Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253Next
Current Page: 51 of 53
Re: OT: Rolling Stones vs. Led Zeppelin
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 1, 2015 19:30

HA HA! That's correct! Because there aren't! IT'S NOT REGGAE!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 1, 2015 19:51

Is living in denial the same as ignorance is bliss? lol.
The numerous opinions cited speak for themselves - it is reggae.
Do a bit of research and you will find many more of the same opinions.
Bottom line - it is reggae!

--------------------------------------------

Edit: smoking smiley

And back to your original statement....

GasLightStreet
Hey Negrita - not reggae - how do people keep thinking it is?

I've quoted and cited numerous sources as to why people think it's reggae,
whereas you have hardly done anything but reply and shout in all caps that IT'S NOT REGGAE!
Maybe by showing a quote or two other than your opinion, or maybe giving some reasoning behind your opinion, your argument might have some validity.
Otherwise case should be closed - it is reggae.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-01 20:19 by Hairball.

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: August 2, 2015 01:26

Stones vs Led Zeppelin? Stones write and perform. Zeppelin steals and performs. Stones are greatest rock and roll band ever!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 2, 2015 01:59

Naturalust
Hairball
As I also pointed out, several of those things I quoted did call it reggae.
And I didn't insist you were the only one that thinks it's not reggae, I said you "seem to be nearly the only one who doesn't think it's reggae".

But again, we should agree to disagree.
I say reggae, you say not.
No big deal.

I would just like to point out that if Hey Negrita is indeed reggae it is fairly unique reggae. winking smiley I'm not sure there are many other reggae songs that sound quite like it.

i'm amazed that no one has mentioned one of the greatest reggae songs of all time - "never stop".

it sounds so familiar...

Date: August 2, 2015 06:43

Hairball

GasLightStreet

whereas you have hardly done anything but reply and shout in all caps that IT'S NOT REGGAE!
Maybe by showing a quote or two other than your opinion, or maybe giving some reasoning behind your opinion, your argument might have some validity.

YOU showed several quotes, two of which called it reggae, the rest did not. What is there for me to prove? You want me to quote a bunch of things that say it isn't reggae? That's very similar to someone "proving" that God exists because a few people are quoted as saying so; you're attempting to prove something that isn't true.

It isn't reggae. Fusion, influenced - sure. But it's not reggae.

Date: August 2, 2015 07:23

GasLightStreet
Hairball

GasLightStreet

YOU showed several quotes, two of which called it reggae, the rest did not. What is there for me to prove? You want me to quote a bunch of things that say it isn't reggae? That's very similar to someone "proving" that God exists because a few people are quoted as saying so; you're attempting to prove something that isn't true.

Once again, I'm just answering your original statement: "Hey Negrita - not reggae - how do people keep thinking it is?" by giving you several reasons as to why people think it is.
They're not just my opinion - they are from a variety of respected sources and publications, and whether you agree with them or not that is your choice.
And it's not at all similar to "proving" God exists because a few people are quoted as saying so.
This is not about the mysteries of faith. It's about a genre of music.

The bottom line is I happen to believe (as do many others) that it is definitely reggae,
and whether you accept that or not is your choice - take it or leave it.

Date: August 2, 2015 07:34

Hairball
GasLightStreet
Hairball

GasLightStreet

Once again, I'm just answering your original statement: "Hey Negrita - not reggae - how do people keep thinking it is?" by giving you several reasons as to why people think it is.
They're not just my opinion - they are from a variety of respected sources and publications, and whether you agree with them or not that is your choice.
And it's not at all similar to "proving" God exists because a few people are quoted as saying so.
This is not about the mysteries of faith. It's about a genre of music.

The bottom line is I happen to believe (as do many others) that it is definitely reggae,
and whether you accept that or not is your choice - take it or leave it.

hey negrita is not reggae. one of the hallmarks of reggae is the accent being on the off beat. this is not the case with hey negrita. it's a standard rock and roll beat.

Date: August 2, 2015 07:48

You might want to forward that thought to the links below as I've already rested my case - it is reggae. thumbs up

- 17 rock-reggae crossovers

- Steppin' Razor: The Life of Peter Tosh

- 15 best reggae songs

- Top 10 Reggae Rock Songs

Date: August 2, 2015 07:51

Hairball
You might want to forward that thought to the links below as I've already rested my case - it is reggae. thumbs up

- 15 best reggae songs

your links say things like "has an obvious reggae feel". that's like saying that can't you hear me knocking has an "obvious jazz feel". that doesn't make CYHMK jazz, nor does it it make hey negrita reggae. the author of that book doesn't need me to forward my message to him, he knows it just as well as i do - that's why he said "reggae feel" not "reggae"

there are pretty simple guidelines - like the beat - that help you recognize such things. for example, "miss you", with its 4 on the floor, is a disco song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-02 07:57 by Turner68.

Date: August 2, 2015 08:06

Turner68
Hairball

- 15 best reggae songs

your links say things like "has an obvious reggae feel". that's like saying that can't you hear me knocking has an "obvious jazz feel". that doesn't make CYHMK jazz, nor does it it make hey negrita reggae. the author of that book doesn't need me to forward my message to him, he knows it just as well as i do - that's why he said "reggae feel".

there are pretty simple guidelines - like the beat - that help you recognize such things. for example, "miss you", with its 4 on the floor, is a disco song.

Valid points Turner68, but you must have missed other the links that claim:

"They achieved that rarest of things: a white classic rock band having a credible stab at reggae".

And:

"You couldn’t do the Top 10 Reggae Rock Songs without something from the Rolling Stones....Hey Negrita".

Additionally, reggae isn't quite as simple as it seems, and the guidelines aren't as clear cut as you claim - there's a vast variety of sub-genres within the main genre itself.
It would be like saying all rock music sounds like 'It's Only Rock'N'Roll" which obviously isn't the case.

Out of curiosity though, how would you define, and/or what style of music do you think Hey Negrita is?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-02 08:08 by Hairball.

Date: August 2, 2015 08:10

Hairball
Turner68
Hairball

- 15 best reggae songs

your links say things like "has an obvious reggae feel". that's like saying that can't you hear me knocking has an "obvious jazz feel". that doesn't make CYHMK jazz, nor does it it make hey negrita reggae. the author of that book doesn't need me to forward my message to him, he knows it just as well as i do - that's why he said "reggae feel".

Valid points Turner68, but you must have missed other the links that claim:

"They achieved that rarest of things: a white classic rock band having a credible stab at reggae".

And:

"You couldn’t do the Top 10 Reggae Rock Songs without something from the Rolling Stones....Hey Negrita".

Additionally, reggae isn't quite as simple as it seems, and the guidelines aren't as clear cut as you claim - there's a vast variety of sub-genres within the main genre itself.
It would be like saying all rock music sounds like 'It's Only Rock'N'Roll" which obviously isn't the case.

Out of curiosity though, how would you define, and/or what style of music do you think Hey Negrita is?

i would call "hey negrita" a heavily reggae- and funk-influenced rock song.
i would call "too rude" a reggae song - including the stones' version
if you listen to the 2 of them, counting off the beats, you can see the difference. rock beat vs. reggae beat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-02 08:11 by Turner68.

Date: August 3, 2015 01:01

Yep.

