Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Mick & Bianca photo thread
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 15, 2012 04:34

I prefer calling him a Casanova or Don Juan or even a womaniser.

If Bianca hadn't been pregnant, I suppose they wouldn't have got married. So she really couldn't expect the same level of commitment as if he had made an unencumbered choice.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 15, 2012 04:58

Bliss

If Bianca hadn't been pregnant, I suppose they wouldn't have got married. So she really couldn't expect the same level of commitment as if he had made an unencumbered choice.

Bianca said the pregnancy 'had nothing to do with their decision'
I actually think Mick is oldfashioned and really wanted to marry. Marianne had also been pregnant. He must have felt at some point that Bianca was the one he wanted to marry.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 15, 2012 06:07

Date: February 15, 2012 06:07

Date: February 15, 2012 06:09

Who is that woman between Mick and Bianca? What face? ANd Bianca looks a bit nervous...lol

Date: February 15, 2012 08:28

It's Ronnie's wife - not sure why the face - bianca doesn't look too thrilled either

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 15, 2012 08:41

Bliss

see...i keep telling 'the wife' that but she ain't buyin' it!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 15, 2012 09:01

...another nice couple...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: February 15, 2012 09:50

stupidguy2
Bliss

I actually think Mick is oldfashioned and really wanted to marry. Marianne had also been pregnant. He must have felt at some point that Bianca was the one he wanted to marry.

Bianca also told us that Mick wanted an "open" marriage. He told her she can also have her affairs, but that was not something she wanted.

Date: February 15, 2012 10:56

elunsi
stupidguy2
Bliss

Bianca also told us that Mick wanted an "open" marriage. He told her she can also have her affairs, but that was not something she wanted.

Well, someone who says he wants an open marriage from the beginning is ambivalent about marriage. And since Bianca did not want an open marriage, would she have married him had she not been pregnant?

Date: February 15, 2012 14:54

Deltics

Leni Riefenstahl

The bottom photo here: there are others in that sequence. In one Mick is yawning, in the other Bianca. I wish I could find them. When they showed up in a magazine a long time ago, they were positioned next to each other. Does anyone else recall them?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 15, 2012 15:00

Deltics

Leni Riefenstahl

ahh there it is - i recall seeing that shot in 71 (or whenever it was)
and being mystified that the accompanying article said nothing about how similar they are.
i have no idea who made that "Mick married his mirror image" statement famous,
but i definitely said it at the time. i knew you'd all want to know that :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 15:01 by with sssoul.

Date: February 15, 2012 15:02

hbwriter
schil--where on earth did those polaroids come from????
Aren't they from the green 75 tour book? I have them somewhere too. Are they Warhol's? the 'oh dear oh dear' sure looks like him.

Apologies; I see the old thread by SwayStones. That is where I knew the pics from.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 15:07 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: February 15, 2012 19:35

Weren't the polaroids recently (last year) released or sold in an auction and that's we hadn't seen them before? My original thought was Warhol, because who else would have that that much access? But some of the captions don't seem like Warhol and if they were, wouldn't they have been part of a Warhol estate sale? Because i remember reading they came from a separate, anonymous source... Perhaps a Warhol protege?
Whomever the photog is, they managed to get access to Mick in a bath, and Bianca in a bed - and both seem very casual and comfortable with this person.

And Bliss, interesting question - I always suspected Bianca was the more ambivalent one toward marriage (she has suggested as such)...Mick's comments about marriage have always been contradictory - after his divorce, he was very negative and dismissive said he only got married for 'something to do' ...then later in the 80s, when asked when he was going to marry Jerry Hall, he said he was 'a bit Catholic when it comes to marriage.....you only do it once.' Meaning, he wasn't going to do it again, and he didn't.
An interesting anecdote from Bianca in a 2000 interview in George magazine - She recalled how she and Mick traveled to Nicaragua in early 71 so Mick could ask her father for her hand in marriage. She also said that her father called Mick 'a nice man' and that he enjoyed speaking in English with Mick.
My favorite part was when she laughingly recalled how Mick stayed in a hotel while she stayed with her mother - they could not sleep in the same room because they were not married - and Mick thought it was funny.....
So it does seem Bianca has a very conservative background....

