Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 38
Re: Stones tour pushed back to 2013
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 15, 2012 21:26

FWIW

2012 marks the 50th anniversary of The Rolling Stones—but it seems that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards won't be ringing in the semicentennial glaring at each other from separate backstage areas. According to interviews with both frontmen by Rolling Stone magazine, the Stones will likely not tour this year—mainly insiders say because of Richards' questionable health. But we may be in store for a multinight run in NYC.

Richards told the magazine the band haven't played much together since the end of the Bigger Bang tour in 2006: "Basically, we're just not ready." He added that 2013 was the new goal: "I have a feeling that's more realistic." An insider told them that Richards hasn't been the same ever since he fell out of a coconut tree in Fiji in April 2006: "They don't want to do a full tour," he says. "They don't want to travel, and there are concerns about Keith's health." More likely, the source says the band may do multinight runs at major cities: "For example, they'd do 10 nights at MSG, 10 nights at Staples, 10 nights at London's O2 arena," the source adds.

Marc Spitz, author of last year's "Jagger" biography, told us he has decided to accentuate the positive about this report:

In a way this is really good news. Even though it looks like they aren't making the anniversary in some perfect time frame (and who cares in the end if it's bang on July '62 to July '12) the question has always been 'Will they tour again at all? Or did Keith's book botch any chance of it happening?' I've been asked this dozens of times since last fall and had no answer. Only educated guesses. Now the question appears to be not 'if' but when and how, which is exciting. I always figured they had at least one more in them.

Three other interesting pieces of information from the Rolling Stone article: Jagger is moving to NYC for awhile, the band are booking studio time to start a new album for next year, and best of all, longtime bassist Bill Wyman—who left the band amicably after the Steel Wheels tour in 1992—may rejoin the band for the upcoming tour! "I think he's up for it," Richards says. "We talked about it. I'll let you know when I can."

[gothamist.com]

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 15, 2012 21:32

Rolling Hansie
JumpinJeppeFlash
Rolling Hansie
JumpinJeppeFlash
My intention has never been to bash or complain about Keith

Thank you for clearing that up.

Stop being sarcastic.

Why are you so aggressive ? I was simply thanking you for clearing something up, that I might have misunderstood. I was not being sarcastic at all.

Ok, then i know, sorry about that.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 15, 2012 21:36

Allways thought Bigger Bang Tour ended in August, 2007 and not 2006.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 15, 2012 21:41

JumpinJeppeFlash

OK smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 15, 2012 21:44

Rolling Hansie
GumbootCloggeroo
Has anyone here even said "get well Keith!"???

Yes, several people have. Maybe not with those exact words, but clearly with the same intention. At least I noticed those posts and I thank those who posted them.

Well it seems to me that we've "debunked" the other post taken from Shidoobee regarding the ministroke story. Withssoul had some interesting points that challenged it. Dont' get me wrong, I read that and was incredibly disturbed by the notion that Keith was suffering from ministrokes but I honestly can't buy into that. Sure his performances have been pretty rough but to suggest something as serious as strokes? I don't know about that.

Sure the doctors could have denied Keith's insurance coverage but that might have been more with issues of him just being a man nearing his 70's: limited stamina inadequate to sustain a full tour--and not because of any "stroke" risk.

I hope Keith doesn't suffer from any serious ailments and honestly, his guitar playing may be shot but he speaks and moves around just fine. Nothing of the nature would suggest that he's had a stroke.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 15, 2012 21:55

Justin
Rolling Hansie
GumbootCloggeroo
Has anyone here even said "get well Keith!"???

Yes, several people have. Maybe not with those exact words, but clearly with the same intention. At least I noticed those posts and I thank those who posted them.

Well it seems to me that we've "debunked" the other post taken from Shidoobee regarding the ministroke story. Withssoul had some interesting points that challenged it. Dont' get me wrong, I read that and was incredibly disturbed by the notion that Keith was suffering from ministrokes but I honestly can't buy into that. Sure his performances have been pretty rough but to suggest something as serious as strokes? I don't know about that.

Sure the doctors could have denied Keith's insurance coverage but that might have been more with issues of him just being a man nearing his 70's: limited stamina inadequate to sustain a full tour--and not because of any "stroke" risk.

I hope Keith doesn't suffer from any serious ailments and honestly, his guitar playing may be shot but he speaks and moves around just fine. Nothing of the nature would suggest that he's had a stroke.

Sorry to debunk that notion, but why is this 'Keith specific' then? They are all near, or well into their 70's (think Bill).

There are a myriad of other acts out there far older as well that are able to 'tour' and 'get insurance'.

Whatever the reason, Keith's health appears to be an issue and we can only wish him well.

Date: March 15, 2012 21:59

Rolling Hansie
JumpinJeppeFlash

OK smileys with beer Cheers

thumbs up

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 15, 2012 22:10

treaclefingers
Sorry to debunk that notion, but why is this 'Keith specific' then? They are all near, or well into their 70's (think Bill).

There are a myriad of other acts out there far older as well that are able to 'tour' and 'get insurance'.

Whatever the reason, Keith's health appears to be an issue and we can only wish him well.