Date: August 3, 2015 02:04

To veer further off topic ...

Here's a nice old clip of the late ska/reggae legend Joe Higgs who has been called the "Godfather of Reggae",
and was also known to tutor Bob Marley and Jimmy Cliff when they were young in their early days.

During the the intro he says:

"May not sound like a reggae now...but it is".

Joe Higgs- There is a reward for me

Coming from the "Godfather of Reggae", can't argue with that!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic with some Stones vs. Zeppelin....

Here's a couple of old quotes from an interview with Led Zeppelin from Rolling Stone magazine, 1975:

It wasn't until Led Zeppelin's last American tour in '73 that the media fully acknowledged the band's popularity.
Plant: We decided to hire our first publicity firm after we toured here in the summer of '72. That was the same summer that the Stones toured and we knew full well that we were doing more business than them. We were getting better gates in comparison to a lot of people who were constantly glorified in the press.

Do you feel any competition with the Stones?
Page: Naw. I don't think of it that way. I don't feel any competition at all. The Stones are great and always have been. Jagger's lyrics are just amazing. Right on the ball every time. I mean, I know all about how we're supposed to be the biggest group in the world and all, but I don't ever think about it. I don't feel that competition enters into it. It's who makes good music and who doesn't ... and who's managed to sustain themselves.

Entire interview/story: > Led Zeppelin

Date: August 3, 2015 02:17

I don't feel any competition at all.

Because there never has been! It's MUSIC, not football or hockey or whatever!

Date: August 3, 2015 02:32

GasLightStreet

you don't think 19th century germany and austria had "mozart vs. beethoven" discussion groups?

Date: August 3, 2015 04:03

Turner68
GasLightStreet

you don't think 19th century germany and austria had "mozart vs. beethoven" discussion groups?

It's a known fact that they smoke signalled themselves to death, bragging by smoke. It's what spawned the internet.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: August 3, 2015 19:34

Hairball
To veer further off topic ...

Here's a nice old clip of the late ska/reggae legend Joe Higgs who has been called the "Godfather of Reggae",
and was also known to tutor Bob Marley and Jimmy Cliff when they were young in their early days.

During the the intro he says:

"May not sound like a reggae now...but it is".

Joe Higgs- There is a reward for me

Coming from the "Godfather of Reggae", can't argue with that!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic with some Stones vs. Zeppelin....

Here's a couple of old quotes from an interview with Led Zeppelin from Rolling Stone magazine, 1975:

It wasn't until Led Zeppelin's last American tour in '73 that the media fully acknowledged the band's popularity.
Plant: We decided to hire our first publicity firm after we toured here in the summer of '72. That was the same summer that the Stones toured and we knew full well that we were doing more business than them. We were getting better gates in comparison to a lot of people who were constantly glorified in the press.

Do you feel any competition with the Stones?
Page: Naw. I don't think of it that way. I don't feel any competition at all. The Stones are great and always have been. Jagger's lyrics are just amazing. Right on the ball every time. I mean, I know all about how we're supposed to be the biggest group in the world and all, but I don't ever think about it. I don't feel that competition enters into it. It's who makes good music and who doesn't ... and who's managed to sustain themselves.

Entire interview/story: > Led Zeppelin

More of the Zep myth making and you know how many people repeat it. The Stones were doing more business on tour in 1972 then Zeppelin was.

ITs funny that people on here claim there is never competition in music but as you can see and its well known Zeppelin was furious that the Stones were getting more attention then they were in 1972 and better reviews. There are at times competition when it comes to music. I also saw Page mention once that Zeppelin was doing more business on tour then the Stones and the Stones knew this full well. Zeppelin was competitive for sure. Being popular was their claim to fame.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-03 19:45 by stanlove.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 3, 2015 19:44

stanlove
More of the Zep myth making and you know how many people repeat it. The Stones were doing more business on tour in 1972 then Zeppelin was.

Except that they weren't. Zep was getting a considerable greater amount of $ for the band, mainly due to the dealings of Peter Grant. He was instrumental in taking the majority of the profits from the promoters and putting it into the hands of the musicians. Maybe that's the business Plant is referring to.

I'm not sure of the numbers of tickets sold in 1972 of the Stones vs Zep but I'm sure you could probably find out with a little actual research if you are so inclined.

Date: August 3, 2015 19:49

Naturalust
stanlove

Except that they weren't. Zep was getting a considerable greater amount of $ for the band, mainly due to the dealings of Peter Grant. He was instrumental in taking the majority of the profits from the promoters and putting it into the hands of the musicians. Maybe that's the business Plant is referring to.

I'm not sure of the numbers of tickets sold in 1972 of the Stones vs Zep but I'm sure you could probably find out with a little actual research if you are so inclined.

And you are flat out wrong and another one fooled by the Zeppelin myth. The Stones were playing to as big and sometimes bigger crowds in 1972 and they were charging more per ticket. Its a FACT that in 1972 the Stones were getting better gates then Zeppelin was. I know Zep myth makers have made up their own facts about this.

And don't bother changing the subject to how much each member was getting, Plant and Page are both on record as about 1 million Zep fans saying that in 1972 Zeppelin was getting the bigger gates. Its a FACT that they are wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-03 19:51 by stanlove.

Date: August 3, 2015 19:55

stanlove
Naturalust
stanlove

And you are flat out wrong and another one fooled by the Zeppelin myth. The Stones were playing to as big and sometimes bigger crowds in 1972 and they were charging more per ticket. Its a FACT that in 1972 the Stones were getting better gates then Zeppelin was. I know Zep myth makers have made up their own facts about this.

And don't bother changing the subject to how much each member was getting, Plant and Page are both on record as about 1 million Zep fans saying that in 1972 Zeppelin was getting the bigger gates. Its a FACT that they are wrong.

i don't doubt you, but do you have any supporting references for this, other than than you (ansi'm sure a bunch of your friends, and probably "everyone you know") ? i'm not trying to be confrontational, we just have a lot of people on this forum stating things as "facts" when there is no evidence. i'd love to settle this question once and for all. which was the bigger tour in '72?

Date: August 3, 2015 20:00

Turner68
stanlove
Naturalust
stanlove

i don't doubt you, but do you have any supporting references for this, other than than you (ansi'm sure a bunch of your friends, and probably "everyone you know") ? i'm not trying to be confrontational, we just have a lot of people on this forum stating things as "facts" when there is no evidence. i'd love to settle this question once and for all. which was the bigger tour in '72?

Go to wik and look up the tour dates for 1972 for the Stones and for Zeppelin. Then look at ticket prices for each which you can find from ticket stubs online. Its very clear who was getting the better gates.

AS for the 70s in general its another Zeppelin myth to say they were the bigger attraction. Zeppelin toured more then the Stones but when the Stones did tour they were the bigger attraction as a rule with bigger gates. I actually looked into it once because I got sick of listening to Zeppelin fans making the claim that they blew the Stones away at the box office during the 70s.

Zeppelin myth makers will do thing slike say in 1973 they broke the Beatles attendance records so that makes them the biggest but they ignore that the Stones smashed that record numerous times, and the Stones always charged more then Zeppelin. When I researched it backed up what I remember from the time. The Stones were the bigger deal when they did tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-03 20:08 by stanlove.

