Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
lots of pics
Posted by: cooheid ()
Date: March 11, 2012 00:50

lots of pics through the years here....

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Re: lots of pics
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 11, 2012 00:54

smiling smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 11, 2012 01:17

Eleventh picture down, "Bill" on bass. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 11, 2012 01:20

....I fink I saw a putty cat ...

ROCKMAN

Date: March 11, 2012 01:25

smiling smiley .

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: March 11, 2012 01:43

Edith Grove
Eleventh picture down, "Bill" on bass. eye rolling smiley
You know, until now I never realised that Bill looks alot like Keith. The things one learns here!

Date: March 11, 2012 02:25

smiling smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 13, 2012 12:57

Awesome photos !Some I had never seen .smiling smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 13, 2012 15:23

Keith in Redlands, West Sussex 31...was this his own backyard?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 13, 2012 15:46

Thanks for sharing. Cool pics, but silly captions.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: March 13, 2012 17:49

Thanks for the link.

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: March 13, 2012 18:49

Good pics, many never saw before, maybe all.

Captions were cool,whoever added them knows the Stones.

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Re: New book - The Rolling Stones 50
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 13, 2012 21:45

the captions are a mess! but yes, that 1973 Redlands photo was Keith's yard - after a major fire in the house

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: March 14, 2012 09:56

Hey!

why didn't somebody tell me?

On March 2, the Stones announced this as the logo for their 50th book:

Whereas I had posted it on IORR as the out-of-focus-so-unclear-nothing-
is-revealed logo for the 50th on Feb 8!

Yay me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-14 14:45 by superrevvy.

Date: March 14, 2012 10:29

the good thing about the stones version is that you can use it as a pattern
for cross-stitching or embroidery, whereas mine you can't

Date: March 15, 2012 01:04

jamesfdouglas
It seems like this is basically "According to The Rolling Stones" but including the last 10 years? Which is a whopping 1 album and really long tour already documented? What could possiblly be new in it??

The book is coming out before the '50th' anniversary? Haven't seen a release date. So it's been done for a while - before '50' years.

Isn't that a bit odd?

I get the idea but...if it comes out before July 11th, 2012, it hasn't been a full 50 years... a bit of a stretch. Eventually it'll be 50 years. Watch the last 30 pages be devoted to the Exile and Some Girls reissues.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 15, 2012 01:42

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
jamesfdouglas
It seems like this is basically "According to The Rolling Stones" but including the last 10 years? Which is a whopping 1 album and really long tour already documented? What could possiblly be new in it??

The book is coming out before the '50th' anniversary? Haven't seen a release date. So it's been done for a while - before '50' years.

Isn't that a bit odd?

I get the idea but...if it comes out before July 11th, 2012, it hasn't been a full 50 years... a bit of a stretch. Eventually it'll be 50 years. Watch the last 30 pages be devoted to the Exile and Some Girls reissues.

I think the publishers are wisely thinking that there will be nothing of importance that happens in the intervening period. but still a gamble to be sure.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 16, 2012 12:00

How can you prepare a book for publication with out a period between preparation and release?

Do you think they can sort photos, print, bind and get it to the shops all on 12th July? It was probably all done by the middle of last year. May be the last page is saved for the last minute for an up to date photo.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 16, 2012 19:31

Wonderful shots , wow. just great. Any one of them could have made it's own thread here really. I need time to digest these. Excellent. peace

Date: March 18, 2012 17:42

That cover is quite bland. A knitting logo?

Ehhhh, whhhaaarrrrrggghhh?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 18, 2012 18:46

Yes. A knitting pattern, because after all most of those girls who screamed in 1962 are grannies now. There will be a knit-your-own-Rolling-Stones pattern inside the book.

They're STILL copying the Beatles!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 18, 2012 20:39

And now they will have to change the 50 to a 49 due to the latest news. Or are the books already printed?

Date: March 19, 2012 04:33

treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
jamesfdouglas

Isn't that a bit odd?

I think the publishers are wisely thinking that there will be nothing of importance that happens in the intervening period. but still a gamble to be sure.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. This one has been sitting with me and I've laughed more and more each time I've read it. You are correct, sir - NOTHING OF IMPORTANCE has happened! Although a bit frustrating I did enjoy the extra discs with Exile and Some Girls but, unfortunatley, they don't really equal being something of importance, since they left some pretty good tunes off.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 19, 2012 05:20

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
jamesfdouglas

Isn't that a bit odd?

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. This one has been sitting with me and I've laughed more and more each time I've read it. You are correct, sir - NOTHING OF IMPORTANCE has happened! Although a bit frustrating I did enjoy the extra discs with Exile and Some Girls but, unfortunatley, they don't really equal being something of importance, since they left some pretty good tunes off.

I think they were questioning the release of a book 'prior to' July 12, 2012, when in fact we now understand that is the release date.

Which is not to say, that we know when they actually stopped 'adding' new material ie writing the book.

I presume it is already written right now...perhaps they would have included all the 'new material' you've enjoyed so much, but probably won't be able to 'include' mention of the actual new 'downloads' that should be available in the next several months.

Don't worry Skippy, they can add extra shit in the second edition of it!

Date: March 19, 2012 07:20

You are a funny one Treac!

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: March 23, 2012 14:08

cooheid
lots of pics through the years here....

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Fine photos!

The stones policy towards photographers obviously changed in the beginning of the 70's, but I hope the book will contain a fair amount of photos from the seventies too.
Several great photobooks with material from the 60's have been published the last decade. Bent Rej, Gared Mankowitz, Bob Bonis Archive etc. Which of course is good. But it would be nice if more material from the 70's were published. In the jubilee-book and seperately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-24 15:08 by GetYerAngie.

Date: March 24, 2012 12:17

apparently life magazine will have a stones 50th book too, with a claimed
publishing date of May 15, 2012

[www.amazon.co.jp]

Date: March 24, 2012 19:11

more great early photos, even if there are quite a few inaccuracies in the text
and captions:

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Date: March 25, 2012 12:04

More books with obvious titles coming soon:

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 27, 2012 12:21

delete.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home