Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Ronnie: Stones to go into studio soon
Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 12, 2012 20:55

rebelrebel
He meant McCartney, not the Stones.

Exactly, you're right!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 12, 2012 21:25

stonescrow
Stoneage
Here's a guessing game for you (even if I don't know the answer to it): How many weeks have The Rolling Stones spent in a studio together during the last 30 years? My guess is twelve. What's yours?

I couldn't care less. I am only concerned with how much time they are going to spend in the studio in 2012, creating one last great album.smoking smiley

..a great album like A Bigger Bang? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: April 12, 2012 21:35

Stones will bring out a neww cd and best of plus we might get box of unrealesed tracks that would be dream and the tour.What else do we need? KEEP ON ROCKING BOYS

Date: April 12, 2012 22:57

Bill German on Facebook (under an hour ago:

"Enjoyed hanging with my old co-author Ronnie Wood last night, at a Faces-related event in NYC. My favorite part? He was drinking Diet Coke, and I was drinking Jack Daniel's. (He's the one who introduced me to Jack, back in my youth.) It's great to see him on the wagon (two years sober) and rarin' to go -- with or without the Stones. (And for the time being, it's without. The Woodman has pulled back on his earlier prediction of a Stones studio reunion for this month.)"

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: April 13, 2012 03:14

KRiffhard
stonescrow
Stoneage
Here's a guessing game for you (even if I don't know the answer to it): How many weeks have The Rolling Stones spent in a studio together during the last 30 years? My guess is twelve. What's yours?

I couldn't care less. I am only concerned with how much time they are going to spend in the studio in 2012, creating one last great album.smoking smiley

..a great album like A Bigger Bang? eye rolling smiley

No, more along the lines of the the Some Girls bonus tracks.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2012 05:39

DandelionPowderman
Bill German on Facebook (under an hour ago:

"Enjoyed hanging with my old co-author Ronnie Wood last night, at a Faces-related event in NYC. My favorite part? He was drinking Diet Coke, and I was drinking Jack Daniel's. (He's the one who introduced me to Jack, back in my youth.) It's great to see him on the wagon (two years sober) and rarin' to go -- with or without the Stones. (And for the time being, it's without. The Woodman has pulled back on his earlier prediction of a Stones studio reunion for this month.)"

that is 'sobering', pun intended.

Woody back tracks on the Stones in the Studio
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 12, 2012 22:42

Just had a Facebook update from Bill German who says he was out drinking in New York with Woody last night and that (Woody was on Diet Coke) he backtracked on them getting to gether in the studio this month. He didnt expand on when it might be.

Re: Woody back tracks on the Stones in the Studio
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 12, 2012 22:54

I suspect that "the big guys" have told Ronnie to button his lip, baby. He's been blabbing too much for this band's liking, I'd say.smoking smiley

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: April 12, 2012 23:04

That's cool that Bill and Woody still hang out though.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 12, 2012 23:07

Nice to see Bill G. back in the fold so to speak. I trust what he says to be true. I hate the fact they don't give Ronnie the Ok to say whatever the f u c k he wants to. This is why Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton and others would have NEVER survived a single season with The Rolling Stones. It's very childish when you think about it. Jr High School stuff. Good thing for the Stones that most of our emotional maturities have not outgrown that particular stage. lol peace

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 12, 2012 23:18

...of course you are all assuming that this is down to the to the Stones telling him to zip up. It just could be that they have postponed the studio get together....then again, you might be right confused smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 12, 2012 23:37

Ronnie was kind of, ..."I Feel Like Saying " winking smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 12, 2012 23:42

As an employee of a major conglomeration, Ronnie's employers have the right to put a gag order on any future money making ventures within that business frame.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 13, 2012 19:53

Munichhilton
As an employee of a major conglomeration, Ronnie's employers have the right to put a gag order on any future money making ventures within that business frame.