Date: August 3, 2015 20:05

Turner68
stanlove
Naturalust
stanlove

I agree without facts this is really a non-issue. And stanlove I'm not changing the subject, I just suspect when Plant said "we" were doing better business and "getting" better gates he may have been referring to what the band was getting, of which I have no doubt Zeppelin was getting a larger share of the pot. If you do some research into Peter Grant and Zeppelin you will learn that he was instrumental in seriously changing the amounts artists could demand for their performances.

Date: August 3, 2015 20:11

Naturalust
Turner68
stanlove
Naturalust
stanlove

I agree without facts this is really a non-issue. And stanlove I'm not changing the subject, I just suspect when Plant said "we" were doing better business and "getting" better gates he may have been referring to what the band was getting, of which I have no doubt Zeppelin was getting a larger share of the pot. If you do some research into Peter Grant and Zeppelin you will learn that he was instrumental in seriously changing the amounts artists could demand for their performances.

That's not what Plant was taking about. You are actually trying to say he was complaining that Grant gets a better deal but the media should recognize this and give them credit for it vs a band that actually gets better gates. That doesn't even make sense.?

I have the facts why are still trying to say there are no facts. The Stones were getting the bigger gates in 1972.

As for the 1970s in Gerneral Zep myth makers are always talking about how they set all the records in the 1970s. I looked into that. There was a site I came across called the 249 biggest concerts ever. From the 1970s the Stones are on it 6 times. I believe 4 times in the top 100. Zeppelin is on it once and I believe it was like 160 or something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-03 20:17 by stanlove.

Date: August 3, 2015 20:19

stanlove
Naturalust
Turner68
stanlove
Naturalust
stanlove

That's not what Plant was taking about. You are actually trying to say he was complaining that Grant gets a better deal but the media should recognize this and give them credit for it vs a band that actually gets better gates. That doesn't even make sense.?

I have the facts why are still trying to say there are no facts. The Stones were getting the bigger gates in 1972.

As for the 1970s in Gerneral Zep myth makers are always talking about how they set all the records in the 1970s. I looked into that. There was a site I came across called the 249 biggest concerts ever. From the 1970s the Stones are on it 6 times. I believe 4 times in the top 100. Zeppelin is on it once and I believe it was like 160 or something.

ok, so you read something somewhere on the internet, and so you have the facts. got it.

Date: August 3, 2015 20:34

Turner68
stanlove
Naturalust
Turner68
stanlove
Naturalust
stanlove

ok, so you read something somewhere on the internet, and so you have the facts. got it.

Your joking right. Its a simple matter of math. Where they played, how many tickets they sold, how much they charged for tickets. Its really simple.

Here is the list of all time. IF you see something wrong let me know.

From the 1970s Stones are on it at 23,68,74,78,79, and 168.

Zeppelin is on it once at 115.

