Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Can Keith Turn Back The Clock To 2003?
Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: October 9, 2011 06:48

Seems to me that many think Keith's guitar skills declined significantly between the Licks tour and ABB; especially the second leg of ABB. Taking his head injury into account; do you think he can get back to the form he showed in 2002 and 2003 in 2012 and 2013?

Re: Can Keith Turn Back The Clock To 2003?
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: October 9, 2011 11:08

Nope

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 9, 2011 11:12

2003!!!! ....heck it's hard enough screwin' it back an hour at the end of daylight savin'

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 9, 2011 11:19

Easy smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 9, 2011 11:19

If he could he'd probably be looking at getting the next starring role in Dr Who!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-09 12:07 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: October 9, 2011 11:53

To 2003? Why not to 1972?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 9, 2011 12:30

I have also wonder about Keith's abilities to play nowadays because we haven't seen him play on stage since 2007 or 2008. The last time he played live was with the Buddy Holly band the Crickets and it wasn't great. My hope is that Keith is rested and physically in good shape. I also hope that he has finally resumed playing his guitar. If Keith wants the Rolling Stones to play again I assume that he can still play otherwise why would he push Mick to get the band back on the road ?
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: October 9, 2011 13:05

Nobody can!

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 9, 2011 13:47

Let's him in peace. I think he knows better than us his ability playing guitar currently . He knows, I think, he is not able to jump on stage for a new tour. Music is all his life and he is sad to stop it like that. What can he do. If he really can't play, He could announce his retreat because of his disease. Nothing wrong with that and we could say thank to Keith at this time. The only one who won't accept this decision will be Mick but he is not the Rolling Stones, Mick could replace everybody in the group with others. Remember his first solo tour, it was already a rolling stones cloning band. In Mick's mind only...

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 9, 2011 13:48

thewatchman
Seems to me that many think Keith's guitar skills declined significantly between the Licks tour and ABB; especially the second leg of ABB. Taking his head injury into account; do you think he can get back to the form he showed in 2002 and 2003 in 2012 and 2013?

Sadly no. Licks was the last tour he played well.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 9, 2011 13:58

If I remember correctly, many moaned about his seemingly diminishing guitar skills on the Licks Tour. In hindsight, they were right. His performances were OK 2002-03, but a notch below the Bridges To Babylon performances.

Date: October 9, 2011 14:08

Big Al
If I remember correctly, many moaned about his seemingly diminishing guitar skills on the Licks Tour. In hindsight, they were right. His performances were OK 2002-03, but a notch below the Bridges To Babylon performances.

Yep, that´s right, which many people here don´t understand at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-09 14:09 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 9, 2011 14:25

aprilfool
Let's him in peace. I think he knows better than us his ability playing guitar currently . He knows, I think, he is not able to jump on stage for a new tour. Music is all his life and he is sad to stop it like that. What can he do. If he really can't play, He could announce his retreat because of his disease. Nothing wrong with that and we could say thank to Keith at this time. The only one who won't accept this decision will be Mick but he is not the Rolling Stones, Mick could replace everybody in the group with others. Remember his first solo tour, it was already a rolling stones cloning band. In Mick's mind only...

That wasn't a clone of the '81 band (or any other previous Stones)...that was a prototype for the '89 band.........

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: October 9, 2011 15:37

If I remember correct, the complaining was mostly about the guitarmix

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 9, 2011 15:59

steffiestones
To 2003? Why not to 1972?

we're gonna turn back the clock soon...but sadly only by an hour, not 39 years. but, if keith can manage the trick, i'm all in favor. that would bring me back to my youthful days of my 30's....

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 9, 2011 16:24

Maybe this is why Mick won't tour. He knows keith can't cut it.

Date: October 9, 2011 16:27

More Hot Rocks

yeah, but blondie can

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 9, 2011 16:45

"That wasn't a clone of the '81 band (or any other previous Stones)...that was a prototype for the '89 band........."

So true! (alas). I was recently enjoying a good chunk of the 81 SB tapes and I was amazed by the different levels on playing within a show. 3 songs would suck, then the band (= Keith) would wake up and the next three songs would be excellent. The Keith would doze again and you'd have three clunkers in a row. (The L.A. Oct. 9 comes to mind).
"Nowadays" (= since 1989) live shows have been much slicker and more boring too...

Date: October 9, 2011 17:05

Never said something about 81 tour. When I watch how Jimmy rip tries looking as Keith. Let me laugh, they are clones, bad clones but clones. But you're right when you says it was a prototype for Jagger. Since this solo tour, mick became a "ridiculous marionnette" on stage.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 9, 2011 17:05

More Hot Rocks
de

The only reason there is no tour (so far) next year is that MJ is making KR suffer for degrading he took in LIFE.

They probably will tour at some point, maybe in a limited way. Keith is arthritic and for what anyone else has opined, this does in fact get worse with age. So probably no clock turning back (would he even be able to open the clock face with those swollen mitts?)

They'll have Blondie, Mick Taylor, Jeff Beck, Wachtel or whomever else is seen to fit the bill, to cover Keith.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 9, 2011 17:22

I do not think that KR can still play a concert. He has not performed since 2007 and then his playing was very bad.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 9, 2011 17:44

JumpinJeppeFlash
thewatchman

LOL. Check out what people said back then. There was lots of whining there too. The thing with this board is that "On the last tour he was good, but now he sucks". Wonder if he'll get bashed next time around and praised for ABB?

JumpingKentFlash

Date: October 9, 2011 17:52

JumpingKentFlash
JumpinJeppeFlash
thewatchman

LOL. Check out what people said back then. There was lots of whining there too. The thing with this board is that "On the last tour he was good, but now he sucks". Wonder if he'll get bashed next time around and praised for ABB?

There wont be a next time, and he sucked on ABB. Last time he played well was Licks 2002-2003 and he played even better 97-99.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 9, 2011 18:44

thewatchman

I hope not. Can he turn back time to 1977? I wish he could. Or 1972. OK, at least 1979, ER sessions.

Date: October 9, 2011 19:14

JumpingKentFlash
JumpinJeppeFlash
thewatchman

there are varying degrees of suckiness, you know.

Date: October 9, 2011 19:15

Redhotcarpet
thewatchman

I hope not. Can he turn back time to 1977? I wish he could. Or 1972. OK, at least 1979, ER sessions.

where's peabody and the wayback machine when you need it? sigh.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 9, 2011 20:20

Shine A Light sounds good to me. Better than the 70's when Keith was too doped out of his mind to play well. Arthritis and brain damage are less damaging than massive amounts of heroin.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: October 9, 2011 20:36

Rolling Hansie
Easy smiling smiley

That's all I needed to hear! Straight from The Man himself! Time to close this thread!smoking smiley

Date: October 9, 2011 20:41

Send It To me
Shine A Light sounds good to me. Better than the 70's when Keith was too doped out of his mind to play well. Arthritis and brain damage are less damaging than massive amounts of heroin.
Keith under drugs has always been able to play and he played very well. the 70's was their best decade.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 9, 2011 20:45

aprilfool
Never said something about 81 tour. When I watch how Jimmy rip tries looking as Keith. Let me laugh, they are clones, bad clones but clones. But you're right when you says it was a prototype for Jagger. Since this solo tour, mick became a "ridiculous marionnette" on stage.

You said "In Mick's mind only..."....not Jimmy Rip's...oh well, put it down to lost in translation............cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-09 20:45 by EddieByword.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home