Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 36
Re: Mick Jagger to perform at The White House Feb 21
Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 21, 2012 14:10

Rolling Hansie
proudmary
We can say that Life served as a catalyst to start Jagger up and he'll not stop now

Oh Come On. This is a great thread about something great that Mick is gonna do. Let's keep it that way and, just for once, don't try to turn it into an anti-Keith thing. OK ?

ha ha beat you to it. by 3 whole minutes.

seriously, thanks for chiming in.

this is important.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 21, 2012 14:40

Rolling Hansie
proudmary
We can say that Life served as a catalyst to start Jagger up and he'll not stop now

Oh Come On. This is a great thread about something great that Mick is gonna do. Let's keep it that way and, just for once, don't try to turn it into an anti-Keith thing. OK ?

I didn't see anything "anti-Keith" in what I said and I didn't want this to sound like that at all. This's simple psychological observation - last year was not easy for Jagger, his name was ridiculed in the press, and he came out of this situation with honor.
What's the matter? Now we can never ever mention the L-book, has it become a taboo subject?
so who then is anti-Keith - definitely not me.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 21, 2012 14:44

Doxa
proudmary
Doxa
Besides, isn't that Jagger guy, 68, marvellous? Just think of the range of the things he does: he has a top three hit in the single charts in UK with one of the hottest music makers of the day that is exactly 'trendy' music at the moment. The kids are dancing to his moves and swaggers in the clubs.. He just made a team effort cross-genre album that is unique by its own terms... Now he is there in the White House playing the old blues with Buddy Guy and Jeff Beck... And this all before the 50th Anniversary thing by the Stones that, of course, is going to be a huge thing... oh yeah, and he worked some vaults stuff from 30 years old album somewhere along the way...

Is there anyone in the music universe who could do something similar? An unique guy, our Jagger... A miracle, the whole man...

- Doxa

Well said, Doxa thumbs up

So we can, once again, thank Keith for all these... >grinning smiley<

- Doxa

cool smiley

Oh, dear, thanks God somebody here has the sense of humor!
Otherwise we would have been absolutely hopeless

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 21, 2012 14:50

superrevvy
ha ha beat you to it. by 3 whole minutes.

LOL yeah, I just saw it

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 21, 2012 14:52

proudmary
I didn't see anything "anti-Keith" in what I said and I didn't want this to sound like that at all.

OK then

-------------------

Date: February 21, 2012 15:13

superrevvy
Kirk
I went through this thread before coming up with the question but I might have missed any mention of the exact time of this event. Anyway, as it is going to be live streamed, does anybody know at what time it will take place?

from memory, 8pm

from memory, somebody said streaming slots will be limited and/or of spotty quality

[www.whitehouse.gov]

nothing on the whitehouse site yet at all, not even the obama-and-mick-shake-hands-
for-the-first-time pic i'm waiting for

d.c. fox tv right now says 7pm EST. anybody know for sure?

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: February 21, 2012 15:15

superrevvy
Kirk
I went through this thread before coming up with the question but I might have missed any mention of the exact time of this event. Anyway, as it is going to be live streamed, does anybody know at what time it will take place?

from memory, 8pm

from memory, somebody said streaming slots will be limited and/or of spotty quality

[www.whitehouse.gov]

Thanks for your reply!

nothing on the whitehouse site yet at all, not even the obama-and-mick-shake-hands-
for-the-first-time pic i'm waiting for

Posted by: Borncrosseyed ()
Date: February 21, 2012 16:07

[dc.broadwayworld.com]

As part of their “In Performance at the White House” series, the President and First Lady will invite music legends and contemporary major artists to the White House for a celebration of Blues music and in recognition of Black History Month. The program will include performances by Troy “Trombone Shorty” Andrews, Jeff Beck, Gary Clark, Jr., Shemekia Copeland, Buddy Guy, Warren Haynes, Mick Jagger, B.B. King, Keb Mo, Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks, with Taraji P. Henson as the program host and Booker T. Jones as music director and band leader. The President’s remarks will be pooled press and the entire event will be streamed live on www.whitehouse.gov/live starting at 7:20 PM ET.

“In Performance at the White House: Red, White and Blues” will be broadcast Monday, February 27 at 9 PM ET on PBS stations nationwide (check local listings). The program will also be broadcast at a later date via the American Forces Network to American service men and women and civilians at U.S. Department of Defense locations around the world.

Date: February 21, 2012 16:26

Borncrosseyed
with Taraji P. Henson as the program host

Date: February 21, 2012 16:32

Borncrosseyed
The program will include performances by Troy “Trombone Shorty” Andrews, Jeff Beck, Gary Clark, Jr., Shemekia Copeland, Buddy Guy, Warren Haynes, Mick Jagger, B.B. King, Keb Mo, Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks

obviously with all these performers it won't be the mick jagger show. but if
jeff, mick, and buddy are, like in that rehearsal photo, sharing the stage at
some point, it still should be awesome.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 21, 2012 16:35

superrevvy
Borncrosseyed
with Taraji P. Henson as the program host

If she looks like that I'm all for it. Hard-on and everything here...

