Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Track Talk: Lady Jane
Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: June 9, 2016 11:00

When I heard the opening strings of Lady Jane 29/11/12 at the O2 Arena I immediately wondered how they could replicate Brian's part in the song.
I was amazed to find that Ronnie Wood's guitar playing sounded like a dulcimer or harp and he covered Brian's part in the song excellently.
Ronnie once again showed that he is an excellent musician who unfortunately does not always receive the plaudits for his skills and interplay by loads of iorr
posters out there.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 9, 2016 14:17

stones40
When I heard the opening strings of Lady Jane 29/11/12 at the O2 Arena I immediately wondered how they could replicate Brian's part in the song.
I was amazed to find that Ronnie Wood's guitar playing sounded like a dulcimer or harp and he covered Brian's part in the song excellently.
Ronnie once again showed that he is an excellent musician who unfortunately does not always receive the plaudits for his skills and interplay by loads of iorr
posters out there.

It was nice, but the obvious thing to do... and it doesn't really sound like a dulcimer or a harp.

Date: June 9, 2016 14:42

stones40
posters out there.

Well put.

One of the reasons is obviously that extended guitar solos, where the guitar stands out from the rest of the music = the only way to play a mean guitar for many posters.

Lady Jane
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: March 4, 2021 16:56

This is a very beautiful ballad, with intelligent lyrics, and great interplay between Keith and Brian.Is that a harpsichord and lyre ? Keith's guitar work is superb.

I would love to see a new album featuring lovely ballads like this one. Just once, forget the loud jumpy rock songs.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Lady Jane
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: March 4, 2021 17:02

Beautiful track - I was really glad they brought it out live again in 2012. Not sure it stayed in the set long and also not sure if its had an official live release from that period. Can anyone weigh in on this?

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-04 17:05 by Lynd8.

Date: March 4, 2021 17:22

More info in the track talk: [iorr.org]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 4, 2021 18:26

I know this has been gone over. It set the Stones apart from the Beatles with this Elizabethan drenched cut. From Brian's glory days.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1673
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home