Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT ~ Aerosmith Announce 'Global Warming' Tour Dates
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 31, 2012 02:50

Go see 'em...they play the stones better than the stones.

Date: March 31, 2012 03:37

plus cheap trick is opening and they will give aerosmith a run for their money every night

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: March 31, 2012 04:41

Yeah, it's a great double bill, just as Aerosmith and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts was when I saw 'em couple summers ago.

Date: March 31, 2012 06:31

andrewm
Yeah, it's a great double bill, just as Aerosmith and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts was when I saw 'em couple summers ago.

i hope cheap trick gets at least 45 minutes to play.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: March 31, 2012 07:18

I bet they'll get at least 45, maybe 60.

Date: March 31, 2012 07:43

andrewm
I bet they'll get at least 45, maybe 60.

yeah i hope so

Date: March 31, 2012 08:06

aerosmith's cool..

Date: March 31, 2012 16:24

keefriffhard4life
almost every band has studio overdubs on live albums, the stones, aerosmith, cheap trick, judas priest, kiss, etc all have live albums with overdubs so no clue why you are acting like its a new thing that only a handful of bands are doing.

next off you did post 1 clip but the 1 clip is clearly from a dvd released by the band so no doubt it was doctored after it was recorded so no way to tell how it sounded at the moment he sang it

It's not doctored after - they use studio recordings to beef up their live show. Next you'll be saying they added a harmony to the Letterman clip before it was aired.

I never said Tyler was lip syncing, hence your abundant twonking on about him singing live notes - I never said he doesn't sing live.

They've been using harmony recordings for years.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 31, 2012 16:48

Max'sKansasCity
Elmo Lewis
tatters
Max'sKansasCity

Nice guitar work on this by Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter of Lou Reed and Alice Cooper fame. (You didn't think that was Joe and Brad, did you?)

I did.

I had no idea who it was.....
I will have to peak at the credits on the LP....now wheres that box of records?

Wiki:
Get Your Wings is the second studio album by American hard rock band Aerosmith, released March 1, 1974. The album is the first to feature production from Jack Douglas, who would go on to produce the band's next four albums. Three singles were released from the album, but only one charted. The album's initial name was Night in the Ruts, as can be heard on various bootleg recordings from late 1973.
However, guitarists Joe Perry and Brad Whitford did not actually perform all of the studio guitar work. Producer Jack Douglas, during his first go-round in the studio with the bad boys from Boston, utilized Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner to perform the solo's for most of the songs on Get Your Wings. During the recording sessions for Wings, Aerosmith desired technical lead work, but what they wanted to achieve was beyond the skill level of both Perry and Whitford back in '74. As a result, Hunter and Wagner were pulled in to ghost, much as they had done for the mighty Alice Cooper.

"Train Kept A Rollin"'
Tiny Bradshaw's 1951 R&B classic, already turned into a rock song by The Rock and Roll Trio (Johnny and Dorsey Burnette and Paul Burlison) (1956) and updated by The Yardbirds in a 1965 raw British blues version, after whom Aerosmith modeled their version. In the band's early days, it was their signature, show-stopping song, and is still used to end concerts today. Despite the band's opposition, Douglas put in echo and recorded crowd noises (from the Concert for Bangladesh) around halfway through to give it a live feel, fading into the following song's synthesized blowing wind/acoustic guitar entrance. The song appears in Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and Rock Band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-31 16:49 by tatters.

Date: March 31, 2012 16:56

Date: March 31, 2012 16:58

First solo by Steve Hunter
Second as Lou gets on stage by Dick Wagner

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-31 16:58 by tatters.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: March 31, 2012 17:12

Tickets for the Boston show went on sale via ticketmaster at 10:00AM this morning. My request for two tickets at 10:01 for best available no tickets available. No show can sell out in a minute. Tickets are such a scam, I'm sure Ace and all of the legalized scalpers have them for even more inflated prices than what the face value is. Bottom line is we need to stop going to shows. It is a fuc**ng scam and we are being had. Same thing happened with Springsteen. I tried ten times. What a joke!

Posted by: ChrisG ()
Date: March 31, 2012 17:15

same here. 10:14 am and still no tickets available!