1. Tina Turner - 1988 - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Estadio Maracana - 188,000 *
2. Paul McCartney - 1990 - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Estadio Maracana - 184,000 *
3. Luciano Ligabue - 2005 - Reggio Emilia, IT - Festival Grounds - 165,264
4. Bruce Springsteen - 1988 - Berlin, DE - Radrennbahn Weißensee - 160,000 *
5. U2 - 1997 - Reggio Emilia, IT - Festival Grounds - 150,000
6. Madonna - 1987 - Paris, FR - Parc de Sceaux - 130,000 *
7. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Prague, CZ - Strahov Stadium - 126,742
8. Michael Jackson - 1996 - Prague, CZ - Strahov Stadium - 125,000 *
9. Oasis - 1996 - Knebworth, UK - Festival Grounds - 125,000 x2 *
10. Robbie Williams - 2003 - Knebworth, UK - Festival Grounds - 122,000 x3 *
11. Robbie Williams - 2003 - Dublin, IR - Phoenix Park - 120,000 *
12. Michael Jackson - 1996 - Warsaw, PL - Bemowo Airport - 120,000 *
13. Queen - 1986 - Knebworth, UK - Festival Grounds - 120,000 *
14. Rolling Stones - 1982 - Leeds, UK - Roundhay Park - 120,000 *
15. U2 - 1987 - Madrid, ES - Estadio Bernabeu - 115,000 *
16. Grateful Dead - 1977 - English Town, NJ - Race Way Park - 107,019
17. U2 - 2009 - Los Angeles, CA - Rose Bowl - 97,014
18. U2 - 2010 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 96,540
19. AC/DC - 2010 - Wels, AT - Flughafen - 94,838
20. U2 - 2011 - Mexico-City, MX - Estadio Azteca - 94,326 x3
21. U2 - 2011 - Johannesburg, RSA - Soccer City Stadium - 94,232
22. U2 - 2009 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 93,272 x2
23. Rolling Stones - 1978 - Philadelphia, PA - JFK Stadium - 93,000 *
24. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Nürnberg, DE - Zeppelinfeld - 91,590
25. The Who - 1982 - Philadelphia, PA - JFK Stadium - 91,451
26. AC/DC - 2009 - Hockenheim, DE - Hockenheimring - 91,312
27. U2 - 2009 - Barcelona, ES - Camp Nou - 91,028 x2
28. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Hockenheim, DE - Hockenheimring - 90,871
29. Rolling Stones - 1981 - Philadelphia, PA - JFK Stadium - 90,782 x2
30. Rolling Stones - 1989 - Los Angeles, CA - LA Memorial Coliseum - 90,017 x2
31. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Hamburg, DE - Trabrennbahn - 90,000
32. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Wolfsburg, DE - VW Festival Site - 90,000
33. Elton John - 1992 - Mexico-City, MX - Azteca Stadium - 90,000 x2
34. Genesis - 1992 - Knebworth, UK - Festival Grounds - 90,000 *
35. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Hannover, DE - Expogelände - 89,963
36. U2 - 2011 - Sao Paulo, BR - Estadio Morumbi - 89,830 x3
37. Rolling Stones - 2005 - Moncton, CAN - Magnetic Hill Concert Site - 89,260
38. U2 - 2011 - East Rutherford, NJ - New Meadowlands Stadium - 88,491
39. U2 - 2009 - Berlin, DE - Olympiastadion - 88,265
40. Celine Dion - 1999 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 88,199 x2 *
41. Rolling Stones - 1981 - New Orleans, LA - Superdome - 87,500
42. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Zeltweg, AT - Österreichring - 86,470
43. U2 - 1987 - Philadelphia, PA - JFK Stadium - 86,145
44. Red Hot Chili Peppers - 2004 - London, UK - Hyde Park - 86,000 x3
45. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Den Haag NL - Malieveld - 86,000
46. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Mannheim, DE - Maimarkt - 85,613
47. Madonna - 2009 - Helsinki, FI - West Harbour - 85,354
48. Madonna - 2006 - Horsens, DK - Forum Horsens - 85,232
49. Bon Jovi - 2003 - London, UK - Hyde Park - 85,000
50. Michael Jackson - 1997 - Hockenheim, DE - Hockenheimring - 85,000
51. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Schüttdorf, DE - Festival Grounds - 84,896
52. U2 - 2009 - Washington, DC - Fedex Field - 84,754
53. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Hockenheim, DE - Hockenheimring - 84,710 x2 *
54. U2 - 2009 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium - 84,472
55. Rolling Stones - 2006 - Horsens, DK - Forum Horsens - 84,088
56. Journey - 1982 - Los Angeles, CA - Rose Bowl - 83,214
57. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Leipzig, DE - Festwiese - 83,105
58. The Who - 1982 - Los Angeles, CA - LA Memorial Coliseum - 83,000
59. Bruce Springsteen - 1985 - Los Angeles, CA - LA Memorial Coliseum - 82,973 x4
60. U2 - 2010 - Athens, GR - OAKA Stadium - 82,662
61. U2 - 2005 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 82,248 x3
62. U2 - 2009 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 82,122 x2
63. The Police - 2007 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 81,640
64. Bon Jovi - 2006 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 81,327
65. U2 - 2005 - Barcelona, ES - Camp Nou - 81,269
66. U2 - 2011 - Montreal, CAN - Hippodrome de Montreal - 81,233 x2
67. U2 - 2009 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 81,066 x3
68. Rolling Stones - 1975 - Kansas City, MO - Arrowhead Stadium - 81,000 *
69. R.E.M. - 2005 - London, UK - Hyde Park - 80,852
70. Pink Floyd - 1987 - Philadelphia, PA - JFK Stadium - 80,754
71. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Paris, FR - Longchamps - 80,303 x2
72. Oasis - 2009 - Dublin, IR - Slane Castle - 80,241
73. U2 - 2005 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 80,175 x2
74. Rolling Stones - 1978 - New Orleans, LA - Lousiana Superdome - 80,173
75. Queen - 1986 - Budapest, HU - Nepstadion - 80,000 *
76. The Police - 1983 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Park - 80,000 *
77. The Who - 1982 - Buffalo, NY - Rich Stadium - 80,000
78. Rolling Stones - 1978 - Buffalo, NY - Rich Stadium - 80,000 *
79. Rolling Stones - 1975 - Buffalo, NY - Rich Stadium - 80,000 *
80. Kings of Leon - 2011 - Dublin, IR - Slane Castle - 79,686
81. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Athens, GR - OAKA Stadium - 79,446
82. Madonna - 2008 - Warsaw, PL - Bemowo Airport - 79,343
83. AC/DC - 2010 - Hannover, DE - Expogelände - 79,273
84. The Police - 2007 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 78,953 x2
85. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 78,905 *
86. U2 - 2001 - Dublin, IR - Slane Castle - 78,709 x2
87. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Dresden, DE - Festwiese - 78,346 x2 *
88. Michael Jackson - 1997 - Berlin, DE - Olympiastadion - 78,187
89. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Mannheim, DE - Maimarkt - 78,034
90. R.E.M. - 1995 - Dublin, IR - Slane Castle - 78,000
91. Rolling Stones - 1981 - Dallas, TX - Cotton Bowl - 78,000 x2
92. Take That - 2009 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 77,988
93. Take That - 2011 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 77,967 x8
94. U2 - 2011 - Denver, CO - Invesco Field At Mile High - 77,918
95. U2 - 2011 - Santiago, CL - Estadio Nacional - 77,765
96. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Hamburg, DE - Trabrennbahn - 77,555 x2 *
97. U2 - 2005 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 77,435
98. Take That - 2011 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 77,414 x2
99. U2 - 2006 - Santiago, CL - Estadio Nacional - 77,345
100. U2 - 2009 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium - 77,338
101. Westlife - 2008 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 77,099
102. U2 - 1998 - Sao Paulo, BR - Estadio Morumbi - 77,028 x2
103. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Santiago, CL - Estadio Nacional - 77,000 *
104. U2 - 2009 - Milan, IT - San Siro - 76,902 x2
105. Aerosmith - 1976 - Detroit, MI - Pontiac Silverdome - 76,900
106. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Zagreb, HR - Hippodrome - 76,755
107. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Paris, DE - Stade de France - 76,716
108. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Berlin, DE - Olympiastadion - 76,689
109. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Cologne, DE - Jahnwiese - 76,681 x2 *
110. Black Eyed Peas - 2010 - Mexico-City, MX - Azteca Stadium - 76,458
111. AC/DC - 2010 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 76,375
112. Rolling Stones - 1981 - Detroit, MI - Pontiac Silverdome - 76,348 x2
113. U2 - 2010 - Sevilla, ES - Estadio Olimpico - 76,159
114. U2 - 2010 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 76,150
115. Led Zeppelin - 1977 - Detroit, MI - Pontiac Silverdome - 76,000
116. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Buenos Aires, ARG - River Plate Stadium - 76,000 x2 *
117. The Who - 1975 - Detroit, MI - Pontiac Silverdome - 75,962