Love these pics!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 19:50 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 15, 2012 19:53

Nice article about MONTAUK Andy and Mick&Bianka

The final date of the tour was scheduled for Mick's birthday - July 26, at Madison Square Garden. Afterwards a lavish party was given for the 29 year old Stone by Ashmet Ertgun, president of Atlantic Records, at his palatial roof top suite atop the St. Regis Hotel. Overlooking Manhattan, the creme de la creme of arts and society came to honor the pouting prince - including Andy, Peter, Truman, and Lee. Andy provided the high light of the party. A naked girl popped out of a towering birthday cake, and twirled her silicon tits as a dozen black tap dancers provided a chorus line. The New York Post reported - "In the perfumed twilight of the Roman Empire unspeakable things went on. Are we entering that same twilight?"

The next day Peter BEARD invited the exhausted Mick and bride Bianca, to visit his house In Montauk for a quick R&R. They flew into Montauk airport and spent the next few days relaxing at the shore, water skiing on Lake Montauk, and walking the beach. It was an introduction to Montauk that would lead to a much longer stay.

One of Mick's favorite hang outs that summer was the Shagwong on Main Street. A little rougher around the edges in those days, it's main attractions were a pool table and a juke box full of rock and roll. Only problem was, the only Stones tune on it was the by then golden oldie "Get Off My Cloud". They'd play it every time Mick came in for a drink. One night Mick had enough. After 10 Pina Coladas, and the same number of "Get Off My Cloud", Mick got off his bar stool, put a quarter in the box, punched up the classic disco tune - " Stand, Stand, Stand" - and started singing along. The whole place got quiet at first, and then exploded.
Now as then, Jimmy Hewitt owned the Shagwong. He remembers Mick and Bianca would come in once or twice a week. "They were great for business. We had girls camped out three deep up and down the sidewalk waiting for them!" Mick would take up a stool at the end of the bar, where he's sit with his private bottle of Grand Marnier. Bianca would waltz into the kitchen to pick out dinner, and kibitz with the crew. She'd roll up the sleeves of her Yves Saint Laurent dresses and open clams. Many nights after closing, Mick would invite Jimmy back to the hose to hear the Stones rehearse. The only problem was the nocturnal Stones wouldn't even start 2 or 3 in the morning. By then it was time for Jimmy to go home.
One girl who many in Montauk pined for, was a certain Barbara Allen. The pretty young wife of Joe Allen, one of Andy's Interview backers, Barbara attracted attention where ever she went. Years before she and Peter had a fling. That summer married Mick seemed to find her company very enjoyable. According to Bob Colacello, he was inadvertently present at a night time rendezvous while staying at Peter Beard's house. One hot summer's night he was dropping off to a peaceful night's sleep, when through the open window comes none other than Mick! Seemed he's mistaken Bob's room, for Barbara Allen's. Poor Bob, it was the closest he'd get to having a rock and roll star in his bed that summer.

[www.montauklife.com]

Date: February 15, 2012 20:20

Great story Mary.
There was a similar anecdote in Warhol's Exposures about how Mick would play (they got the name of the song wrong)"Shame,Shame,Shame" on the jukebox in the summer of 75 and sing along. And since again, Mick shows what a philanderer he was...
No wonder Jerry and Bianca are still bitter....lol

Date: February 15, 2012 20:56

a good friend of mine carried on with Mick as well at Montauk - 74-75 - she has some interesting anecdotal stuff that I wish I could add here smiling smiley

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 15, 2012 20:58

Romeo and Juliet winking smiley

HMN

Date: February 15, 2012 21:26

hbwriter
a good friend of mine carried on with Mick as well at Montauk - 74-75 - she has some interesting anecdotal stuff that I wish I could add here smiling smiley

Wow, HB - you are connected!
And cruel to tease...lol

Date: February 15, 2012 21:31

Honestman

I had never seen this shot before! Thanks HM! There is a series of these shots and one of them has Bianca leaning in to kiss Mick on the cheek....I had it in one of those In Jagger's Words books from the 80s...
Beautiful. I wonder if Mick looks at his life/relationships with regret....he seemed to hint at that in Plundered My Soul...
'...close to admitting Im a sorry case...'

Date: February 15, 2012 22:57

stupidguy2
Honestman

I had never seen this shot before! Thanks HM! There is a series of these shots and one of them has Bianca leaning in to kiss Mick on the cheek....I had it in one of those In Jagger's Words books from the 80s...
Beautiful. I wonder if Mick looks at his life/relationships with regret....he seemed to hint at that in Plundered My Soul...

