Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Keith can't keep time anymore
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: June 1, 2012 14:02

video: [youtu.be]

One time great rhythm player and time keeper doesn't have the chops anymore. I am worried that he can't play with the stones anymore unless they mick taylor back to help.

Re: Keith can't keep time anymore
Date: June 1, 2012 14:24

Loudei

One time great rhythm player and time keeper doesn't have the chops anymore. I am worried that he can't play with the stones anymore unless they mick taylor back to help.

Sure he can keep time (same show). A bit uneven, maybe, but I see no wrong on this version:

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 1, 2012 14:26

This is unpleasant to listen to.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 1, 2012 14:27

...and check out the rehearsal footage for LRR ..much better sound and the harp player played an iron in the right key !

Posted by: CharliesSinger ()
Date: June 1, 2012 14:57

Loudei

Of course he can eye rolling smiley

Date: June 1, 2012 15:01

sorry Keith seems lost on the fret board.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 1, 2012 15:21

Someone keeps saying he's playing well ....

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: June 1, 2012 15:23

windmelody
This is unpleasant to listen to.

Wha - ? MOST blues sounds like this!

Impossible to tell here. He doesn't have much to do,
with Clapton and that line of guitarists behind him.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 1, 2012 15:24

DandelionPowderman
Loudei

Sure he can keep time (same show). A bit uneven, maybe, but I see no wrong on this version:

But...he isn't playing anything really, isn't he. And on LRR -all he does is slide from G to C with a slide in open G. My three year old daughter can do that....

Mathijs

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 1, 2012 15:26

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
Loudei

But...he isn't playing anything really, isn't he. And on LRR -all he does is slide from G to C with a slide in open G. My three year old daughter can do that....

Mathijs

thumbs up

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: June 1, 2012 15:28

Keith can't keep time anymore

Of course he can. Keith, what time is it??

Date: June 1, 2012 15:36

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
Loudei

Mathijs

Actually he is indeed playing. However, what he plays is very simple. If you listen closely, round the 2:30 mark he is even playing his favorite solo lick in there (the one he plays on Let Me Go - live, Tie You Up - ending + + +).

He needs to use his volume knob like he used to, though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-01 15:40 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 1, 2012 17:41

Well, maybe he can..........but he must show us that he can . last performances were poorer tan ever. I just hope Mathijs's daughter will improve her guitar skills (smile).

Date: June 1, 2012 18:15

Let's face it: Keith fingers are not comunicating very well with his brain and that reality has shut down his feel for music. To the point where, while guesting at Jimmy Fallon's Keith showed how terrifying the idea of been pulled up by the house band The Roots could be.

Please Keith tell us what's wrong with your playing... We want to know the truth.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: June 1, 2012 18:52

Every one has good and bad days.

Just let him enjoy his retirement. He's done enough for three lifes.

And he's getting old and has bad fingers as we all know.

Anyone seen BB King recently? What does he play? Only three or four notes in his so called "BB King box".

Anyone seen MT at Boogie for Stu? Out of rhythm, too loud and during a song he even had to ask Ronnie "In what key are we?" So bring him back and make things worse? Naaaaaa!!

They know what to do and when to do it. So lets leave it like this.

Sometime we'll also know, and guesing is just shite.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 1, 2012 19:18

Time is such a relative thing. Maybe the rest of the lot wern't keeping time with Keith.

I'd still love to hear Keith's time over any number of other, younger masters of punctuality. The band will just have to learn to loosen up a bit. Where's the 1? Anybody seen the 1? peace

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: June 1, 2012 19:25

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
Loudei

Mathijs

You are one of the very few here that understand the situation with Keith Mathijs. Rest of the dreamers here don´t have a clue what they are talking about. Those that don´t play guitar don´t understand.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 1, 2012 19:31

Loudei

I'm more worried about members posting this same old, tired post every 3 weeks around here. How many more different ways can all of you come up saying you're worried about Keith, he can't play guitar anymore, he doesn't have anything left in the tank, he should be left behind, he should be replaced, Mick should go solo, Keith is done for, Keith should retire, Keith should stop writing books, Keith is rusty, Keith isn't rusty, Keith should learn the piano instead.....?

MOVE ON PEOPLE.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 1, 2012 19:38

Naturalust
Time is such a relative thing. Maybe the rest of the lot wern't keeping time with Keith.

I'd still love to hear Keith's time over any number of other, younger masters of punctuality. The band will just have to learn to loosen up a bit. Where's the 1? Anybody seen the 1? peace

When Steve Jordan is manning the drum machine, time & beat are definitely predetermined as being kept right during the song.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-01 20:07 by rollmops.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 1, 2012 19:43

Indeed Mops, indeed. peace

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 1, 2012 20:17

I'm not a guitarist but for me Keith was a great guitarist up and till 1978. The slopiness began already on the 1981/82 tour. For those that can read between lines Bill Wyman said what he thought about Keith's skills in interviews during the 81/82 tour.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2012 20:48

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
Loudei

Mathijs

Yes, but does she have the right 'look' to be a Stone?

Date: June 1, 2012 20:51

Stoneage
I'm not a guitarist but for me Keith was a great guitarist up and till 1978. The slopiness began already on the 1981/82 tour. For those that can read between lines Bill Wyman said what he thought about Keith's skills in interviews during the 81/82 tour.

What did he say?

Posted by: batonrouge75 ()
Date: June 1, 2012 20:54

Stoneage

What did Wyman say?

Date: June 1, 2012 21:11

He gave hints. He said things like "Me and Charlie are the nucleus of the band, if we are right the others can do whatever they want". And he talked about other guitarists being better but not having the right look to fit in the band. And stuff like that. Harmless maybe, but if listen more closely you can spot some criticism in there.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: June 1, 2012 21:20

Stoneage

I'm a guitarist and Keith was considerably better again from Talk is Cheap, and especially from his tours with the Winos, Urban/steel tours and further on. He was probably on his best from the early '90s (putting the early '70s aside) until he gradually lost bit by bit after the Bridges tour. Just saw the Bridges DVD again a while ago, and I was frankly a bit surprised by how musically in control Keith was still during that tour.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 1, 2012 21:35

Concerning the 1981/82 tour, I believe keith did overwhole a great job with his guitars. Sure he may have @#$%& up some intros some nights but some nights Ron was out of it and keith had to do a lot of work to cover for woody lack of focus.
It isn't the fall(aging) but it's when one hits the ground that hurts and I believe that is when Keith lost a lot. He still has something left but it's going to take some work to get him back in rock and roll shape; he can do it.
Rock and roll,
Mos

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 1, 2012 21:41

Roadster32
Every one has good and bad days.

A true statement, except for maybe Angus Young who claims he's never hit a wrong note in his lifegrinning smiley

Date: June 1, 2012 21:47

You are right, Audun. He had cleaned it up to the Steel Wheels tour.

Date: June 1, 2012 22:17

audun-eg
Stoneage

I'm a guitarist and Keith was considerably better again from Talk is Cheap, and especially from his tours with the Winos, Urban/steel tours and further on. He was probably on his best from the early '90s (putting the early '70s aside) until he gradually lost bit by bit after the Bridges tour. Just saw the Bridges DVD again a while ago, and I was frankly a bit surprised by how musically in control Keith was still during that tour.

I totally agree with audun, I enjoy Keith's playing from 89-99 very much, Licks was okay, but on ABB the playing was not good anymore.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2064
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home