Yes they are all near 70 but can we say that all of them are in exactly the same shape? I think it's clear that the answer is no. Every member no doubt recieved their own individual physical evaluation. Out of the entire group it seems that Keith may have not passed. But to say that the main reason was because he was suffering from "mini-strokes"...is slightly irresponsible.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 15, 2012 22:10

That's I suppose is a hell of a news for some afide who have been living with Stones music for decades. I read Bill will be part of it. And Tyalor...

Date: March 15, 2012 22:18

Justin
treaclefingers

Yes they are all near 70 but can we say that all of them are in exactly the same shape? I think it's clear that the answer is no. Every member no doubt recieved their own individual physical evaluation. Out of the entire group it seems that Keith may have not passed. But to say that the main reason was because he was suffering from "mini-strokes"...is slightly irresponsible.

Agreed...but I certainly never said that....however you said it may just have been issues related to a man nearing his 70's. Whether they are ministrokes or something else, there is obviously a problem and I just don't think you relate it to simply an 'age thing' as they are in the same boat in that regard.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: March 15, 2012 22:29

one thing i find odd...or funny is...that "Keith hasn't been the same since he fell out of a coconut tree in Fiji" or wherever it was or whatever he fell out of...

that happened 6 years ago...

BUT...when it came to write "Life"...his memory and thoughts were as lucid as ever...according to him and the people who lauded it that is...

he probably needs to do what he doesn't want to do...which is:

1. stop drinking "Nuclear Waste" (Orange Crush & Vodka) all day
2. stop smoking
3. concentrate more on slide playing rather than licks that require dexterity in the joints...cuz one look at his hands and we all know it's not going to happen...

Jeff Beck has NO PLACE in the band whatsoever...that's silly...they should put Keith and Mick Taylor in a Health Spa and get them at least 'show ready' if not 'tour ready'...50 years and only 2 members are gone...one lasted 7 years and the other never made it to an LP cover...it's not cheating to bring Mick Taylor back and have 3 guitarists...plus it's a bit of an insult to the legacy of Mick Taylor if they have to have that Blondie guy up there doing it anyway...

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 22:35

GumbootCloggeroo
Why is there no sympathy here for Keith's health? There's something going on and everyone is worried if that means there will be no tour. Shouldn't his health be more important than whether or not your selfish asses will be in a seat at a Stones show? Has anyone here even said "get well Keith!"??? Also, the discussion of moving Keith aside and putting Jeff Beck in or someone else to replace him is a clear indication of the level of selfishness on here.

So many claim to be huge fans of Keith but all they seem to see is "Where's my tour?" Has anyone given a thought to what may be Keith's health problem? Does anybody care that the man who created the soundtrack to their lives might be suffering or in pain? Lots of love shown here from people who say they're fans. God bless Keith. May he overcome whatever is ailing him.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 15, 2012 22:39

To be honest - I am fine if they don't tour again. I've seen them a bunch of time and am very happy that I got to see them even once. Besides if the only reason they're doing it is because it's an anniversary or whatever, then just as well they don't. If he and Mick can't stand each other, and are sharing a stage trying to fake it, well, I don't really want to see that.

As for Keith going to a health farm to get in shape, I just think that's silly. The guys is almost 70, if he wanted to change his ways he could have and would have. I just don't see Keith doing a bunch of crap that he doesn't want to do just so he can play in front of big crowds, especially when half of them are going to slag him off just because he's no longer looks or plays like a twenty something. I wouldn't if I were him.

That being said, if they get together because they really want to, I will certainly be a very happy girl.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: March 15, 2012 22:40

stonesdan60
GumbootCloggeroo
Why is there no sympathy here for Keith's health? There's something going on and everyone is worried if that means there will be no tour. Shouldn't his health be more important than whether or not your selfish asses will be in a seat at a Stones show? Has anyone here even said "get well Keith!"??? Also, the discussion of moving Keith aside and putting Jeff Beck in or someone else to replace him is a clear indication of the level of selfishness on here.

So many claim to be huge fans of Keith but all they seem to see is "Where's my tour?" Has anyone given a thought to what may be Keith's health problem? Does anybody care that the man who created the soundtrack to their lives might be suffering or in pain? Lots of love shown here from people who say they're fans. God bless Keith. May he overcome whatever is ailing him.

Personally i've heard LOTS of people express concern and well-wishes for
Keith. Personally i haven't heard even one person express the opposite.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 15, 2012 22:48

Dave Davies had a stroke a few years' ago: I think he's back, playing and singing.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: March 15, 2012 22:50

Keith should take Hapkido!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 15, 2012 22:51

tomcasagranda
Dave Davies had a stroke a few years' ago: I think he's back, playing and singing.

Well, don´t bet on that:

[www.ravingdavefans.com]

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: March 15, 2012 22:55

tomcasagranda

He released a solo album a couple of years ago and was supposed to tour, but I don't think he ever did any shows.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: March 15, 2012 23:03

CindyC
To be honest - I am fine if they don't tour again. I've seen them a bunch of time and am very happy that I got to see them even once. Besides if the only reason they're doing it is because it's an anniversary or whatever, then just as well they don't. If he and Mick can't stand each other, and are sharing a stage trying to fake it, well, I don't really want to see that.