I have read where he speaks with fond nostalgia for the first year of his r'ship with Bianca.

Date: February 15, 2012 23:31

Bliss
stupidguy2
Honestman

I have read where he speaks with fond nostalgia for the first year of his r'ship with Bianca.

He was quite nasty in the first years after the divorce - said things like 'Her credibility is a bit blown', 'She just wants her name in the papers'....really, really mean things to say about the mother of your child. During the divorce proceedings, one reporter asked him how Bianca was, he repied, 'Terrible!'
This is why I always believed that she divorced him. People get very bitter when they're the ones rejected, and the media at the time assumed he had left her...and he seemed to promote that perception by flaunting his relationship with Jerry Hall, making comments about how he liked Jerry because she 'had a job, not like some women'. Obviously a dig at Bianca and her acting aspirations at the time.
He didn't say very nice things about her and that always spoke volumes to me. If he was so happy with Jerry Hall, why the nastiness toward his ex. Little-boy revenge games.
But maybe he's softened a bit with age and distance. In interviews during the Exile re-release, he did speak about that time in a different light: talking about he had a house in Nice, that he had just gotten married and it was pleasant etc...he'll never be specific, vague as ever, but that's probably all we're going to get from Mick. You know I could theorize on this ad-nauseum...so I'll stop and just enjoy the pics!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 23:38 by stupidguy2.

Date: February 15, 2012 23:47

stupidguy2
hbwriter

And cruel to tease...lol

i regretted it after posting - sorry to drop a clue - i actually have a pet theory that she inspired a tune from that era -the facts are almost too close smiling smiley

Date: February 16, 2012 00:58

hbwriter
stupidguy2
hbwriter

And cruel to tease...lol

i regretted it after posting - sorry to drop a clue - i actually have a pet theory that she inspired a tune from that era -the facts are almost too close smiling smiley

Damn HB!
Curiouser and curiouser....

Posted by: nankered ()
Date: February 16, 2012 01:01

she was such a stunner,as if posed ,model perfect in any random shot taken

how'd he ever get sick of waking up next to her?

good lord the "perfect" woman [for me]

Date: February 16, 2012 01:43

Come On
...another nice couple...

Great movie! 1977! Yes, this Bianca was also very stylish....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-16 01:44 by stupidguy2.

Date: February 16, 2012 01:56

A canine version of Mick and Bianca:

[www.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-16 01:57 by stupidguy2.

Date: February 16, 2012 08:32

stupidguy2
Bliss
stupidguy2
Honestman

He was quite nasty in the first years after the divorce - said things like 'Her credibility is a bit blown', 'She just wants her name in the papers'....really, really mean things to say about the mother of your child. During the divorce proceedings, one reporter asked him how Bianca was, he repied, 'Terrible!'
This is why I always believed that she divorced him. People get very bitter when they're the ones rejected, and the media at the time assumed he had left her...and he seemed to promote that perception by flaunting his relationship with Jerry Hall, making comments about how he liked Jerry because she 'had a job, not like some women'. Obviously a dig at Bianca and her acting aspirations at the time.
He didn't say very nice things about her and that always spoke volumes to me. If he was so happy with Jerry Hall, why the nastiness toward his ex. Little-boy revenge games.
But maybe he's softened a bit with age and distance. In interviews during the Exile re-release, he did speak about that time in a different light: talking about he had a house in Nice, that he had just gotten married and it was pleasant etc...he'll never be specific, vague as ever, but that's probably all we're going to get from Mick. You know I could theorize on this ad-nauseum...so I'll stop and just enjoy the pics!

I have read that she had quite a temper - ripping up his silk shirts with his teeth. From everything else I have read, their marriage was a continual power struggle, with his serial infidelities and her disparagement of his milieu and work. His anger at the end was almost certainly due to her fierce determination to get a decent settlement, despite having signed a prenup. She ended up with a million dollars, and I do not know if she had to pay the legal fees - Marvin Mitchellson, a very famous litigator.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 16, 2012 21:45

hbwriter
stupidguy2
hbwriter

And cruel to tease...lol

So HB...was Hannah Honey actually a peachy kind of girl?

Date: February 16, 2012 22:23

Yeah, that's the song i was thinking too. HB, you started it.
Except I was wondering if Annie Leibowitz knows about your friend, cos Annie thinks its about her.....lol

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home