Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

please release the dvd Stones aux abattoirs 1976 Paris
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 28, 2012 12:02

Is this an option for the next release
The Stones aux abattoirs 1976 Paris. and maybe also the video shoots for the Black and Blue songs.
I remember slightly, these videoshoots of the Black n Blue songs were great.
Keef and Ronnie completely wasted.
Oh my God, just wondering what kind of posts this will get.
bye
jeroen

Re: please release the dvd Stones aux abattoirs 1976 Paris
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: January 28, 2012 12:12

corriecas
Keef and Ronnie completely wasted.

Hadn't Keith's child died that day?

And hadn't Keith nearly killed himself in a car crash from Stafford to London two weeks before (fell asleep at the wheel)?

Keith's life was almost at the peak of it's messiness (almost).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-28 12:13 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: January 28, 2012 13:35

Yep Keith and Anita lost their child the same day. I attended the 6June gig and Keith played out of his skin - he was brilliant. The sound in the venue was poor so it wasn't until I got the boots for this show that I realised what a great gig it was. A lot of people don't like that era and Billy Preston kinda took over a bit, but I'd be happy to see Aux Abbattoirs released and or Knebworth. It's true, Keith was at the peak of his drug usage but if you run a timeline of the best stones shows and records against Keiths drug use, you will see a definite correllation.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: January 28, 2012 13:46

A box set would be nice of all 4 nights that were filmed.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 28, 2012 16:59

Not my favourite era, but I like this film better than the one from LA '75.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 28, 2012 18:55

Please, no

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: January 28, 2012 19:44

please, yes

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: January 28, 2012 19:55

please please nooooooooo!!!!!!

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: January 28, 2012 20:17

Erik_Snow
Please, no

How can you say no to any show from the seventies? We aren't exactly spoiled with shows from this period...

Posted by: phd ()
Date: January 28, 2012 20:29

Please, no. Bad shows.

Date: January 29, 2012 01:18

Er... Clear evidence of overdubbing Micks vocal right at the end.

I thought it was the video and sound were out of sync, but I don't think so. Keith and Ron are in sync and Mick is occasionally.

Date: January 29, 2012 01:21

More specifically at 1:50

Total overdub.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 29, 2012 01:32

GravityBoy
More specifically at 1:50

Total overdub.

Not necessarily. Sounds like Billy Preston. Could be live.

Date: January 29, 2012 01:34

You're kidding.

It's Mick's voice.

2.20 - 100% Mick's voice, 100% Mick not singing into microphone.

Anyone want the dubbed version released.

I remember Mick on the Old Grey Whistle test saying LYL was not dubbed, they left in all Keith's wrong chords (JJF).

Ha.

Yeah Mick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-29 01:38 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: January 29, 2012 08:52

S.T.P
Erik_Snow
Please, no

How can you say no to any show from the seventies? We aren't exactly spoiled with shows from this period...
yes, good point !

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 29, 2012 10:14

jpasc95
S.T.P
Erik_Snow
Please, no

yes, good point !

Because saying yes to one show, bascially means saying no to another; as there's a limit in how much they will release on that Eagle Vision label. And we alllready have about 3 hours of Paris 1976 footage in very good quality, from unofficial sources.

But of course...I wouldn't mind a Paris 1976 release; it's just that I rather see something else surface, that's all.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 29, 2012 12:01

I know we don't have any official DVD releases from 1976 but my concern is that the Stones reputation as a powerful live act could be tarnished by the release of mediocre shows like Aux Abbatoirs. It will only take a couple of one and two star reviews in the rock press for the rot to set in. There are likely to be unreleased shows that have never surfaced as boots in their archive and I would prefer to wait for a real gem to be released. I can live without Paris and Knebworth on my shelf.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 29, 2012 13:39

Father Ted
I know we don't have any official DVD releases from 1976 but my concern is that the Stones reputation as a powerful live act could be tarnished by the release of mediocre shows like Aux Abbatoirs. It will only take a couple of one and two star reviews in the rock press for the rot to set in. There are likely to be unreleased shows that have never surfaced as boots in their archive and I would prefer to wait for a real gem to be released. I can live without Paris and Knebworth on my shelf.

I can see your point but I think releasing Hyde Park or Rock & Roll Circus didn't harm at all to their reputation. Especially considering the latter I can't recall any bad review about it. The reaction was more like: how on earth they didn't release this stuff at the time, and the well-known fact that is wasn't considred good enough sounded like a joke.. And still, we know that the band was not very hot at all then.

Of course, I hope they would have some hotter show in film/video from 1975/76 in the can but I still think that we hardcore fans are a bit too much used to having Aux Abottoirs available and it has somehow agreed on being a mediocre show. But I believe that if it is cleaned up as good as possible it will surprise not only the rock critics but us as well. It still represents a strong smelling version of the band, the real thing (contra to Disney version since 1989) and for that reminder it will be hurrayed by the critics. They haven't seen it probably ever. We are spoiled in that sense. I think with MARQUEE '71 it will be the same.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-29 14:20 by Doxa.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 29, 2012 13:47

I agree with Doxa! I don't think a mediocre performance would hamper the bands so called legacy. Had it been released alongside Love You Live, sure it probably had magnified the Stones mid-70's stuff at the cost of the Taylor-years (just like The Song Remains The Same movie probably made Led Zeppelin seem even more like pompous dinosaurs to a bigger public). But today, the critics would give the release decent reviews, the hardcore fans would buy it and the Stones discography would be more complete.