118. U2 - 2010 - Rome, IT - Stadio Olimpico - 75,847
119. Madonna - 2009 - Athens, GR - OAKA Stadium - 75,637
120. Rolling Stones - 2003 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 75,517
121. Pink Floyd - 1994 - Columbus, OH - State University Stadium - 75,250
122. U2 - 2006 - Buenos Aires, ARG - River Plate Stadium - 75,212 x2
123. U2 - 2009 - Chorzow, PL - Stadion Slaski - 75,180
124. Madonna - 2008 - Lisbon, POR - Parque de Bela Vista - 75,000
125. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Milton Keynes, UK - National Bowl - 75,000 x2 *
126. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Groningen, NL - Stadspark - 75,000
127. Michael Jackson - 1996 - Talinn, EST - Festival Grounds - 75,000
128. The Who - 1982 - Detroit, MI - Pontiac Silverdome - 75,000
129. Rolling Stones - 1981 - Buffalo, NY - Rich Stadium - 75,000
130. U2 - 2006 - Sao Paulo, BR - Estadio Morumbi - 74,850 x2
131. Rolling Stones - 1981 - Tempe, AZ - Sun Devil Stadium - 74,637
132. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 74,588
133. U2 - 2011 - Baltimore, MD - M&T Bank Stadium - 74,557
134. AC/DC - 2009 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 74,549
135. Vasco Rossi - 2003 - Milan, IT - San Siro - 74,500 x2
136. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Leipzig, DE - Festwiese - 74,348
137. Westlife - 2010 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 74,088
138. Tina Turner - 2000 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 73,920
139. U2 - 2009 - Gelsenkirchen, DE - Veltins Arena - 73,704
140. Madonna - 2008 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 73,349
141. Backstreet Boys - 2000 - Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome - 73,337
142. Bruce Springsteen - 1985 - Miami, FL - Orange Bowl - 73,229 x2
143. Madonna - 2008 - Santiago, CL - Estadio Nacional - 73,121 x2
144. U2 - 2001 - Torino, IT - Stadio Delle Alpi - 73,061
145. U2 - 1993 - Werchter, BL - Festival Grounds - 73,000 *
146. Tina Turner - 2000 - Werchter, BL - Festival Site - 72,820
147. U2 - 2009 - Tampa, FL - Raymond James Stadium - 72,688
148. U2 - 2011 - Miami, FL - Sun Life Stadium - 72,569
149. U2 - 2011 - Cape Town, RSA - Cape Town Stadium - 72,532
150. The Jacksons - 1984 - Philadelphia, PA - JFK Stadium - 72,500 x2
151. U2 - 2011 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field - 72,389
152. U2 - 2010 - Brussels, BL - Koning Boudewijn Stadion - 72,169 x2
153. U2 - 1997 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium 72,154 x2
154. Madonna - 2009 - Talinn, EST - Festival Grounds - 72,067
155. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Landgraaf, NL - Festival Site - 72,000
156. U2 - 1993 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 72,000 x2 *
157. U2 - 1987 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 72,000 x2 *
158. Bruce Springsteen - 2008 - Barcelona, ES - Camp Nou - 71,902 x2
159. Aerosmith - 2007 - Buenos Aires, ARG - River Plate Stadium - 71,871
160. Bruce Springsteen - 1985 - Cleveland, OH - Cleveland Stadium - 71,808
161. Genesis - 1992 - Columbus, OH - State University Stadium - 71,550
162. Bon Jovi - 2006 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 71,467
163. Bruce Springsteen - 1985 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field - 71,222
164. AC/DC - 2010 - Sydney, AUS - ANZ Stadium - 71,015 x3
165. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Berlin, DE - Olympiastadion - 70,900
166. Michael Jackson - 1997 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 70,867 x3
167. U2 - 2009 - Dallas, TX - Cowboys Stadium - 70,766
168. Rolling Stones - 1978 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field - 70,725
169. U2 - 2006 - Mexico-City, MX - Estadio Azteca - 70,639 x2
170. Rolling Stones - 2006 - Buenos Aires, ARG - River Plate Stadium - 70,546 x2
171. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Estadio Maracana 70,527 x2
172. Bon Jovi - 2008 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 70,473
173. U2 - 2005 - Berlin, DE - Olympiastadion - 70,443
174. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Montpelier, FR - Grammont - 70,360
175. Madonna - 2008 - Zurich, CH - Militärflughafen - 70,314
176. David Bowie - 1983 - Anaheim, CA - Anaheim Stadium - 70,089
177. Vasco Rossi - 2005 - Imola, IT - Race Track - 70,000
178. Michael Jackson - 1997 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 70,000 x2 *
179. Michael Jackson - 1996 - Bucharest, RO - National Stadium - 70,000 *
180. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Werchter, BL - Festival Grounds - 70,000 x2
181. U2 - 1993 - Napoli, IT - Stadio San Paulo - 70,000 *
182. U2 - 1987 - Paris, FR - Hippodrome - 70,000 *
183. The Who - 1982 - New York City, NY - Shea Stadium - 70,000 x2
184. Rolling Stones - 1981 - San Diego, CA - Jack Murphy Stadium - 70,000
185. The Who - 1980 - Toronto, CAN - CNE Stadium - 70,000
186. Herbert Grönemeyer - 2007 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 69,882
187. AC/DC - 2009 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 69,881
188. Bruce Springsteen - 1985 - Detroit, MI - Pontiac Silverdome - 69,844
189. Vasco Rossi - 2008 - Milan, IT - San Siro 69,802
190. Pink Floyd - 1994 - Denver, CO - Mile High Stadium - 69,788
191. U2 - 2005 - Milan, IT - San Siro - 69,714 x2
192. Rolling Stones - 1999 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 69,681
193. U2 - 2011 - Seattle, WA - Qwest Field - 69,439
194. Robbie Williams - 2003 - Hannover, DE - Expogelände - 69,430 *
195. AC/DC - 2009 - Naas, IR - Punchestown Racecourse - 69,354
196. U2 - 2010 - Vienna, AT - Ernst Happel Stadion - 69,253
197. Rolling Stones - 1995 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 69,113 x3
198. Madonna - 2009 - Bucharest, RO - Park Izvor - 69,088
199. Madonna - 2008 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 69,082
200. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Leeds, UK - Roundhay Park - 69,000 x2 *
201. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 68,971 x3 *
202. Genesis - 2007 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 68,951
203. U2 - 2006 - Sydney, AUS - ANZ Stadium - 68,856 x3
204. Bruce Springsteen - 1985 - Toronto, CAN - Exhibition Stadium - 68,856 x2
205. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Buenos Aires, ARG - River Plate Stadium - 68,829 x5
206. Rolling Stones - 2007 - Dublin, IR - Slane Castle - 68,647
207. Pink Floyd - 1994 - Foxborough, MA - Foxboro Stadium - 68,588 x2
208. Madonna - 2009 - Werchter, BL - Festival Grounds - 68,434
209. Vasco Rossi - 2005 - Torino, IT - Stadio Delle Alpi - 68,134
210. Bon Jovi - 2011 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 68,025
211. U2 - 2009 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field - 67,936 x2
212. U2 - 1998 - Santiago, CL - Estadio Nacional - 67,633
213. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 67,509
214. Rolling Stones - 1981 - San Francisco - Candlestick Park - 67,500 x2
215. Muse - 2007 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 67,144 x2
216. U2 - 2005 - Rome, IT - Stadio Olimpico - 67,002
217. U2 - 1998 - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Nelson Piquet Autodromo - 66,949
218. AC/DC - 2010 - Dresden, DE - Festwiese - 66,914
219. U2 - 2011 - Edmonton, CAN - Commonwealth Stadium - 66,835
220. U2 - 2011 - Moncton, CAN - Magnetic Hill Concert Site - 66,823
221. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Milan, IT - San Siro - 66,750 *
222. U2 - 2009 - Cardiff, UK - Millennium Stadium - 66,538
223. U2 - 1987 - Montreal, CAN - Olympic Stadium - 66,117
224. AC/DC - 2009 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 66,023
225. AC/DC - 2010 - Berlin, DE - Olympiastadion - 65,958
226. Madonna - 2009 - Buenos Aires, ARG - River Plate Stadium - 65,923 x4
227. Depeche Mode - 2009 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 65,657
228. Madonna - 2009 - Sao Paulo, BR - Estadio Morumbi - 65,552 x3
229. U2 - 1997 - Los Angeles, CA - LA Memorial Coliseum - 65,488
230. AC/DC - 2010 - Sao Paulo, BR - Estadio Morumbi - 65,311
231. Grateful Dead - 1992 - Buffalo, NY - Rich Stadium - 65,228
232. Rolling Stones - 1999 - Stuttgart, DE - Canstatter Wasen - 65,197
233. Rolling Stones - 2006 - Zurich, CH - Militärflughafen - 65,135
234. Depeche Mode - 2009 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 65,005
235. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Budapest, HU - Nepstadion - 65,000 *
236. Grateful Dead - 1995 - Highgate, VT - Franklin County Airport - 65,000

