Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: Brian Jones and the Stones' office
Posted by: nick ()
Date: January 20, 2013 18:31

I will not, I'm taking it to the grave.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 20, 2013 18:35

nick
I will not, I'm taking it to the grave.

LOL. Ok very well then. Can you at least tell us who didn't do it?

Date: January 20, 2013 18:53

2000 LYFH
LOL. Ok very well then. Can you at least tell us who didn't do it?

That's a long list. As far as the people who were there...everyone one of them is guilty of withholding some aspect of what they know from that night. They won't crack and time has hardened it. Let's put it this way, why say anything now?

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: January 20, 2013 21:14

What I would like to know more about is the "top secret"-stamp on parts of the investigation. It's said that the info could hurt people personally if it had been released with the rest and won't be made public until 2030 or something.

Anybody here who knows more?

Date: January 21, 2013 07:02

That thing could'nt possibly have anything more unless the person who killed Brian was arrested, charged, convicted, and sentenced in "top secret"? Anything less is nothing more than what is already known...

Date: January 23, 2013 20:56

Didn't know that Frank Thorogood actually attended Brian's funeral! Third picture down.

[www.feelnumb.com]

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: January 23, 2013 22:10

Looks well guilty as well.. Nail him up!

Posted by: courtfieldroad ()
Date: January 26, 2013 09:03

Mock Jogger
Rawlings, first quote:

"It was a jubilant Brian that opened the door to Mrs Hallett a couple of days later. 'We're alright now,' he told her. 'My money is coming through from America.'" Rawlings continues, quoting Mary Hallett directly: "'I remember it clearly,' she says. 'It was the same day there was a story in the paper about Mick Jagger.'" (Rawlings 1994, p. 143) This is referring to Marianne's and Mick's second court appearance on 23 June 1969, following their recent drug bust a few weeks earlier. So the day Brian greeted Mary with the happy news "from America" (that is from Allen Klein) had to be the following day: Tuesday, 24 June.

The second quote, set in a different context almost 30 pages after the first one, and (in typical Rawlings fashion) not clear if it is about the same event (all signs indicate it is), reads:

"Then Brian told Mary [Hallett] that confirmation of his settlement had come through from Klein's New York office. [The following is obviously a quote by Mary Hallett:] 'He was so excited, he kept saying, <At last we'll be alright. My money is coming.>' [Again Rawlings:] This put Brian's mind at rest as before he had made no secret of the fact that he had been very sceptical as to the validity of the Stones' generous offer ever since accepting it." (Rawlings 1994, p. 172)

So I agree with the posters who doubt Rawlings ever saw the contract - he doesn't claim it himself and he even proves he doesn't know why this money was payable, calling it "the Stones' generous offer".
As I explained above this money could not be anything else but the compensation for Brian's 20% shares in Rolling Stones Ltd.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Golly Miss Mock, your proof amounts to nothing as always but speculation that can be twisted anyway we like. 'My money' = whatever we want it to be: The grand pay out or nothing more than a nice, fat check for royalties.
Using Terry Rawlings as a reliable source is akin to using YOU as a reliable source - you're both out there on wing on a prayer twisting things as you please.

Speaking as someone who knows collaborators of Rawlings and has seen all the truth in the police documents of Nicholas Fitzgerald, where Rawlings finds the wings beneath his winds, as well as the police reports on the attack of 'Jackie Fitzsimmons', which Rawlings claims to be related but is completely unrelated to Thorogood or Brian's death, please stop wasting our time and go back to LARS.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 26, 2013 13:21

I think Mock wrote on the old Brian Jones forum and I didnt agree with him/her back then. Now I do. A cover up could simply mean, taking care of unfinished business, if there's a contract that will force Jagger/Richards/Stones/Klein &CO to pay the estate of Brian Jones millions why not just get rid of it? Noone murdered Jones, I wouldnt be surprised if he drowned himself with the help of pills, a passive suicide, it's not uncommon and it makes perfect sense.

On the other hand Frank Thorogood is not unlikely as a suspect. Man slaughter is a possibility. In any case the actions of the Stones seem more like a hasty cover up or an attempt to calm things down and move on with the business and the band. 100 000 a year was big money in 1969 so why not get rid of a piece of paper? Not very farfetched at all. Maybe they feared lawsuits over the name "The Rolling Stones" or some civil courts case about credits. Maybe Keylock helped Thorogood burn some contracts, frozen payments, or written complaints about Thorogoods actions or his jerry building at the farm? Who knows what they feared back in 1969?

Posted by: witterings ()
Date: January 26, 2013 14:01

To Mock and all the Other Posters:

Go on with your Discussions, I like it very much!
As Long as there a doubts, it Needs to be discussed/reviewed!

If one don't like - you don't have to read it!

thumbs up

It`s nice to be here, .....

Posted by: JamesPhelge00 ()
Date: January 26, 2013 14:08

I was at the Stones Maddox Street office in 69. The office at t5hat time was full of Klein's big time self important super-sharpies all wearing film star types suits. The Stones travel arrangements - once taxi's and cars - were noe refererred t as limosines.... you get the picture... Parasites had made the big time living off the Stones etc.

The office was no longer the casual friendly affair that had been run by Andrew or Eric Easton.

Any contract between Brian and the Stones would have been drawn up by lawyers and signed in their offices. The contracts would probably have been kept there or at a bank. I doubt if any of the Stones saw that contract again after signing.

A show biz lawyer named David Jacobs was very popular at the time and handle crap for many stars. I remember being with Andrew and visiting his office in Picadilly. I also ran into Charlie on the Stairs in Maddox Street 69...

Date: January 26, 2013 22:25

witterings
To Mock and all the Other Posters:

Go on with your Discussions, I like it very much!
As Long as there a doubts, it Needs to be discussed/reviewed!

If one don't like - you don't have to read it!

thumbs up

Better ask Nick first!

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1727
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home