Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738
Current Page: 38 of 38
Re: Stones tour pushed back to 2013
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 5, 2012 21:22

Just stop posting in it and it will soon disappear and stop annoying you.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 5, 2012 21:27

Green Lady

I love it when someone is so to the point

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 5, 2012 22:35

Rolling Hansie
Green Lady

I love it when someone is so to the point

It's still and always will be better than the SuperHeavy thread.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 5, 2012 22:37

Title5Take1
The "Keith's bad health" reports are kind of vague and totally remind me of when, just before A BIGGER BANG was released, some serious news stories reported that because Ronnie had been in rehab, he only played on a couple of the album's songs. And then that turned out to be total garbage. I remember a journalist asking Mick about such reports, and Mick said, "No, Ronnie played on almost every song." Mick even seemed a little perplexed by the question.

So I'm dubious about the question (in the story that started this thread) about Keith's "ability to make it through a worldwide tour."

Such reports on Keith's health may be as bogus as the Ronnie-barely-played-on-A-BIGGER-BANG reports.

Whilst Ronnie does play on most songs on the album, he wasnt there when they recorded the basic tracks at Mick's house in France in November 2004 or a couple of months earlier when they did the demos (without Charlie who was recovering from cancer treatment) He also didnt play when the other three reconvened at Mick's house in early March 2005 as he was rehearsing for his 'Ronnie Wood & Fiends' show at Drury Lane a few days later.

Most (if not all) of his parts were overdubbed in spring 2005 on the basic tracks recorded by the rest of the band. He is on record as saying all his overdubs were done in just four days.

Whilst its untrue to say he barely played on the album, its certainly accurate to say he barely played at the sessions in which the album was recorded.

Date: August 6, 2012 03:55

what tour?

Date: August 6, 2012 17:54

21stcenturystones
what tour?

The ninth leg of the Bang tour?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738
Current Page: 38 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home