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-03 20:43 by stanlove.

Date: August 3, 2015 21:00

I think we were specifically referring to the 1972 tours and there is little doubt the Stones played more dates than Zeppelin. That's what leads me to believe Plant wasn't talking about purely the gross number of tickets sold but possibly something else. Perhaps some dates where they sold out venues and the Stones didn't or like I said, who was profiting more from the shows they did play. I really don't think that's a far stretch but it's certainly not a subject to be arguing about 43 years later.

I think LongBeachArena72 is probably one of the only posters here who saw both acts back in 1972 and he has spoken in detail about the shows. I recall he seemed to think Zeppelin was a bigger deal in 1972 and I tend to trust his first hand opinion. Those of us that weren't there can only speculate really. Here is his great post on the subject:

[www.iorr.org]

Date: August 3, 2015 21:16

Naturalust
I think we were specifically referring to the 1972 tours and there is little doubt the Stones played more dates than Zeppelin. That's what leads me to believe Plant wasn't talking about purely the gross number of tickets sold but possibly something else. Perhaps some dates where they sold out venues and the Stones didn't or like I said, who was profiting more from the shows they did play. I really don't think that's a far stretch but it's certainly not a subject to be arguing about 43 years later.

I think LongBeachArena72 is probably one of the only posters here who saw both acts back in 1972 and he has spoken in detail about the shows. I recall he seemed to think Zeppelin was a bigger deal in 1972 and I tend to trust his first hand opinion. Those of us that weren't there can only speculate really. Here is his great post on the subject:

[www.iorr.org]

As he argues about it 43 year later. I am huge on accuracy. I hate it when people spout things that are not accurate. Doesn't matter how many years later it is.

Your excuses for what Plant said are silly. he said flat out they were getting the bigger grosses and I think even you now know that's not true and are trying to change the subject.

LOL. IF you can find a concert from 1972 that the Stones didn't sell out that Zeppelin played and sold out let me know. Its laughable to now argue that maybe the Stones didn't sell out an arena in 1972.

You are not a very logical person on this thread. I am starting to think you are a Zep guy and are not going to let the myth go. Going to both shows in 1972 doesn't giving your opinion anymore weight as to show was a bigger draw unless one sold out and one didn't. Is that what he claimed? I doubt it very much.

I read the post and I believe I commented on it at the time. I think you missed my points then or didn't understand them. Here goes again. One guy saying that in his high school Zep was bigger is not proof they were a bigger live act. First of all I will admit in the 1970s at high schools Zeppelin were probably more popular, until at least 1978 that is. But as you are aware there are more people in the world then high schoolers. Many people who grew up in the 1960s before Zep was around were still into seeing the Stones in concert. I have a huge family and they all had tons of friends that hung around when I was growing up ( I was 12 in 1972 ) Most of my brothers and sisters were out of school by the time Zep came along and I never heard any of them or their friends listen to or even mention Zeppelin. My gut feeling is and I am sure I correct is a lot of people who grew up in the 1960s would still see the Stones in concert but wouldn't really care about Zeppelin.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-03 21:30 by stanlove.

Date: August 3, 2015 22:15

Well stanlove, since you are so big on accuracy what Plant flat out said is that they were getting better gates, not better grosses. Although I don't expect you will ever understand, that could easily mean the 'band" was getting more from the gates. Who knows really what he meant?

And since accuracy is so important to you, considering the size of the Rolling Stones stage in 1972 compared to Zeppelin's stage in 1972, I imagine that alone allowed Zep to get more gate than the Stones in the same venue.

I am both a Zeppelin and a Stones fan, don't buy into any particular mythology concerning Zeppelin. Both bands were at their Zenith in 1972, both were great and it's of little concern to me at this point who was doing "better business". I guess I just like to point out there are two sides to every story and true accuracy is difficult to discern 4 decades later.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: August 4, 2015 00:12

stanlove
Turner68
stanlove
Naturalust
Turner68
stanlove
Naturalust
stanlove

Your joking right. Its a simple matter of math. Where they played, how many tickets they sold, how much they charged for tickets. Its really simple.

Here is the list of all time. IF you see something wrong let me know.

From the 1970s Stones are on it at 23,68,74,78,79, and 168.

Zeppelin is on it once at 115.

