Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
My book about the Rolling Stones with exclusive texts from Jagger, Richards, Charlie and Ronnie
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: June 26, 2012 12:32

I fellow IORREANS!
I always had the dream about writing a book about the Rolling Stones. Well it took me three years of work, great memories, lots of fun and unique experiences... so I can finally announce that my book about the Rolling Stones in Portugal is due to come out during the month of September. It got the participation of

Mick Jagger,
Keith Richards,
Charlie Watts
Ronnie Wood,
with exclusive texts with their Portuguese memoirs.

Beside the Stones other musicians that are with the band like
Chuck Leavell,
Bernard Fowler,
Darryl Jones,
Blondie,
Tim Ries
Michael Davis
Kent Smith
that shared they portuguese memories

Chapter one . The Stones 50 Years of History
Over 460 photos are displayed throughout the book, most of them unseen from the following photographer( who generously contributed with their photos)
José Raposo ( the "official" photographer from the last 3 concerts in Portugal)
Robert Matheu
Philip Townsend
Jane Rose
Brian Rasic
Jacob Cohl
Gered Mankowitz
Bob Gruen
Kevin Mazur
Jerry Schatzberg
Ken Settle
Ron Pownall
Tony Mott
Eric Hayes,
Baron Wolman
Philip Kamin
Paul Natkin
Eddie Krammer
Chris Schweglwer
Jean Marie Perier
James Crowley
Barry Plummer
Rik Kolhmeyer
Douglas Kent Hall
Barrie Wentzell
Tabatha Fireman
Jerry Schatzberg
Al Satterwhite
Karl Larsen
Mikio Ariga
John Rettie
Jorgen Angel
Neil Zozlower
Helge Overas
Olaf Boehme
Andy Knight
Cameraman Metalico
And a sellection of paintings from Sebastian Krüger

Also involved in this book are our IORREANS like
BV,
Gazza,
Matt Lee,
Blue Lena,
Addicted,
Marquess,
Carlostones10,
Mickjaggero.
Doug Potash

As well the participation from
Nuno Braancamp ( the Portuguese promoter from the last three concerts, that also wrote the foreword)
Bill German,
John Pashe,
Bill Carter,
Richard Havers,
Keith Altham,
Mick Wall,
Pamela des Barres,
Jeffrey Morgan,
Victor Bokris
Kris Needs.
Felix Aeplli
Christopher Maus

Chapter two: It´s time to show everything around the Stones Portuguese concerts with all the major Portuguese musicians who expressed their love and the Stones influence in their music and career, as well the major rock critics, TY presenters, Stand-up comedians, combined with hundreds of never seem before photos .

Ana Moura ( Guest in the Lisbon concert 2007)
Zé Pedro & João Cabeleira ( Their band, Xutos & Pontapes, opened for the Stones in Coimbra 2003)
Rui Veloso
Rui Reininho
José Cid
Pedro Abrunhosa
João Pedro Pais
Luis Jardim ( Who recorded with the Stones and Charlie Watts)
Tó Trips
Paulo Gonzo
Antonio Ribeiro
Sergio Godinho
Paulo Furtado, among others

The third part deals with discography, filmography, etc, etc, etc

It will only be printed 2000 copies, one edition only. The language will be in Portuguese.
If there is any profits, after all the expenses, all the money will go to charity, to be applied in programs connected with music with all the institution's from my hometown that takes care of children.

More details coming soon
Thank you

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-26 19:50 by Riffbuk.

Re: My book about the Rolling Stones with exclusive texts from Jagger, Richards, Charlie and Ronnie
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 26, 2012 12:44

Good luck with the book, Rolando! That's really great. I wish I can read it one day.
What do you mean by "with the participation of Mick and company"? Did you talk to them or used their available interviews to other publications?

Re: My book about the Rolling Stones with exclusive texts from Jagger, Richards, Charlie and Ronnie
Date: June 26, 2012 12:48

Thank you proudmary!
It took me a year to get all the band. I had to speak with their managment before I could get to Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie. All of them wrote personnaly to this book. Keith for example send me a handwriten fax...One Love

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-26 12:55 by Riffbuk.

Date: June 26, 2012 12:51

Riffbuk
Thank proudmary!
It took me a year to get all the band. I had to speak with their managment before I could get to Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie. All of them wrote personnaly to this book. Keith for example send me a handwriten fax...One Love

thumbs up Congratulations, Rolando!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-26 12:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 26, 2012 12:56

Riffbuk
Keith for example send me a handwriten fax...One Love
grinning smiley

Congratulations !

