Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: My book about the Rolling Stones with exclusive texts from Jagger, Richards, Charlie and Ronnie
Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: June 27, 2012 05:23

Riffbuk
Thank you carlostones10, shortfatfanny,Kurt, Honestman, SwayStones, Fredluvzstones, sweetcharmedlife, Nicos, Rockman, Rolling Hansie!

And Andre from stonesplanetbrazil.blogspot.com was a real trooper during all the process, giving sugestions and mostly important giving his wisdom and friendship. I have so many people to whom I forever grateful and do not appear in the book like Filipe Simões, Christian Fiot, just to name a few.
For me it was and still is a hell of a ride, that so far already is giving me invitations to works on another book projects related to music. Beside that while I was still working on this I earned the invitations from all the major Portuguese rock bands and went to a hell of parties backstage and in hotels...Rock´n´Roll heaven....

Me? No. I am just a guy losted in the world. A small package of crap.

Riffbuk had really many work and he knew to produce the book. It was a hard work and I know he had a big personal price to pay.

Good to know you have new projects. Good luck.

Re: My book about the Rolling Stones with exclusive texts from Jagger, Richards, Charlie and Ronnie
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 27, 2012 08:47

Wow! I'm impressed! Great work! Congratulations!thumbs upsmileys with beer

- Doxa

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: June 27, 2012 09:03

You should be awarded an honorary doctorate at some university, perhaps LSE.

Posted by: Slim Harpo ()
Date: June 27, 2012 09:44

Hi Rolando

Congratulations on your project, it looks superb.

What's stopping you from bringing out an English edition? It must be worth paying for a translation, especially as so much of your source material is already in English.

Anyway, good luck with the launch in September!

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: June 27, 2012 09:56

Congratulations Rolando,
write a Stones book is the dream of all fans.
Sici

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-27 09:57 by Sici.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: June 27, 2012 11:13

Impressive - congratulations! One must learn portuguese then smileys with beer smileys with beer

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: June 27, 2012 11:41

Kewl. Great job. Parabéns.

dead.flowers

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 27, 2012 11:52

Good luck with the book Rolando. Sounds absolutely FANtastic. Great that you goto co-operation from the boys. SD

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: June 27, 2012 12:56

Congratulations Rolando, it's seems to be an amazing work you have to do...
you can be very proud of your book.

I have an other question for you:

I think i remenber thant it's you who post the front cover of yhe next release
of the" Rolling Stones Archives "TORONTO 2005 Light The Fuse ".

As your friend in Japan work on this picture plan, do you know if he works on an other plan for some next release...

Date: June 27, 2012 13:11

any presale possible?

Date: June 27, 2012 13:58

I think the book has a limited edition. Only 2.000 copies. So, who wants to buy the book really needs run.
I am 100% sure the book will be sold out in a very small time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-27 14:34 by carlostones10.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 27, 2012 14:09

Congratulations Riffbuk!

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: June 27, 2012 16:20

Than you so much for your comments JJackFl, Tonstone, ROPENI, klrkcr, SomeTorontoGirl,schillid, Doxa, Bärs, Slim Harpo, Sici,GetYerAngie, dead.flowers, Silver Dagger, keith56, latvianinexile .

I ´ll try to answer the best that I can some of your questions
The edition is only limited to 2000 copies, because at this stage the portuguese economy is living rather disturbing moments, and we are afraid that can affect the book sales. I didn´t do it for the money, I made it for love and passion for their music and atittude and as a payback for all the music that Stones give me since I was 13 years old, with all the profit going to charity, but my editor and rigthfull so, it´s how makes his living.
The English version is in my plans. I will move forward as soon as I get a publisher interesed.
The presales for this book will displayed here around the month of August, with links
The preview from the book will be quite soon avalaible here and on Stonesplanetbrazil.blogspot.com the site from André, that helped me all these time.
About what my japonese friend Mikio Ariga is doing at the moment regarding the Stones, the last I heard from him he was very excited about having some of his photos in the "ofiicial" 50 aniversary book

And GumbootCloggeroo (you really made me laugh) Please fell free to use my name in a band! As long as I´m invited to the gigs and to the party after concert.

Date: June 27, 2012 18:40

I posted a small interview with Riffbuk on my blog.

Stones Planet Brazil.

Sadly, is in Portuguese, but I think the google translate can help.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: June 27, 2012 18:50

Rolando

You were born to write a book on the Rolling Stones, with your name !
Here it comes, the rebelo's book on the band which was once rebel smiling bouncing smiley
just jokin' indeed winking smiley

HMN

Date: June 27, 2012 20:09

Honestman!
Funny enough my real name is Rolando and if you put into google translator to the english language it goes....Rolling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-27 20:10 by Riffbuk.

Date: June 27, 2012 20:38

Can you post one of them to me. I live with Tina at red light ditrict, amsterdam, holland

Date: June 28, 2012 15:18

The Portuguese press started to notice the book and all the work that was done....A cover magazine...
Who wants yesterdays papers...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-28 23:51 by Riffbuk.

Date: July 5, 2012 04:40

Congratulations Rolando. I don't think there are many other bands that can bring this out in their fans.
How are the books going to be sold?

Date: July 6, 2012 11:46

Thank you Palace Revolution 2000!

I will provide all the links and websites where the book will be available as soon as I have them!

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: July 6, 2012 15:26

We always need yesterday's papers!

Congratulations Rolando!

i wish you a big success!

Christian

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home