As for Eriks comment about limited numbers of releases ... sure, Eagle and UMG have limited contracts and plans, but if we are patient and live long enough we'll surely see more releases, I think. The next record company would take over and milk the cow as much as they can.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 29, 2012 17:43

GravityBoy

I thought it was the video and sound were out of sync, but I don't think so. Keith and Ron are in sync and Mick is occasionally.

No its out of sync, its not supposed to look lie that. Yes I want a perfect 1975 dvd and a perfect 1976 dvd. Not the same tour though.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 29, 2012 17:48

GravityBoy
You're kidding.

It's Mick's voice.

2.20 - 100% Mick's voice, 100% Mick not singing into microphone.

Anyone want the dubbed version released.

I remember Mick on the Old Grey Whistle test saying LYL was not dubbed, they left in all Keith's wrong chords (JJF).

Ha.

Yeah Mick.

This is the LYL version -which has Jagger and Richards vocals overdubbed- over the Abbatoirs footage, which is also available with original vocals. And it's out of sync.

Mathijs

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: January 29, 2012 18:35

As there is a lot of Paris on LYL, - I'd like to know:
Is the new Love you live SACD release something to go for? Any audible difference to the former releases? Has anyone got that one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-29 18:36 by CousinC.

Date: January 29, 2012 22:02

Redhotcarpet
GravityBoy

No its out of sync, its not supposed to look lie that. Yes I want a perfect 1975 dvd and a perfect 1976 dvd. Not the same tour though.

Nope, it's dubbed.

For sure.

LYL is dubbed even though Mick said it wasn't on TV.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 25, 2012 05:27

I've got a mail today.

Disc 1(54:38)
1. Introduction 2. Honky Tonk Women 3. If You Can't Rock Me / Get Off My Cloud 4. Hand Of Fate
5. Hey Negrita 6. Ain't To Proud To Beg 7. Fool To Cry 8. Hot Stuff 9. Star Star
10. You Gotta Move 11. Angie 12. You Can't Always Get What You Want

Disc 2(42:42)
1. Band Introductions 2. Happy 3. Tumbling Dice 4. Nothing For Nothing 5. Outta Space
6. Midnight Rambler 7. It's Only Rock'n Roll 8. Brown Sugar 9. Jumping Jack Flash
10. Street Fighting Man

THE ROLLING STONES - AUX ABATTOIRS Japanese Broadcast Version(Bonus DVDR)
Live at Les Abattoirs, Paris, France 6th & 7th June 1976 PRO-SHOT
1. Interview 2. Honky Tonk Women 3. Hand Of Fate 4. Fool To Cry 5. Hot Stuff 6. Star Star
7. You Gotta Move 8. You Can't Always Get What You Want 9. Band Introduction 10. Happy
11. Outta Space 12. Jumping Jack Flash 13. Street Fighting Man 14. Outroduction

PRO-SHOT COLOUR NTSC Approx.59min.
Bonus DVDR includes in the initial release of PAVILLON DE PARIS DAY 1.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 25, 2012 07:37

I think the Stones should let the complete show concept go and cherry pick the best video performances from 75/76. The only real difference in the shows is a couple numbers from Black and Blue in 76.

And of course a complete DVD collection of all their promo films.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 25, 2012 13:35

Father Ted

The more stuff they release anyway, the more certain thats going to happen. I wouldnt worry about it.

I think it's easy to forget the fact that in all probability that aren't very many shows from the 60s and 70s that were professionally filmed to begin with.

If you want them to release a visual document of a show from 1975-76, then outside of that one LA show and the Paris shows there's unlikely to be very much, if anything. (The circulating footage of Knebworth wasnt filmed by the Stones but exists as a raw news footage recording made for a BBC news clip - and there's only aboyt 55 minutes of it in their vaults).

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: March 25, 2012 17:51

Toru A
I've got a mail today.

THE ROLLING STONES - AUX ABATTOIRS Japanese Broadcast Version(Bonus DVDR)
Live at Les Abattoirs, Paris, France 6th & 7th June 1976 PRO-SHOT
1. Interview 2. Honky Tonk Women 3. Hand Of Fate 4. Fool To Cry 5. Hot Stuff 6. Star Star
7. You Gotta Move 8. You Can't Always Get What You Want 9. Band Introduction 10. Happy
11. Outta Space 12. Jumping Jack Flash 13. Street Fighting Man 14. Outroduction

PRO-SHOT COLOUR NTSC Approx.59min.
Bonus DVDR includes in the initial release of PAVILLON DE PARIS DAY 1.

Where can I get a copy of that DVD (Code free or Region 2)

I once had the TV broadcast on VHS. I liked it most because Keith with his original Zemaitis Macabre guitar was pretty prominent in that cast.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2482
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home