This makes sense, but when you stop to consider Keith Richards is liable, and does, say basically anything, and if anything is now reminiscent of "Baghdad Bob" [en.wikipedia.org] you have to wonder what cutting off Ronnie will accomplish.

I suppose perhaps Jagger figures it's one less source of information chaos that would ultimately land on his shoulders to have to answer for.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2012 20:20

SweetThing
Munichhilton

This makes sense, but when you stop to consider Keith Richards is liable, and does, say basically anything, and if anything is now reminiscent of "Baghdad Bob" [en.wikipedia.org] you have to wonder what cutting off Ronnie will accomplish.

I suppose perhaps Jagger figures it's one less source of information chaos that would ultimately land on his shoulders to have to answer for.

I think it is also a hierarchy thing. If Keith blabs, nothing Mick can do. If Charlie blabs, nothing Mick would do. If Ronnie blabs...bitchslap time!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 13, 2012 23:12

Here's the latest...

Mick told Ronnie to stay quiet.

Per Ronnie in Cleveland...
Hey, I was just trying to get us some business!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: April 14, 2012 00:46

Naturalust
Nice to see Bill G. back in the fold so to speak. I trust what he says to be true. I hate the fact they don't give Ronnie the Ok to say whatever the f u c k he wants to. This is why Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton and others would have NEVER survived a single season with The Rolling Stones. It's very childish when you think about it. Jr High School stuff. Good thing for the Stones that most of our emotional maturities have not outgrown that particular stage. lol peace

Well, coming from a guy who claims he was considered for the position as guitarist in Zeppelin, or who inspired Jaco Pastorius or whomever to play bass...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 14, 2012 01:20

The Rolling Stones etymological dictionary: soon - everything between 3-7 years.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 14, 2012 21:23

mickijaggeroo
Naturalust

Well, coming from a guy who claims he was considered for the position as guitarist in Zeppelin, or who inspired Jaco Pastorius or whomever to play bass...

What? Not sure what you are trying to say here. Can you please explain a bit more detail. Who are you talking about, Jeff Beck? thx peace

Date: April 15, 2012 06:38

So which one is the truth? Did he really say it? Did he really deny it? Did he say neither? Or is it just the usual internet babble?

Re: Ronnie: Stones to go into studio soon? Or may be not...
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 15, 2012 20:19

Ronnie Wood Apologizes to Rolling Stones for 'Wrong' Studio Reports
by Gary Graff and Billboard Staff | April 15, 2012 1:00 EDT

Andrew Putler/Redferns

Ronnie Wood recently caused a stir when the music press quoted him as saying the Rolling Stones were preparing to hit the recording studio again later this month, but he tells Billboard those comments were not accurately reported and led to an unfortunate conversation with the band's frontman.

"I heard from (Mick) Jagger; he's going, 'What the hell?! We don't know anything yet!' And I said, 'you know what (the media) are like. I just expressed my personal view; I would love to go into the studio.' Then they took it all wrong," he said.

He added, "So I have to make a personal apology to the rest of the band. I didn't mean to say things out of line."

Those comments, that the Stones would be hitting the studio "to just throw some ideas around," were made Monday after a press conference for his "Faces, Time and Places" art exhibit.

Speaking to us from Cleveland over the weekend, where he was inducted for a second time into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, this time for The Faces, a sober Wood said he's looking forward to the "Rolling Stones 50" coffee table book in July and an as-yet-untitled documentary due in the fall.

"We do have a 50th anniversary," the guitarist promised. "Whatever is going to be done, we will know in the next few months."

[www.billboard.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-17 12:00 by bv.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 15, 2012 21:27

Hah. grinning smiley

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: April 15, 2012 23:34

Based on his comments at 1:27 it sure doesn't sound like anything was taken out of context nor does it sound like he's expressing a personal opinion. Maybe Jagger wanted the whole studio thing kept close to the vest. Besides wasn't it already stated Mick was going to be moving to New York for a few months while they worked in the studio?

Ronnie can always say "Oh! I thought they were referring to last December for the 3 day jam".

