Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Which one is better, Tattoo You or Some Girls?
Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 21, 2015 18:04

I like them a lot but I listen to more TY than SG

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 21, 2015 18:13

Some Girls is more a Stones sounding record then Tattoo You but because of "Lies" my vote goes to Tattoo You...man I love "Down In The Hole" confused smiley just checked out the songs of Tattoo You confused smiley it's not on this one but on Emotional Rescue grinning smiley so my vote goes to Some Girls...............
Anybody knows a song that they should use instead of lies witch would make this record superior.............................

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 21, 2015 21:17

To me, Some Girls is the better album - it's nastier.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 21, 2015 23:17

NICOS
Some Girls is more a Stones sounding record then Tattoo You but because of "Lies" my vote goes to Tattoo You...man I love "Down In The Hole" confused smiley just checked out the songs of Tattoo You confused smiley it's not on this one but on Emotional Rescue grinning smiley so my vote goes to Some Girls...............
Anybody knows a song that they should use instead of lies witch would make this record superior.............................

and just so you know, Sympathy For The Devil isn't on any of these albums either.

Date: June 22, 2015 00:21

Love Lies! The Stones at their best thumbs up

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 22, 2015 01:57

DandelionPowderman

I thought we were friends............

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 22, 2015 03:17

So much confusion about the excellence of TATTOO YOU...

Date: June 22, 2015 08:36

NICOS
DandelionPowderman

I thought we were friends............

Those guitars, man... And Charlie... Bill... Mick fv cking Jagger!

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: June 22, 2015 10:50

Tattoo You is better, because it has Slave and the B-side.
Some Girls is very good, but unfortunately, it has Faraway Eyes and Lies.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 10:58

i prefer some girls, it is more "stones", but the best song is "slave" . i wonder why they don't play it live, it would be a killer song.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 22, 2015 19:18

GasLightStreet
So much confusion about the excellence of TATTOO YOU...

Seems as though the only thing people can really slag about it, is that the song selection stretch over an 8 year period.

Given that the sound is so good by Clearmountain, and the song selection is so damn good, I think that is a very weak complaint.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 23, 2015 13:51

tattoo you..

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 23, 2015 14:34

Whatever one I am listening to. Love them both and listen to both of them every morning.

JMI SG now.

Thanks.

Tim

Date: June 26, 2015 20:29

I hardly listen to SOME GIRLS. Although I like the album there's something about it that's slightly irritating: the sound. Some songs rise above it, like Lies, Miss You, Shattered and Faraway Eyes, they sound good, but the rest of it is very tinny, bright and too clean.

Of all Stones LPs I listen to TATTOO YOU the most.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 20:30

Tattoo You is a compilation album, hard to compare the two.

Date: June 26, 2015 20:40

Is BOB, Whip and BTMMR tinny??

Date: June 26, 2015 20:44

DandelionPowderman
Is BOB, Whip and BTMMR tinny??

Thin. And bright.

Date: June 26, 2015 20:51

Turner68

Well, technically, when you say compilation album that implies previously released tracks on an album, like MADE IN THE SHADE.

But in the strict definition of compilation all albums are compilations, since it means a group of things (such as songs or pieces of writing) that have been gathered into a collection.

Date: June 26, 2015 22:15

Listen to the SOME GIRLS tracks on TATTOO YOU (Black Limousine, Start Me Up, Hang Fire, Little T&A) and compare them to how SOME GIRLS sounds. Amazingly different - and better.

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: June 26, 2015 22:27

Some girls for medrinking smiley

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: June 26, 2015 22:38

Turner68

This again? If I ran the board this would call for 2 week ban. Its not hard to compare at all, not one single but.

Which is the better album in your opinion. Its really simple.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 22:39

Some Girls, Easy

Date: June 28, 2015 00:26

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 28, 2015 02:58

LeonidP
Some Girls ... by far. And the Some Girls track is one of their all-time greats, imo.

I agree with you ... not even close. Tattoo You has great moments ... Start Me Up, Slave, Black Limo, Worried About You. But Some Girls is entirely great! Songs like Some Girls, Shattered, Beast, Respectable, Lies, Miss You blow away anything on TY.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 28, 2015 03:09

Both Great, the nod goes to Some Girls. It best captures the last real creative burst from the band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 03:10 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 28, 2015 03:11

Let me say this. Side 2 of TY has a great maturity to it. if the stones could do an album like this, i would be thrilled. at 71 yrs old, its time to stop singing about "cocks"
Mick has to stop trying to sound trendy with lyrics. a song lyrically like " rough justice" is a little freaky coming from an elderly man. just saying.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 03:14

GasLightStreet
Turner68

Well, technically, when you say compilation album that implies previously released tracks on an album, like MADE IN THE SHADE.

But in the strict definition of compilation all albums are compilations, since it means a group of things (such as songs or pieces of writing) that have been gathered into a collection.

They were previously released on bootlegs... Does that qualify?

I can say definitely that some girls has the best cover art out of tattoo you, made in the shade and some girls. I would put made in the shade 2nd.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 28, 2015 03:19

LeonidP
LeonidP
Some Girls ... by far. And the Some Girls track is one of their all-time greats, imo.

I agree with you ... not even close. Tattoo You has great moments ... Start Me Up, Slave, Black Limo, Worried About You. But Some Girls is entirely great! Songs like Some Girls, Shattered, Beast, Respectable, Lies, Miss You blow away anything on TY.

I agree with (both of?) you on this. Those songs on Some Girls are monsters. It really was their best since Exile.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 28, 2015 03:25

LeonidP
LeonidP

Had to correct a small error on your post that suggested Lies was a good song... and I don't know if you noticed but you quoted your own post. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 03:26

Some Girls was a concentrated artistic statement. New material with the band playing it to the hilt. A collaborative creative endeavor, from the artwork, backing vocals, to the production. The songs were an explosion of creativity, which came seemingly out of nowhere. New York oozes out of the pores of Some Girls. With slashing guitars, biting lyrics, gallows humor, and some of Jagger's strongest vocals.
Tattoo You is good, but it is a hodgepodge of older songs, with a few newer songs thrown in. Jagger was steering this ship, and not a lot of collaboration like Some Girls. And the production is too bright, and crisp. There are some great songs on TTY, but Some Girls is a far more cohesive statement of rock n' roll.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home