JumpingKentFlash

Date: February 21, 2012 16:48

1) nothing that i can find about how long the streaming show tonite will last

2) nothing that i can find about how long the pbs 27th broadcast will last

3) nothing to say that the pbs broadcast won't be a shortened version

4) hopefully the whitehouse archives the entire thing for downloading, at least
for awhile

5) if not, hopefully somebody somewhere captures a decent quality copy of
the stream and gets it up onto youtube, in sections

6) if so, hopefully neither pbs nor the whitehouse moves to block it on youtube

7) otherwise, hopefully someone here finds a downloadable copy elsewhere and
lets us know about it

8) so maybe this is what obama meant by "hope"

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 21, 2012 16:53

the entire event will be streamed live on www.whitehouse.gov/live starting at 7:20 PM ET.

thanks for that link! the White House site says 7:15 - that's 1:15 AM in Central Europe, right?
better tell the fire chief to quit playing cards - oops i mean better set the alarm

i love the Rolling Stones :E

Date: February 21, 2012 16:55

Thanks for the pics superrevvy, tonight's the night!!

Do you know what time the white house stream is btw?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-21 17:04 by steel driving hammer.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 21, 2012 17:28

L wren better look out for Jagger,he does not make a pass at the beautiful presentator Taraji. That would be a performance mick!!!
Go Mick go!
jeroen

Date: February 21, 2012 18:08

Thanks for all the info

-------------------

Date: February 21, 2012 18:31

Doxa
Besides, isn't that Jagger guy, 68, marvellous? Just think of the range of the things he does: he has a top three hit in the single charts in UK with one of the hottest music makers of the day that is exactly 'trendy' music at the moment. The kids are dancing to his moves and swaggers in the clubs.. He just made a team effort cross-genre album that is unique by its own terms... Now he is there in the White House playing the old blues with Buddy Guy and Jeff Beck... And this all before the 50th Anniversary thing by the Stones that, of course, is going to be a huge thing... oh yeah, and he worked some vaults stuff from 30 years old album somewhere along the way...

Is there anyone in the music universe who could do something similar? An unique guy, our Jagger... A miracle, the whole man...

- Doxa

Nicely stated! Jagger also added some rock-and-roll royalty to the Davos summit in a dire global economy. He managed to eschew politics and steered away from being a "political football" but also made sure that he was the most-talked about attendee despite not attending the conference itself.

At age 68, Jagger is peerless. He doesnt seem to need anyone else to define who he is, who he ought to be as an artist or what he ought to be doing with his life

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-21 19:01 by wanderingspirit66.

Date: February 21, 2012 19:15

When will the White House fire up the feed to the show???

Plug in flush out, fire the f*cking feed...

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 21, 2012 19:21

steel driving hammer

... please look at my post just above where you last asked this question -
i didn't repeat it, because i was sure you'd notice it. it's right there.

Date: February 21, 2012 19:24

with sssoul
steel driving hammer

... please look at my post just above where you last asked this question -
i didn't repeat it, because i was sure you'd notice it. it's right there.

eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley Thanks, didn't read above.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 21, 2012 19:39

Great comments, Doxa! Mick will shine, he knows all about kicking it up a notch to suit the importance of the moment. I hope this ends up a DVD. I think it might be hard to view live tonight, and yes, I bet the PBS version is edited and shortened. I'm wondering how long Mick's performance will last. I'm hoping it will be at least 20 minutes or more. I'm thrilled that he has this opportunity to show exactly how unique he is and what a consummate showman he still is at 68. He will appear ageless! I bet Jeff Beck will do well too, and of course Buddy Guy. Can you imagine being THERE to see it live??

Date: February 21, 2012 19:41

it will be great
hope we see it in Holland
jeroen

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: February 21, 2012 20:38

Jeff Beck said the POTUS watched him rehearse..

Date: February 21, 2012 20:57

potus???

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 21, 2012 21:01

corriecas
potus???
President Of The United States

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: February 21, 2012 21:15

Got the Blues? Black History Month at the White House. Mick Jagger, B.B. King, Buddy Guy, Gary Clark Jr., Derek Trucks, Jeff Beck, Booker T., Keb Mo, Susan Tedeschi, Warren Haynes, Troy “Trombone Shorty” Andrews & Shemekia Copeland. "In Perfomance at The White House: Red, White and Blues”, will honor the musical form that sprang from the Mississippi Delta and flourished in the Westside of Chicago with deep roots in Africa and slavery. The performances will explore those roots and pay homage to the great figures of the Blues and the songs they made famous by tracing the influence of the Blues on modern American music from soul to rock'n'roll.

[dirtyrock.eu]

bits of news
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 21, 2012 08:09

I saw Warren Haynes tonight (Allmans, Govt. Mule as I'm sure most of you know). He'd just flown in from D.C. where he's been deep in rehearsals with Jagger for the White House show tomorrow - he played this small private thing I was at - the a red eye tonight back to DC for the show tomorrow to play with Mick - some schedule! - but evidently Mick is on fire.

also - a bit of stones-related news was shared with me tonight (at the event) - the source is, in my opinion, very credible - soon as I am at liberty to share I will - there's something else I want to check out - sorry to be cryptic - but just a heads up as I plan on getting back to this ASAP

Re: bits of news
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 21, 2012 08:24

Thanks so much hb! Awesome!

Re: bits of news
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 21, 2012 08:40

will add that Haynes played LAMF tonight - just amazing - he's off with Clapton next week -

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1864
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home