1. Tina Turner - 1988 - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Estadio Maracana - 188,000 *
2. Paul McCartney - 1990 - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Estadio Maracana - 184,000 *
3. Luciano Ligabue - 2005 - Reggio Emilia, IT - Festival Grounds - 165,264
4. Bruce Springsteen - 1988 - Berlin, DE - Radrennbahn Weißensee - 160,000 *
5. U2 - 1997 - Reggio Emilia, IT - Festival Grounds - 150,000
6. Madonna - 1987 - Paris, FR - Parc de Sceaux - 130,000 *
7. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Prague, CZ - Strahov Stadium - 126,742
8. Michael Jackson - 1996 - Prague, CZ - Strahov Stadium - 125,000 *
9. Oasis - 1996 - Knebworth, UK - Festival Grounds - 125,000 x2 *
10. Robbie Williams - 2003 - Knebworth, UK - Festival Grounds - 122,000 x3 *
11. Robbie Williams - 2003 - Dublin, IR - Phoenix Park - 120,000 *
12. Michael Jackson - 1996 - Warsaw, PL - Bemowo Airport - 120,000 *
13. Queen - 1986 - Knebworth, UK - Festival Grounds - 120,000 *
14. Rolling Stones - 1982 - Leeds, UK - Roundhay Park - 120,000 *
15. U2 - 1987 - Madrid, ES - Estadio Bernabeu - 115,000 *
16. Grateful Dead - 1977 - English Town, NJ - Race Way Park - 107,019
17. U2 - 2009 - Los Angeles, CA - Rose Bowl - 97,014
18. U2 - 2010 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 96,540
19. AC/DC - 2010 - Wels, AT - Flughafen - 94,838
20. U2 - 2011 - Mexico-City, MX - Estadio Azteca - 94,326 x3
21. U2 - 2011 - Johannesburg, RSA - Soccer City Stadium - 94,232
22. U2 - 2009 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 93,272 x2
23. Rolling Stones - 1978 - Philadelphia, PA - JFK Stadium - 93,000 *
24. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Nürnberg, DE - Zeppelinfeld - 91,590
25. The Who - 1982 - Philadelphia, PA - JFK Stadium - 91,451
26. AC/DC - 2009 - Hockenheim, DE - Hockenheimring - 91,312
27. U2 - 2009 - Barcelona, ES - Camp Nou - 91,028 x2
28. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Hockenheim, DE - Hockenheimring - 90,871
29. Rolling Stones - 1981 - Philadelphia, PA - JFK Stadium - 90,782 x2
30. Rolling Stones - 1989 - Los Angeles, CA - LA Memorial Coliseum - 90,017 x2
31. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Hamburg, DE - Trabrennbahn - 90,000
32. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Wolfsburg, DE - VW Festival Site - 90,000
33. Elton John - 1992 - Mexico-City, MX - Azteca Stadium - 90,000 x2
34. Genesis - 1992 - Knebworth, UK - Festival Grounds - 90,000 *
35. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Hannover, DE - Expogelände - 89,963
36. U2 - 2011 - Sao Paulo, BR - Estadio Morumbi - 89,830 x3
37. Rolling Stones - 2005 - Moncton, CAN - Magnetic Hill Concert Site - 89,260
38. U2 - 2011 - East Rutherford, NJ - New Meadowlands Stadium - 88,491
39. U2 - 2009 - Berlin, DE - Olympiastadion - 88,265
40. Celine Dion - 1999 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 88,199 x2 *
41. Rolling Stones - 1981 - New Orleans, LA - Superdome - 87,500
42. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Zeltweg, AT - Österreichring - 86,470
43. U2 - 1987 - Philadelphia, PA - JFK Stadium - 86,145
44. Red Hot Chili Peppers - 2004 - London, UK - Hyde Park - 86,000 x3
45. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Den Haag NL - Malieveld - 86,000
46. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Mannheim, DE - Maimarkt - 85,613
47. Madonna - 2009 - Helsinki, FI - West Harbour - 85,354
48. Madonna - 2006 - Horsens, DK - Forum Horsens - 85,232
49. Bon Jovi - 2003 - London, UK - Hyde Park - 85,000
50. Michael Jackson - 1997 - Hockenheim, DE - Hockenheimring - 85,000
51. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Schüttdorf, DE - Festival Grounds - 84,896
52. U2 - 2009 - Washington, DC - Fedex Field - 84,754
53. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Hockenheim, DE - Hockenheimring - 84,710 x2 *
54. U2 - 2009 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium - 84,472
55. Rolling Stones - 2006 - Horsens, DK - Forum Horsens - 84,088
56. Journey - 1982 - Los Angeles, CA - Rose Bowl - 83,214
57. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Leipzig, DE - Festwiese - 83,105
58. The Who - 1982 - Los Angeles, CA - LA Memorial Coliseum - 83,000
59. Bruce Springsteen - 1985 - Los Angeles, CA - LA Memorial Coliseum - 82,973 x4
60. U2 - 2010 - Athens, GR - OAKA Stadium - 82,662
61. U2 - 2005 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 82,248 x3
62. U2 - 2009 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 82,122 x2
63. The Police - 2007 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 81,640
64. Bon Jovi - 2006 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 81,327
65. U2 - 2005 - Barcelona, ES - Camp Nou - 81,269
66. U2 - 2011 - Montreal, CAN - Hippodrome de Montreal - 81,233 x2
67. U2 - 2009 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 81,066 x3
68. Rolling Stones - 1975 - Kansas City, MO - Arrowhead Stadium - 81,000 *
69. R.E.M. - 2005 - London, UK - Hyde Park - 80,852
70. Pink Floyd - 1987 - Philadelphia, PA - JFK Stadium - 80,754
71. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Paris, FR - Longchamps - 80,303 x2
72. Oasis - 2009 - Dublin, IR - Slane Castle - 80,241
73. U2 - 2005 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 80,175 x2
74. Rolling Stones - 1978 - New Orleans, LA - Lousiana Superdome - 80,173
75. Queen - 1986 - Budapest, HU - Nepstadion - 80,000 *
76. The Police - 1983 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Park - 80,000 *
77. The Who - 1982 - Buffalo, NY - Rich Stadium - 80,000
78. Rolling Stones - 1978 - Buffalo, NY - Rich Stadium - 80,000 *
79. Rolling Stones - 1975 - Buffalo, NY - Rich Stadium - 80,000 *
80. Kings of Leon - 2011 - Dublin, IR - Slane Castle - 79,686
81. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Athens, GR - OAKA Stadium - 79,446
82. Madonna - 2008 - Warsaw, PL - Bemowo Airport - 79,343
83. AC/DC - 2010 - Hannover, DE - Expogelände - 79,273
84. The Police - 2007 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 78,953 x2
85. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 78,905 *
86. U2 - 2001 - Dublin, IR - Slane Castle - 78,709 x2
87. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Dresden, DE - Festwiese - 78,346 x2 *
88. Michael Jackson - 1997 - Berlin, DE - Olympiastadion - 78,187
89. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Mannheim, DE - Maimarkt - 78,034
90. R.E.M. - 1995 - Dublin, IR - Slane Castle - 78,000
91. Rolling Stones - 1981 - Dallas, TX - Cotton Bowl - 78,000 x2
92. Take That - 2009 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 77,988
93. Take That - 2011 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 77,967 x8
94. U2 - 2011 - Denver, CO - Invesco Field At Mile High - 77,918
95. U2 - 2011 - Santiago, CL - Estadio Nacional - 77,765
96. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Hamburg, DE - Trabrennbahn - 77,555 x2 *
97. U2 - 2005 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 77,435
98. Take That - 2011 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 77,414 x2
99. U2 - 2006 - Santiago, CL - Estadio Nacional - 77,345
100. U2 - 2009 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium - 77,338
101. Westlife - 2008 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 77,099
102. U2 - 1998 - Sao Paulo, BR - Estadio Morumbi - 77,028 x2
103. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Santiago, CL - Estadio Nacional - 77,000 *
104. U2 - 2009 - Milan, IT - San Siro - 76,902 x2
105. Aerosmith - 1976 - Detroit, MI - Pontiac Silverdome - 76,900
106. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Zagreb, HR - Hippodrome - 76,755
107. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Paris, DE - Stade de France - 76,716
108. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Berlin, DE - Olympiastadion - 76,689
109. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Cologne, DE - Jahnwiese - 76,681 x2 *
110. Black Eyed Peas - 2010 - Mexico-City, MX - Azteca Stadium - 76,458
111. AC/DC - 2010 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 76,375
112. Rolling Stones - 1981 - Detroit, MI - Pontiac Silverdome - 76,348 x2
113. U2 - 2010 - Sevilla, ES - Estadio Olimpico - 76,159
114. U2 - 2010 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 76,150
115. Led Zeppelin - 1977 - Detroit, MI - Pontiac Silverdome - 76,000
116. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Buenos Aires, ARG - River Plate Stadium - 76,000 x2 *
117. The Who - 1975 - Detroit, MI - Pontiac Silverdome - 75,962
118. U2 - 2010 - Rome, IT - Stadio Olimpico - 75,847
119. Madonna - 2009 - Athens, GR - OAKA Stadium - 75,637
120. Rolling Stones - 2003 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 75,517