[url=

][/url]

[quote="Edith Grove"]
[b]Ronnie Wood Apologizes to Rolling Stones for 'Wrong' Studio Reports[/b]
by Gary Graff and Billboard Staff | April 15, 2012 1:00 EDT

[img]http://www.billboard.com/photos/stylus/107462-rolling_stones_1976_617_409.jpg[/img]
Andrew Putler/Redferns

Ronnie Wood recently caused a stir when the music press quoted him as saying the Rolling Stones were preparing to hit the recording studio again later this month, but he tells Billboard those comments were not accurately reported and led to an unfortunate conversation with the band's frontman.

"I heard from (Mick) Jagger; he's going, 'What the hell?! We don't know anything yet!' And I said, 'you know what (the media) are like. I just expressed my personal view; I would love to go into the studio.' Then they took it all wrong," he said.

He added, "So I have to make a personal apology to the rest of the band. I didn't mean to say things out of line."

Those comments, that the Stones would be hitting the studio "to just throw some ideas around," were made Monday after a press conference for his "Faces, Time and Places" art exhibit.

Speaking to us from Cleveland over the weekend, where he was inducted for a second time into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, this time for The Faces, a sober Wood said he's looking forward to the "Rolling Stones 50" coffee table book in July and an as-yet-untitled documentary due in the fall.

"We do have a 50th anniversary," the guitarist promised. "Whatever is going to be done, we will know in the next few months."

[url]http://www.billboard.com/news/ronnie-wood-apologizes-to-rolling-stones-1006768752.story#/news/ronnie-wood-apologizes-to-rolling-stones-1006768752.story[/url][/quote]

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: April 16, 2012 02:50

So far at least Stonesdoug is sticking by these specific dates for the session: Apr 29 - May 4.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 16, 2012 04:57

....and Ronnie is booked on Live with Kelly for Tuesday April 17th....it will be interesting to see if that appearance isn't cancelled....confused smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 16, 2012 09:59

superrevvy
So far at least Stonesdoug is sticking by these specific dates for the session: Apr 29 - May 4.

If those hold true there is not much to be expected in terms of productivity. Sounds like something to do with the documentary, or some other determined , not big profile project - I mean, if the Stones really started making an album, that amount time is needed for the members just to find the studio... Jagger doesn't see there much to be reported prior to. Did he gave public announcements for EXILE or SOME GIRLS upcoming bonus material sessions? No. Could it be that both Keith and Ronnie read a bit too much for it, and even worse, start advertising it - misleading people - in their interviews, which drove Jagger mad?

In a long run it starts to sound really ridiculous that a rock band needs to give public announcements if they are going to have a three-day jam or a a five day studio session... Damn, THREE day jam and FIVE DAY studio session within a half year? Are those really so huge deals for them? I think some sort of reality check should be needed here. And I can pretty much understand Jagger's position here if being pissed that the 'boys' are bigmouthing here. This band is as far from a working band as is possible to think.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-16 10:04 by Doxa.

Date: April 16, 2012 10:56

Seemingly, the Stones's strategy is to confuse the fans, the media and the general public as much as possible for their 50th anniversary grinning smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 16, 2012 11:14

Doxa
there is not much to be expected in terms of productivity.

That's exactly what Ronnie said: "to just throw some ideas around."
If anyone wants to read more into that, then don't blame it on Ronnie.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: April 16, 2012 13:19

Doxa
superrevvy

If those hold true there is not much to be expected in terms of productivity. Sounds like something to do with the documentary, or some other determined , not big profile project

the length of this session is completely consistent with them getting a
few new tracks for what I've long been saying: a big "surprise" compilation
of 50 unreleased tracks, already in the can thanks to the efforts of
messrs was and jagger over the last couple years.

50 unreleased stones tracks probably count as "big profile". At the very
least it will go top 5 on the billboard 200.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: April 16, 2012 15:33

Ronnie never said the Stones would be in studio to do a new album or reharsal for a new tour. The people are very anxious.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home