Date: March 31, 2012 23:59

slew
Tickets for the Boston show went on sale via ticketmaster at 10:00AM this morning. My request for two tickets at 10:01 for best available no tickets available. No show can sell out in a minute. Tickets are such a scam, I'm sure Ace and all of the legalized scalpers have them for even more inflated prices than what the face value is. Bottom line is we need to stop going to shows. It is a fuc**ng scam and we are being had. Same thing happened with Springsteen. I tried ten times. What a joke!

there were like 10 different presales though

Date: April 1, 2012 07:20

keefriffhard4life
slew

Presales sure are making things difficult for the general public!

Date: April 1, 2012 08:22

tatters
keefriffhard4life
slew

Presales sure are making things difficult for the general public!

yup. there was an aerosmith fan club and a cheap trick fan club presale. a presale for american express. a presale for ticketmaster facebook fans and a presale for twitter followers. i got tickets but they were $102 each

Date: April 1, 2012 08:24

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
almost every band has studio overdubs on live albums, the stones, aerosmith, cheap trick, judas priest, kiss, etc all have live albums with overdubs so no clue why you are acting like its a new thing that only a handful of bands are doing.

next off you did post 1 clip but the 1 clip is clearly from a dvd released by the band so no doubt it was doctored after it was recorded so no way to tell how it sounded at the moment he sang it

It's not doctored after - they use studio recordings to beef up their live show. Next you'll be saying they added a harmony to the Letterman clip before it was aired.

I never said Tyler was lip syncing, hence your abundant twonking on about him singing live notes - I never said he doesn't sing live.

i get what you are saying but i still never figured out how that means tyler isn't vocally carrying the show by himself? even if it is a studio recording punched in to add to a chorus the rolling stones are doing more than that with the extra musicians on stage. mick jagger has other people singing with him about 70%-75% of the concert

Date: April 1, 2012 09:48

keef - you ain't gonna win on this "The Stones are God" forum. We've made our points. We'll go see Aerosmith, while all these "Stones experts" hope for a Stones Tour somewhere in the near future. Let the music do tha talkin....

Date: April 2, 2012 06:31

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life

i get what you are saying but i still never figured out how that means tyler isn't vocally carrying the show by himself? even if it is a studio recording punched in to add to a chorus the rolling stones are doing more than that with the extra musicians on stage. mick jagger has other people singing with him about 70%-75% of the concert

I never said he isn't carrying it by himself. He is - with a lot of help from himself from the studio. But not on all songs. The Stones use other singers, yes, just like a lot of bands - but they don't use recordings of Jagger singing 'live harmonies' to what they're doing. Aerosmith plays to a click, which means everything everynight is played at the same speed, hence the studio recordings. It's more planned than a Stones show, which is geared for video and fireworks, the odd doll and whatever else.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: April 16, 2012 00:49

LieB
hbwriter
i found the guys to be very cool - and grounded - and serious about their business - brad whiford was absent - on the road in a hendrix tribute - sitting with steven and joe- i kinda wish it was the way mick and keith came off- that is to say - they seem like brothers - they bust each bother's chops a bit over who has the better memory - they are not afraid to genuinely disagree - but there is true love there - when joe looks at him, then looks at you and says - "40 something years - do you realize what i have been through with this guy? Since we were teenagers - I mean, this guy is my whole adult life, like or not - he makes me nuts sometimes, but listen to what we have done together. we are definitely better together"

That's awesome, Chris! Hope you can see past all the nutties in here going on and on about backing tracks and Stones rip-offs... I really appreciate your work and you keeping us updated!

I agree that -- from what I've seen in interviews and read in books -- Steven and Joe act closer to each other than Mick and Keith. The Glimmer Twins come across as sadly distanced from each other these days. I remember this interview with Jagger in which he talked about the 80s and how he and Keith "made up" again for the Steel Wheels album. The interviewer asked something like "Have you talked about it later" and Jagger replied "No ... which is very British, I think" and then laughed. Steven and Joe, on the other hand, they bust each others ball, twitter, talk, rand and do "therapy" in the media, etc.

It's funny but I intended to post tonight about how Steven's autobio made the Stones look happy and functional compared to the dysfunctional mess that Aerosmith appears to be. It's a bit likes Keith's as he talks about Joe being his brother and he loves etc (there's even references to the bands todgers!) but it's so bitter.

We read about Mick and Keith insulting each other in the press but Steven gets a call from Lenny Kravitz who'd been offered the lead singer gig because Steven had left! Steven takes the American Idol job and doesn't tell the band. It's a good book but you do get the impression that they don't like each other.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1164
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home