121. Pink Floyd - 1994 - Columbus, OH - State University Stadium - 75,250
122. U2 - 2006 - Buenos Aires, ARG - River Plate Stadium - 75,212 x2
123. U2 - 2009 - Chorzow, PL - Stadion Slaski - 75,180
124. Madonna - 2008 - Lisbon, POR - Parque de Bela Vista - 75,000
125. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Milton Keynes, UK - National Bowl - 75,000 x2 *
126. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Groningen, NL - Stadspark - 75,000
127. Michael Jackson - 1996 - Talinn, EST - Festival Grounds - 75,000
128. The Who - 1982 - Detroit, MI - Pontiac Silverdome - 75,000
129. Rolling Stones - 1981 - Buffalo, NY - Rich Stadium - 75,000
130. U2 - 2006 - Sao Paulo, BR - Estadio Morumbi - 74,850 x2
131. Rolling Stones - 1981 - Tempe, AZ - Sun Devil Stadium - 74,637
132. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 74,588
133. U2 - 2011 - Baltimore, MD - M&T Bank Stadium - 74,557
134. AC/DC - 2009 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 74,549
135. Vasco Rossi - 2003 - Milan, IT - San Siro - 74,500 x2
136. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Leipzig, DE - Festwiese - 74,348
137. Westlife - 2010 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 74,088
138. Tina Turner - 2000 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 73,920
139. U2 - 2009 - Gelsenkirchen, DE - Veltins Arena - 73,704
140. Madonna - 2008 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 73,349
141. Backstreet Boys - 2000 - Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome - 73,337
142. Bruce Springsteen - 1985 - Miami, FL - Orange Bowl - 73,229 x2
143. Madonna - 2008 - Santiago, CL - Estadio Nacional - 73,121 x2
144. U2 - 2001 - Torino, IT - Stadio Delle Alpi - 73,061
145. U2 - 1993 - Werchter, BL - Festival Grounds - 73,000 *
146. Tina Turner - 2000 - Werchter, BL - Festival Site - 72,820
147. U2 - 2009 - Tampa, FL - Raymond James Stadium - 72,688
148. U2 - 2011 - Miami, FL - Sun Life Stadium - 72,569
149. U2 - 2011 - Cape Town, RSA - Cape Town Stadium - 72,532
150. The Jacksons - 1984 - Philadelphia, PA - JFK Stadium - 72,500 x2
151. U2 - 2011 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field - 72,389
152. U2 - 2010 - Brussels, BL - Koning Boudewijn Stadion - 72,169 x2
153. U2 - 1997 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium 72,154 x2
154. Madonna - 2009 - Talinn, EST - Festival Grounds - 72,067
155. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Landgraaf, NL - Festival Site - 72,000
156. U2 - 1993 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 72,000 x2 *
157. U2 - 1987 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 72,000 x2 *
158. Bruce Springsteen - 2008 - Barcelona, ES - Camp Nou - 71,902 x2
159. Aerosmith - 2007 - Buenos Aires, ARG - River Plate Stadium - 71,871
160. Bruce Springsteen - 1985 - Cleveland, OH - Cleveland Stadium - 71,808
161. Genesis - 1992 - Columbus, OH - State University Stadium - 71,550
162. Bon Jovi - 2006 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 71,467
163. Bruce Springsteen - 1985 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field - 71,222
164. AC/DC - 2010 - Sydney, AUS - ANZ Stadium - 71,015 x3
165. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Berlin, DE - Olympiastadion - 70,900
166. Michael Jackson - 1997 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 70,867 x3
167. U2 - 2009 - Dallas, TX - Cowboys Stadium - 70,766
168. Rolling Stones - 1978 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field - 70,725
169. U2 - 2006 - Mexico-City, MX - Estadio Azteca - 70,639 x2
170. Rolling Stones - 2006 - Buenos Aires, ARG - River Plate Stadium - 70,546 x2
171. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Estadio Maracana 70,527 x2
172. Bon Jovi - 2008 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 70,473
173. U2 - 2005 - Berlin, DE - Olympiastadion - 70,443
174. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Montpelier, FR - Grammont - 70,360
175. Madonna - 2008 - Zurich, CH - Militärflughafen - 70,314
176. David Bowie - 1983 - Anaheim, CA - Anaheim Stadium - 70,089
177. Vasco Rossi - 2005 - Imola, IT - Race Track - 70,000
178. Michael Jackson - 1997 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 70,000 x2 *
179. Michael Jackson - 1996 - Bucharest, RO - National Stadium - 70,000 *
180. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Werchter, BL - Festival Grounds - 70,000 x2
181. U2 - 1993 - Napoli, IT - Stadio San Paulo - 70,000 *
182. U2 - 1987 - Paris, FR - Hippodrome - 70,000 *
183. The Who - 1982 - New York City, NY - Shea Stadium - 70,000 x2
184. Rolling Stones - 1981 - San Diego, CA - Jack Murphy Stadium - 70,000
185. The Who - 1980 - Toronto, CAN - CNE Stadium - 70,000
186. Herbert Grönemeyer - 2007 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 69,882
187. AC/DC - 2009 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 69,881
188. Bruce Springsteen - 1985 - Detroit, MI - Pontiac Silverdome - 69,844
189. Vasco Rossi - 2008 - Milan, IT - San Siro 69,802
190. Pink Floyd - 1994 - Denver, CO - Mile High Stadium - 69,788
191. U2 - 2005 - Milan, IT - San Siro - 69,714 x2
192. Rolling Stones - 1999 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 69,681
193. U2 - 2011 - Seattle, WA - Qwest Field - 69,439
194. Robbie Williams - 2003 - Hannover, DE - Expogelände - 69,430 *
195. AC/DC - 2009 - Naas, IR - Punchestown Racecourse - 69,354
196. U2 - 2010 - Vienna, AT - Ernst Happel Stadion - 69,253
197. Rolling Stones - 1995 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 69,113 x3
198. Madonna - 2009 - Bucharest, RO - Park Izvor - 69,088
199. Madonna - 2008 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 69,082
200. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Leeds, UK - Roundhay Park - 69,000 x2 *
201. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 68,971 x3 *
202. Genesis - 2007 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 68,951
203. U2 - 2006 - Sydney, AUS - ANZ Stadium - 68,856 x3
204. Bruce Springsteen - 1985 - Toronto, CAN - Exhibition Stadium - 68,856 x2
205. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Buenos Aires, ARG - River Plate Stadium - 68,829 x5
206. Rolling Stones - 2007 - Dublin, IR - Slane Castle - 68,647
207. Pink Floyd - 1994 - Foxborough, MA - Foxboro Stadium - 68,588 x2
208. Madonna - 2009 - Werchter, BL - Festival Grounds - 68,434
209. Vasco Rossi - 2005 - Torino, IT - Stadio Delle Alpi - 68,134
210. Bon Jovi - 2011 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 68,025
211. U2 - 2009 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field - 67,936 x2
212. U2 - 1998 - Santiago, CL - Estadio Nacional - 67,633
213. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 67,509
214. Rolling Stones - 1981 - San Francisco - Candlestick Park - 67,500 x2
215. Muse - 2007 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 67,144 x2
216. U2 - 2005 - Rome, IT - Stadio Olimpico - 67,002
217. U2 - 1998 - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Nelson Piquet Autodromo - 66,949
218. AC/DC - 2010 - Dresden, DE - Festwiese - 66,914
219. U2 - 2011 - Edmonton, CAN - Commonwealth Stadium - 66,835
220. U2 - 2011 - Moncton, CAN - Magnetic Hill Concert Site - 66,823
221. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Milan, IT - San Siro - 66,750 *
222. U2 - 2009 - Cardiff, UK - Millennium Stadium - 66,538
223. U2 - 1987 - Montreal, CAN - Olympic Stadium - 66,117
224. AC/DC - 2009 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 66,023
225. AC/DC - 2010 - Berlin, DE - Olympiastadion - 65,958
226. Madonna - 2009 - Buenos Aires, ARG - River Plate Stadium - 65,923 x4
227. Depeche Mode - 2009 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 65,657
228. Madonna - 2009 - Sao Paulo, BR - Estadio Morumbi - 65,552 x3
229. U2 - 1997 - Los Angeles, CA - LA Memorial Coliseum - 65,488
230. AC/DC - 2010 - Sao Paulo, BR - Estadio Morumbi - 65,311
231. Grateful Dead - 1992 - Buffalo, NY - Rich Stadium - 65,228
232. Rolling Stones - 1999 - Stuttgart, DE - Canstatter Wasen - 65,197
233. Rolling Stones - 2006 - Zurich, CH - Militärflughafen - 65,135
234. Depeche Mode - 2009 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 65,005
235. Robbie Williams - 2006 - Budapest, HU - Nepstadion - 65,000 *
236. Grateful Dead - 1995 - Highgate, VT - Franklin County Airport - 65,000

The saddest most pathetic thing about this list is that over 80K went to see bon jokey. And similar for journey. Has the world ended and are we in a dream? or nightmare?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 4, 2015 00:19

I was going to go for the record and quote the previous post, but it seemed unwise. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253Next
Current Page: 51 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home