Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 16
Re: ROLLING STONES EXIT RECORDING STUDIO IN PARIS 21Aug
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 22, 2012 23:23

oldkr
CherokeeStone
Whose the women holding the dog

Jane Rose

OLDKR

How dependent Keith is of that woman? Can he even visit a recording studio without her at help? And if they were there, like playing or making music or something, what exactly she has to do there? Taking care of the interest of his client, like Jagger is not bossing too much, or what?

- DOxa

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: August 22, 2012 23:28

Doxa
oldkr
CherokeeStone

Jane Rose

OLDKR

How dependent Keith is of that woman? Can he even visit a recording studio without her at help? And if they were there, like playing or making music or something, what exactly she has to do there? Taking care of the interest of his client, like Jagger is not bossing too much, or what?

- DOxa

She's there to 'assist' with the more simple things - having the dog(s) taken care of, hotel rooms, transportation, etc.

I highly doubt she's IN the room whilst they're recording/working. She's his manager.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 22, 2012 23:31

StonesTod
latebloomer
CherokeeStone

Looks like it's Jane Rose, his manager. Well this is a nice birthday surprise for me! I am also surprised there isn't a little more enthusiasm here, it looks like they might actually be doing something.

this is gonna be the best stones ever. again.

I detect some cynicism there...well too bad, you ain't gonna rain on my parade today. I think this is good news.smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: August 22, 2012 23:33

StonesTod
proudmary
why Richards needs a personal manager to communicate with other Stones - especially the one who did more than anyone to damage the Stones?

more than Mandy????

poor girl was the victim. pedophile Wyman still could not do so much damage as this Rose woman

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 22, 2012 23:47

The info I got on Monday was "They are recording in Paris this week! Just for one week is the plan as they have a couple of new tracks to record. Don Was is out there along with Chuck & Darryl. Not sure what the purpose of these tracks are, suppose its to do with the 50th. "

I'd imagine its do put a couple of new tracks on the upcoming compilation album.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 22, 2012 23:50

Looks I'll be going to Paris tomorrow...provided I can spot that studio, Grande-Armée like the July rumors had it? Their address doesnt have a 20 in it...

Date: August 22, 2012 23:51

Cocaine Eyes
proudmary
StonesTod
proudmary
why Richards needs a personal manager to communicate with other Stones - especially the one who did more than anyone to damage the Stones?

more than Mandy????

poor girl was the victim. pedophile Wyman still could not do so much damage as this Rose woman

HOLY F&*~. And you call yourself a 'Stones fan'? Good Lord!! Also,do you even KNOW Jane Rose? Well......I do!

If you haven't got something good to say about people, perhaps you should STFU!moody smiley

calm down hysterical one, I'm afraid you'll foam from your mouth
Man having sex with a 13 year old girl under the law is considered a pedophile. Today he would be in prison for that.
Rose's activities has had extremely damaging effect on the Stones in recent years

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-22 23:56 by proudmary.

Date: August 22, 2012 23:51

The Grande-Armee story was bullshit, though. I'm not certain, but the white exterior of the building LOOKS like Guillaume Tell at Suresnes if you look at the footage on Four Flicks

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 22, 2012 23:54

This is the first confirmation in five years of the band actually working (I don't count the cobwebs rehearsals as "working"). How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: August 23, 2012 00:00

Gazza
The Grande-Armee story was bullshit, though. I'm not certain, but the white exterior of the building LOOKS like Guillaume Tell at Suresnes if you look at the footage on Four Flicks

Yes, it is definitly Studio Guillaume Tell at Suresnes, i just checked on StreetView.

[www.guillaumetell.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 23, 2012 00:00

Gazza

Ok...now to figure out the best time to get there...2 PM to see them arrive ?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: August 23, 2012 00:03

Gazza

That's exactly the place.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 23, 2012 00:04

Gazza
The info I got on Monday was "They are recording in Paris this week! Just for one week is the plan as they have a couple of new tracks to record. Don Was is out there along with Chuck & Darryl. Not sure what the purpose of these tracks are, suppose its to do with the 50th. "

I'd imagine its do put a couple of new tracks on the upcoming compilation album.

Excellent. Thanks Gazza for sharing this. New Stones music on horizon - that always makes the heart of an old fan boy jump!

- Doxa

Date: August 23, 2012 00:06

Setting aside the discussion about Jane Rose's effect on the band, the speculation about why she is there seems silly. She is his manager, obviously Keith Richards wants her there, and beyond that we have no way of knowing what she was doing exiting the studio today. For all we know, she could have stopped by to bring Keith his favorite scarf or to deliver his shepard's pie. Whatever Jane Rose does for Keith Richards it is at his behest, all the hostility toward her is misplaced.

Date: August 23, 2012 00:09

Munichhilton
duke richardson
no Bill?