As for Keith going to a health farm to get in shape, I just think that's silly. The guys is almost 70, if he wanted to change his ways he could have and would have. I just don't see Keith doing a bunch of crap that he doesn't want to do just so he can play in front of big crowds, especially when half of them are going to slag him off just because he's no longer looks or plays like a twenty something. I wouldn't if I were him.

That being said, if they get together because they really want to, I will certainly be a very happy girl.

i guess the only reason i mentioned the 'health spa' thing is because Keith himself talks about how we 'wants to get the boys back out on the road'...i saw them in 89 and they sucked...and i never went back to see them afterwards...but that doesn't mean that i don't still love them or revere their memory or legacy...i have just heard him blather on about playing, weaving, todgers etc etc so much that you would think he would be proactive...

sure he doesn't play or look like he is in his 20's...he didn't when he was in his 20's...but there a are a lot of other guys his age and older that at least try to deliver...(Bill Wyman, Ian Hunter, John Mayall for God's sake)..

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 15, 2012 23:03

stonesdan60
Has anyone given a thought to what may be Keith's health problem?

Absolutely. But I never felt comfortable discussing it in public. At least not in a message board.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: March 15, 2012 23:19

Where are all the people that said that Keith was okay and ready to rock? And called names to people who were sceptial about keith's ability to play!?

Date: March 15, 2012 23:29

superrevvy
stonesdan60
GumbootCloggeroo

Thank you revvy...I hate when the strawman argument comes out as well.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: March 15, 2012 23:46

Perusing this animated thread, I get the feeling some are out of touch with the aging process, not to mention possible brain trauma, combined with longterm effects of a hard lifestyle. Look at Keith's recent appearances, which personally I like. Times have changed. You will be disappointed if you think the Stones are going to rock out at a fever pitch, and that Keith is going to "get better." Keith is better, much better. He's sober and the effects of aforementioned trauma and lifestyle are mitigated by his resolute soul. This is how it's gonna be from now on, either love it or live in the past. Next year, Keith will be even older, and perhaps yet slower (more "minimal" is how I see it) than he is today. And Jagger would do well to take a letter, stop running around and pointing his finger with delusions of youth (notwithstanding L'Wren), and catch his breath.

Thank dog for youtube because when they do hit in 2013 we're gonna be watching a lot of vids.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: March 15, 2012 23:50

cowboytoast
one thing i find odd...or funny is...that "Keith hasn't been the same since he fell out of a coconut tree in Fiji" or wherever it was or whatever he fell out of...

that happened 6 years ago...

When you get a serious concussion like that, sometimes it's hard to get on a plane and go to altitude. Sometimes your brain swells if you do too much activity. Concussions can re-occur a lot easier because the brain has already been jolted loose from its housing. The smoking and drinking doesn't have as much to do with it as does the movement and activity a tour would require. The guy's got to be careful or else he could hemhorrage again.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 16, 2012 00:03

Naturally I wish Keith all the best, and I hope he plays more Stones shows, but I felt real awkward watching the clips of "Promised Land" with Elvis Costello. It was a bit like Weekend At Bernie's.
By the way, anyone else think it's sweet that Mick is moving to NYC-- Keith's home base--seeing as travel is (apparently) difficult for the man?

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: March 16, 2012 00:04

treaclefingers
superrevvy
stonesdan60
GumbootCloggeroo

Thank you revvy...I hate when the strawman argument comes out as well.

You hate the strawman argument??? then how come its the only one you use against me.

Date: March 16, 2012 00:05

Rik
Where are all the people that said that Keith was okay and ready to rock? And called names to people who were sceptial about keith's ability to play!?

That´s what i´m thinking to? But i´m not going to tell no one i told you so more because i think this whole situation with Keith sucks big time. I would have loved to see him perform once more with the boys. It´s what we all love and it´s hard to realize that it might be over. Well, at least i was there at the O2 last three nights.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: March 16, 2012 00:06

CindyC
I don't feel like reading all ten pages, so I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but i'm not completely surprised by this. I have it on pretty good authority that Keith has a side project going on. Not sure if it's all the Winos, but at the very least Ivan N.

Cindy,
Your post was somehow lost in this very agitated thread. Do you want to say that the Stones tour has been postponed because Richards has a side project with Winos(or part of it)?

Date: March 16, 2012 00:12

proudmary
CindyC
I don't feel like reading all ten pages, so I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but i'm not completely surprised by this. I have it on pretty good authority that Keith has a side project going on. Not sure if it's all the Winos, but at the very least Ivan N.

Cindy,
Your post was somehow lost in this very agitated thread. Do you want to say that the Stones tour has been postponed because Richards has a side project with Winos(or part of it)?

I can't believe Keith would hold up the Stones because he wanted to do a Wino's project/tour...perhaps that isn't what was meant?

Posted by: atip ()
Date: March 16, 2012 00:22

Here's to hoping I'm still alive in 2013! Yeah, baby.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1636
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home