only interested in the money in 1989 for a tour and nothing's changed since then. Of course it's part of his 'job' to be "creative" with the Stones but only enough for them to work.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: August 26, 2012 16:31

According to a friend who met Ronnie yesterday, they are leaving Paris today.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 26, 2012 17:09

Man!!! a few days not really active on IORR and already 11 pages, don't feel the need to read them all.............
Can someone update me?

1. How many songs have they recorded?
2. Is there any bootleg available?
3. Did Bill and Micky joined?
4. Will they release it as Super Deluxe Edition?
5. Producer?
6. What is StonesTod take on this?
7. Are there any overdubs...know?
8. Is Charlie still good?
9. Will they released there best song ever (which will be number one around the world)
10. Or should I just buy the a Beatles album (thanks Erik)

Posted by: readymade ()
Date: August 26, 2012 17:44

Triplelicks, gazza and gwen: thank you for the 1a infos!

Date: August 26, 2012 17:57

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Stoneage

Regardless of what I say, which you obviously did not closely read, you will have something to say that is high and mighty of you (not really) so it's a moot point.

I suspect that deep down inside you have a love for the Rolling Stones. Why else would you hang out here. The best to you, mate.smileys with beer

Date: August 26, 2012 18:05

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

More than the Stones did in way less shows playing less shows (110 to 147) with a smaller stage and not saturating the market while selling every show out.

And that upsets you because they made more money than the Stones, more people saw them than the Stones or because they sold out every show unlike the Stones? It's quite a feat but in the end doesn't make a band's career. The Stones that everyone thinks of, loves and remembers has been gone a long time. The actual legacy is fine. Jagger was only interested in the money in 1989 for a tour and nothing's changed since then. Of course it's part of his 'job' to be "creative" with the Stones but only enough for them to work.

Nice, isn't it, to do something you love and get paid millions for doing it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1166
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home