Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 26
Re: Keith Richards at Hubert Sumlin Memorial Concert NYC Feb 24
Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: February 25, 2012 13:34

he´s a bit fat, but anyway, he´s ok imo, so no problem for the future, except if the stones would tour. as a solo bluesplayer, he can get along with this...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 25, 2012 13:34

He sure can sing!!!! what a voice!!
Bring in Mick Taylor and jeff beck, !!!
jeroen

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 25, 2012 13:37

KRiffhard
maybe by the Riffmaster is expected ...

it's Keith, so what i expect is music

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: February 25, 2012 13:47

Please visit www.Dreamtime.tv where I posted the video above. The second one will be public shortly.

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 14:03 by DREAMTIME.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 25, 2012 13:48

with sssoul
KRiffhard

it's Keith, so ... hey

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 25, 2012 14:10

Rolling Hansie
with sssoul
KRiffhard

it's Keith, so ... hey

I know Rolling Hansie, it's Keith. It's the Riffmaster.
I wonder why we should rejoice if he still has a decent voice when it seems clear that he has serious problems to play guitar?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 25, 2012 14:11

I'm not a doctor so please don't take this a defnitive diagnosis but based on my own experience and the way Keith kept moving his arm back from the guitar neck in Little red rooster it looks (to me at least) like he's got a bad case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome....... [en.wikipedia.org] ....(my case was mild ie throwing my left arm back two or three times an hour and did get better) ...the way he's moving his arm there looks pretty severe to me (and painful)....as I say though I'm not a doctor so it could be something else and of course something I've never even heard of...............whatever the facts imo it doesn't look good though vis-a-vis a tour of any long duration.....unless they bring in someone else to take the load and Keith just stands around hits the strings now and then and takes his due applause and cheers for all the previous years...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 14:26 by EddieByword.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: February 25, 2012 14:13

I have a stones friend doctor. he says: keith doesn´t looks well.

But let´s see.

Thanl for post the videos and reviews.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 25, 2012 14:17

DREAMTIME
Please visit www.Dreamtime.tv where I posted the video above. The second one will be public shortly.

[youtu.be]

He is great, sings great, plays as much guitar as on a regular consert where he is the lead singer. It was a memorial consert for Sumlin, so people don't expect him to play Start Me Up, right?

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: February 25, 2012 14:38

The new Keith is ok for me. He can play blues, sing blues and do amazing blues gigs.

I am not sure if he can back to be a Rolling Stone and play Start me Up and JJF for 70.000 persons in a big stadium. Or if he can do a big tour with the Stones.

But I am sure Keith can work and he can play a amazing music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 14:39 by carlostones10.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: February 25, 2012 14:45

DREAMTIME

[youtu.be]

Thanks for the video. Keith sounds WONDERFUL!! Nice guitar playing as well.grinning smiley

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 25, 2012 14:46

with sssoul
and from the same source: "I have never heard Keith's voice sound better -
he nailed his vocals from beginning to the end of his set."

Agreed with this comment and that was also part of my point in my previous comment.
How could we imagine the STONES touring , with Mick who seems to have lost most of his voice and his breathin' and Keith who could hardly play guitar ...
Their effort is much appreciated, but touring ??? no kidding...

HMN

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 25, 2012 15:03

Whatever his limitations may be these days (and frankly, we don't know and I'm not about to start speculating) Keith is up there on stage producing music that's worth listening to with whatever resources he still has. My goodness, I do hope there was someone else there whose video battery didn't get too lazy to crow halfway through that beautifully minimalist Little Red Rooster - I want to hear the rest of it.

Date: February 25, 2012 15:09

I encountered problems with the 2nd Keith video doing Spoonful with Eric and had to start upload again. No later than 10am EST (NYC)

Sorry for the inconvience.

I did speak to some people from the Stones camp who believe there will be a tour.

I also spoke with John McEnroe who attended the show and tried to bait him but he seems to be on medication and mellow?

Many of the rich white people in the orchestra ($1000 a ticket) left before Keith made his entrance. I guess they wanted to get out of the neighborhood before midnight!