Date: June 26, 2012 12:56

Thank you DandelionPowderman and Edith Grove

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-26 12:57 by Riffbuk.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 26, 2012 13:01

Wow riffbuck!
I am impressed by the long list of photographers!
Seems you did a terrific work.
Congrats and i wish you all the best.
Sway

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 26, 2012 13:23

I am very impressed.
Congratulations and good luck

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 26, 2012 13:42

Congrats Riffbuk ... any chance of an English edition??

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 26, 2012 13:50

Great job you did Riffbuck...Congrats..

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 26, 2012 14:13

It was a pleasure and an honour to be asked to make a small contribution - although God knows what my article will look like translated into Portuguese!

The work youve put into it is almost enough to make me learn the language. I was under the impression it would be in Portuguese and English though - I guess that wasnt practical in the end.

Cant wait to see it - a real labour of love by the sound of things.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 26, 2012 14:16

hope you have great success with the book, it looks great. admirable to produce this to help kids. Congratulations!

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: June 26, 2012 14:17

Gazza
It was a pleasure and an honour to be asked to make a small contribution - although God knows what my article will look like translated into Portuguese!

The work youve put into it is almost enough to make me learn the language. I was under the impression it would be in Portuguese and English though - I guess that wasnt practical in the end.

He actually wanted a monetary contribution to help finance the book, but all you did was talk at him instead. Talk about ego! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 26, 2012 14:34

vudicus
Gazza

He actually wanted a monetary contribution to help finance the book, but all you did was talk at him instead. Talk about ego! >grinning smiley<

Shite! A few hours of my precious time wasted when I could have sorted it all out in 30 seconds with paypal!

Date: June 26, 2012 15:44

Thank you all for the kind words!
It was and I hope that I had the "talent"to transmit that, a labour of love! The experience itself it worth of a book itself!

Depending now how the reception goes, both critical and financilly, I´m thinking about making a english edition. This book has 256 pages, only in Portuguese, and to put that into a bilingual should be a massive book, and therefore a expensive one.

Gazza! You look and sound great in any language my dear friend!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 26, 2012 15:52

Riffbuk,that seems to be a wonderful book.
I support your idea about an english edition,not only because of my daughter´s portuguese grandpa...

Please keep us informed.

Thank you.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 26, 2012 17:19

Good on ya and best wishes with this project!

Pat yourself on the back and keep your spirits up and good sales will surely come your way.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: June 26, 2012 17:23

I hope to see the book in my hands soon. This book was a pregnancy of 3 years.

Riffbuk was very very very very persistent. I saw the book walk step by step and I can say Riffbuk created an impressive and historic book.

I think the book will have the same importance of Os Rolling Stones no Brasil by Nelio Rodrigues,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-26 20:36 by carlostones10.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: June 26, 2012 18:29

So finaly you did it.
Looks like an awesome work and yes an english version should be welcome if you can later ...
Congrats Rolando thumbs up

HMN

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 26, 2012 18:39

I like your name! Rolando Rebelo. If I ever decide to become a latino singing sensation, my stage name will be Rolando Rebelo. I'll have a bad boy image and emphasize the "rebel" in the last name smiling smiley

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: June 26, 2012 18:47

Way to go!!

Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 26, 2012 18:52

Congrats Riffbuk.smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: June 27, 2012 01:16

Thank you carlostones10, shortfatfanny,Kurt, Honestman, SwayStones, Fredluvzstones, sweetcharmedlife, Nicos, Rockman, Rolling Hansie!

And Andre from stonesplanetbrazil.blogspot.com was a real trooper during all the process, giving sugestions and mostly important giving his wisdom and friendship. I have so many people to whom I forever grateful and do not appear in the book like Filipe Simões, Christian Fiot, just to name a few.
For me it was and still is a hell of a ride, that so far already is giving me invitations to works on another book projects related to music. Beside that while I was still working on this I earned the invitations from all the major Portuguese rock bands and went to a hell of parties backstage and in hotels...Rock´n´Roll heaven....

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: June 27, 2012 01:18

Please keep us informed.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 27, 2012 01:21

It would be nice if you could post some excerpts from the book here on iorr after it's published, Riffbuk.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: June 27, 2012 01:26

Good luck and well done.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: June 27, 2012 01:40

Congratulations tocayo (we share the same first name)smileys with beer

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: June 27, 2012 02:26

Congratulations and best wishes Riffbuk.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 27, 2012 03:43

Congratulations! A true labour of love.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 27, 2012 04:17

Very cool! Congratulations.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1823
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home