Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick n Keith - When was the first feud?
Posted by: bam ()
Date: January 23, 2012 22:33

I remember Mick telling me that the fight started when he and Keith were in day care together and were both reaching for the same toy.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 23, 2012 22:36

scottkeef
I always read where Marianne slept with Mick, Keith and Brian before hooking up with Mick but maybe I read a buncha bs...

She says in her book that before she hooked up with Mick, she and Keith did bonk, but Brian only fondled her tits.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 23, 2012 22:37

His Majesty
scottkeef
I always read where Marianne slept with Mick, Keith and Brian before hooking up with Mick but maybe I read a buncha bs...

She says in her book that before she hooked up with Mick, she and Keith did bonk, but Brian only fondled her tits.

Well, Brian went straight for the gold then.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: January 24, 2012 00:53

proudmary
stonesdan60
KeithNacho
I think everything begun during Nellcote and after MJ marriage with Bianca. The relationship between Mick and Keith begun to get cold and more distant.

True; Keith resented Mick's frequent leaving the Exile sessions to be with Bianca as well as Mick's becoming more of a jet-setting socialite while Keith remained a down and dirty rocker. Then, when Keith was finally off heroin and wanted more involvement in band decisions and such, he thought Mick would appreciate his help. Mick is said to have wished Keith had stayed a junkie so he would lay back and let Mick retain as much control over the Stones as possible. Keith was rather hurt that Mick didn't want to share the running of the band.

Enough to repeat old myths. Read their interviews around 2010 re-issue of Exile and you can see what and how it really was. Mick lived with Bianca in a rented house near Nellcote and he was absent not at the actual sessions but during ongoing drug party in KR's house.
Bianca gave birth in October and only then Jagger had gone to Paris. In fact at this time they have already stopped recording, the clouds began to thicken over Nellcote due to Richard's excessive involvement with drug dealers in southern France. And this attracted the attention of police to the Stones. They left France in November.
Come on, all that crap about "Jagger was jet-setting socialite" and Richards was "down and dirty rocker"
Richards was primarily a junkie, who more and more sank into his addiction. He could not and would not communicate with his peers - other musicians, the artists, the actors. His circle of communication were dealers and hangers-on. Let's say not the most creatively stimulating company.
It is really not surprising that Mick preferred to hang with Andy Warhol, Jack Nicholson, Eric Clapton and David Bowie, - you call them "jet-set", I'll call them creative elite of the time.

Agreed. The romanticisation of Keith's smack addiction leads to some appalling revisionism on this board and elsewhere, not least by the Richards' PR team. Smack destroys relationship and careers. It destroyed and distorted most of Keiths', including that with Mick, and nearly the band. Both Glimmers slept with each other's women without incident; Keith cared more and perhaps still does about his addictions than any other relationship.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 24, 2012 02:25

early 80s when keith tried to get back in there and help out mick after he got off the junk and mick wasnt to pleased at least thats what keith said

Posted by: mikeeder ()
Date: January 24, 2012 10:17

His Majesty
scottkeef

I always did like Brian best lol!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 24, 2012 10:57

proudmary
stonesdan60
KeithNacho
I think everything begun during Nellcote and after MJ marriage with Bianca. The relationship between Mick and Keith begun to get cold and more distant.

True; Keith resented Mick's frequent leaving the Exile sessions to be with Bianca as well as Mick's becoming more of a jet-setting socialite while Keith remained a down and dirty rocker. Then, when Keith was finally off heroin and wanted more involvement in band decisions and such, he thought Mick would appreciate his help. Mick is said to have wished Keith had stayed a junkie so he would lay back and let Mick retain as much control over the Stones as possible. Keith was rather hurt that Mick didn't want to share the running of the band.

Enough to repeat old myths. Read their interviews around 2010 re-issue of Exile and you can see what and how it really was. Mick lived with Bianca in a rented house near Nellcote and he was absent not at the actual sessions but during ongoing drug party in KR's house.
Bianca gave birth in October and only then Jagger had gone to Paris. In fact at this time they have already stopped recording, the clouds began to thicken over Nellcote due to Richard's excessive involvement with drug dealers in southern France. And this attracted the attention of police to the Stones. They left France in November.
Come on, all that crap about "Jagger was jet-setting socialite" and Richards was "down and dirty rocker"
Richards was primarily a junkie, who more and more sank into his addiction. He could not and would not communicate with his peers - other musicians, the artists, the actors. His circle of communication were dealers and hangers-on. Let's say not the most creatively stimulating company.
It is really not surprising that Mick preferred to hang with Andy Warhol, Jack Nicholson, Eric Clapton and David Bowie, - you call them "jet-set", I'll call them creative elite of the time.

I would have to agree with this, that Keith's plunge into addiction alienated him from Mick. This is not to say that Mick didn't use drugs in the 70s, or that he didn't have addictions of his own; he would have qualified as a sex addict by any criteria, til he hooked up with L'Wren, and there have been no further reports of liaisons with other women. Put yourself in Mick's shoes - he was driven to success from an early age, according to his brother. What must it be like to have a heroin addict (who has the resources to continue indefinitely) for your creative and business partner, on whom your continuing success depends? Someone who is not only unavailable for work, but who is a source of danger due to his illegal activities. And then the heroin addiction morphs into alcoholism. No wonder Mick kept trying to escape from the RS! Read the Bill Wyman article in Slate for some insight into this.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: January 24, 2012 11:27

Bliss
No wonder Mick kept trying to escape from the RS!

And then, boys and girls, just as Mick Jagger at long last perfects a sure-fire
escape plan from the Rolling Stones, known as the SuperHeavy plan, what does
Mick Jagger do? He destroys it! Mick Jagger destroys the SuperHeavy plan in order
to keep himself enslaved to whatever is left of the Rolling Stones and their memory
for the rest of his life!

Hmm, I think I read about this kind of thing in my Greek Mythology class...

Or was it in my Marketing class? Or perhaps Psych 101?

Whichever one had the prof who always liked to quote old Bill Burroughs:

"Nothing is true, and everything is permitted."

Date: January 24, 2012 14:05

I dont think Keith gave a damn about if Mick screwed other chicks in the 70s. It has more to do with knowing Anita wanted to do Mick in 1968, and did him. Besides Mick did a lot of drugs but maybe never got really hooked like Keith. That and Micks ego probably became too much.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: January 24, 2012 14:27

Redhotcarpet
I dont think Keith gave a damn about if Mick screwed other chicks in the 70s. It has more to do with knowing Anita wanted to do Mick in 1968, and did him. Besides Mick did a lot of drugs but maybe never got really hooked like Keith. That and Micks ego probably became too much.

Mick's ego? What about Keith's?? He's got the biggest ego of all

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: January 24, 2012 14:35

His Majesty

Brian only fondled her tits.

Wait, I want more information on this. Inside the shirt or out? Did he get her bra off with one hand? Did he squeeze them both at the same time and say "Honk honk"?

Date: January 24, 2012 14:48

TrulyMicks
Redhotcarpet

Yes but that is not a problem, not for Keith.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: January 24, 2012 15:01

Redhotcarpet
TrulyMicks
Redhotcarpet

Yes but that is not a problem, not for Keith.

In the long run it is. If other people have problems with his ego, eventually it's his problem. Maybe it's Keith's ego that became too much.

Date: January 24, 2012 15:06

Both have enormous egos. That's why they are "superstars".

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 24, 2012 16:08

First feud? 1963 : Keith refused to have sex with Mick n their London flat/slum.

So it goes a looong way!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 24, 2012 16:27

When Mick told keith to go dream up some more "Satisfactions".

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1323
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home