No Darryl?
Chuck?

Darryl and Chuck are both there. As is Don Was.

Side musicians being photographed isnt exactly newsworthy!

Date: August 23, 2012 00:09

Doxa
Gazza

Excellent. Thanks Gazza for sharing this. New Stones music on horizon - that always makes the heart of an old fan boy jump!

- Doxa

Mine too ..but if all they can do is spend a week togther week, then are we getting 50 Licks with 5 new tracks? If that's the case, then I dont think I want to hear any new Stones songs

Date: August 23, 2012 00:11

Five? You'll be lucky!

Can we not wait until we hear WHAT they've released before we decide it's rubbish?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 23, 2012 00:14

One week? If you haven't rehearsed together for five years doesn't it take a couple of weeks just to get the feel of the instruments back?

Date: August 23, 2012 00:22

latebloomer
Setting aside the discussion about Jane Rose's effect on the band, the speculation about why she is there seems silly. She is his manager, obviously Keith Richards wants her there, and beyond that we have no way of knowing what she was doing exiting the studio today. For all we know, she could have stopped by to bring Keith his favorite scarf or to deliver his shepard's pie. Whatever Jane Rose does for Keith Richards it is at his behest, all the hostility toward her is misplaced.

hostility to Rose is entirely justified - she organized a publicity for Richards book for which he then was forced to apologize publicily
In addition it is natural to wonder why she really needed - we do not see Jagger's manager. Richards isn't Louis 14 and can carry his dog by himself.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 23, 2012 00:27

StonesTod
proudmary

more than Mandy????

I've no doubt Mandy was the real reason Wyman left. Wyman has since admitted the whole Mandy thing was the result of a mid-age crisis, which is a pretty embarrassing thing to have in public and even more so if you happen also to be in the Stones.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 23, 2012 00:27

Stoneage
One week? If you haven't rehearsed together for five years doesn't it take a couple of weeks just to get the feel of the instruments back?

its the Stones! Charlie, Mick and Keith have a bit of history of working together which makes it a little easier. Ronnie too.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 23, 2012 00:31

proudmary
Cocaine Eyes
proudmary
StonesTod
proudmary

more than Mandy????

HOLY F&*~. And you call yourself a 'Stones fan'? Good Lord!! Also,do you even KNOW Jane Rose? Well......I do!

If you haven't got something good to say about people, perhaps you should STFU!moody smiley

calm down hysterical one, I'm afraid you'll foam from your mouth
Man having sex with a 13 year old girl under the law is considered a pedophile. Today he would be in prison for that.
Rose's activities has had extremely damaging effect on the Stones in recent years

Technically, the term is nubiphile (from nubile), as pedophilia (pedo- as in pediatric) involves pre-pubescents. BTW, Wyman's current wife began her relationship with him when she was underage and she's had 3 kids with him, but I guess no one complains as she's middle-aged herself by now...

Date: August 23, 2012 00:31

I'm just glad that hopefully the Stones may be gearing up to do a few live concerts....

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: August 23, 2012 00:35

Yes I would say Suresnes too. It is 10 kms from my place. Maybe a run by Friday.
Elfassi pics (famous paprazzo)

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: August 23, 2012 00:39

proudmary
latebloomer

hostility to Rose is entirely justified - she organized a publicity for Richards book for which he then was forced to apologize publicily
In addition it is natural to wonder why she really needed - we do not see Jagger's manager. Richards isn't Louis 14 and can carry his dog by himself.

Just because we don't see Jagger's manager doesn't mean he or some of his other people weren't there. It's a snapshot of them leaving the building, and we don't know whether or not the other band members had assistants there or not. I assume the dog is Jane's as I have seen pictures of her and her dog before. As for her responsibility in the publicity for Richard's book, you might be right about that one, although I think it's more complicated than that. I read that the short window in which they allowed the press to view the book before it was available to the public was one of the reasons for the focus on the todger remark. I believe the publisher was responsible for that fiasco.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 23, 2012 00:41

Justin... why not the entire set?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 23, 2012 00:44

schillid
Justin... why not the entire set?

I was lazy. cool smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 23, 2012 00:47

Sheesh - the band can do no right for some people and others are grasping at straws to find yet another reason to carry on the anti-Keith vendetta.

P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.

Date: August 23, 2012 00:47

Stoneage

Um....they played together in December and again for a couple of weeks in May.

Date: August 23, 2012 00:48

Gazza
Five? You'll be lucky!

Can we not wait until we hear WHAT they've released before we decide it's rubbish?

Good point. I am just being cynical here. You mentioned the word "compilation" and I interpreted it to mean that there will be a "compilation" of sorts.

Given how creatively the Stones put out 40 Licks with 4 new songs and a big tongue on the cover, I couldnt help speculating 50 licks with 5 new songs and a larger tongue...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home