Date: February 25, 2012 15:13

KRiffhard
I wonder why we should rejoice

I am not telling you what to do smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: February 25, 2012 15:15

EddieByword
it could be something else

Excellent diagnosis smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: February 25, 2012 15:17

Rolling Hansie
EddieByword
it could be something else

Excellent diagnosis smiling smiley

OK you got me.............smileys with beer ...edit lol...that's still making me laugh...........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 15:30 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 25, 2012 15:19

Keith sang really beautifully, I am looking forward to Spoonful. He didn't do much of guitar playing, but I would not make any conclusions out of it. Thanks for the pics and videos, it must have been a wonderful evening.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 25, 2012 15:21

EddieByword
I'm not a doctor so please don't take this a defnitive diagnosis but based on my own experience and the way Keith kept moving his arm back from the guitar neck in Little red rooster it looks (to me at least) like he's got a bad case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome....... [en.wikipedia.org] ....(my case was mild ie throwing my left arm back two or three times an hour and did get better) ...the way he's moving his arm there looks pretty severe to me (and painful)....as I say though I'm not a doctor so it could be something else and of course something I've never even heard of...............whatever the facts imo it doesn't look good though vis-a-vis a tour of any long duration.....unless they bring in someone else to take the load and Keith just stands around hits the strings now and then and takes his due applause and cheers for all the previous years...

It's one of his poses. If you've seen the Stones live or on video in the last 20 years, you must've caught it at least once.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: February 25, 2012 15:28

JumpingKentFlash
EddieByword

It's one of his poses. If you've seen the Stones live or on video in the last 20 years, you must've caught it at least once.

Yeah, as I said on the other thread I had of course noticed his extravagant throwbacks on the big songs..JJF, B. sugar etc but never the quiet ones (and not so often)..I remember to check it next time I watch a DVD.........

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 25, 2012 15:59

Even if Keith couldn't play a single note, he could still tour with the Stones. Look at Brian Wilson. He sits all night at a keyboard that he never actually touches. His band covers for him.

Date: February 25, 2012 16:04

NEW VIDEO IS UP!!

PLEASE IGNORE EXTRA BLANK FOOTAGE UNTIL EDITING KICKS IN!!

www.DREAMTIME.tv

Date: February 25, 2012 16:08

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="

?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="

?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL - IT'S FREE!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 16:23 by DREAMTIME.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 25, 2012 16:21

Poor, very poor performance

Posted by: bam ()
Date: February 25, 2012 16:26

I was at the show. Keith looked well and was having fun. Slide guitar playing was sweet, but not complicated. Electric guitar playing was minimal. He was the only one on stage who didn't play the riff from smokestack lightening. He just played a few notes and posed a little. No. Sign he could play guitar for the r.s.

Clapton had an off night, too, except for the first song. Stars were buddy Guy, shemekia Copeland, and Lonnie and Ronnie baker brooks.

More tomorrow from a real computer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 16:29 by bam.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: February 25, 2012 16:29

JumpingKentFlash
EddieByword

Exactly. One of his poses at least since 1981.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: February 25, 2012 16:29

Not bad - I think Keith sings Spoonful really well, in fact the older he gets the lower and dirtier the voice becomes and it sounds better and better for blues. I know it´s a trendy thing to bash Keith on this forum, but negative whining about everything that Keith does speaks volumes about the you the " fans" ...hahah.

What did you expect - high energy rock n roll at a blues concert, or something "new" when they are celebrating songs written in the 40´s - and 50´s old blues classics, - yeah, what did you expect Disco or Punk -- this is blues concert and those guys did fine version of Spoonful, it´s a standard song and they did it in a traditional standard way...because that´s how Hubert Sumlin did it. You would know that if you could take your head up from your ass and have some respect for both Hubert and Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 16:32 by seitan.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 25, 2012 16:40

Maybe Keith Richards is too laaaazy to tour this year.

Date: February 25, 2012 16:41

When I was 17 and attending Kent State (1973) I got my blues introduction at a joint down by the tracks called the Kent Kove which was on the blues circuit of all the blues musicians like Luther Allison, Freddie King and my favorite, Hound Dog Taylor. He used to say to me "Larry, I got to have my coffee, please get me my coffee!" (whiskey of course)

it seems most people here who are bashing Keith don't really know the sound of original blues music. it's not a rock spectacle!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 25, 2012 16:45

seitan
Not bad - I think Keith sings Spoonful really well, in fact the older he gets the lower and dirtier the voice becomes and it sounds better and better for blues. I know it´s a trendy thing to bash Keith on this forum, but negative whining about everything that Keith does speaks volumes about the you the " fans" ...hahah.

What did you expect - high energy rock n roll at a blues concert, or something "new" when they are celebrating songs written in the 40´s - and 50´s old blues classics, - yeah, what did you expect Disco or Punk -- this is blues concert and those guys did fine version of Spoonful, it´s a standard song and they did it in a traditional standard way...because that´s how Hubert Sumlin did it. You would know that if you could take your head up from your ass and have some respect for both Hubert and Keith.
thumbs up - Exactly a blues memorial consert, not a stadium rock consert

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1682
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home