Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Can Mick Jagger Do The Miraculous One More Time?
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 11, 2011 10:50

Stones62
Edith Grove
Nothing miraculous about Jagger. Did you see the Grammy (or whatever) performance from not that long ago?

What would be (somewhat) miraculous is all four Stones coming together again and hitting the road for one last fling.
Mick was great during the Grammys. To my mind he is the greatest front man in the history off rock and roll. What would be miraculous is have the Stones play their final gigs as a cohesive, core band. No frills, no extra musicians. Just them. I'd start going to church again if that happened...

start going to church again if that happened.
On Sundays ? winking smiley

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 11, 2011 12:04

Mick knows exactly his abilities to present himself on stage as the best frontman and singer of the mostlikely best rockband in the world. Of course he will be limited in breathing and fitness, but if you watched him closely in the last tours you saw exactly how he replaced the all time run around football dressed sports guy into a modest dance part which allows him to sing and walk/dance and breathe.
As we all are Mick is not in an all time high mood and spirit when on stage as we are not at work. To concentrate on these max 2 hours and to be top notch in these minutes is an unbelievable hard work for which I admire him.
To receive attention on a stadium is hard hard work and Mick was one of the few who did a lot for the audience to celebrate and have fun for the two hours or so.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 11, 2011 12:24

69 has a sexy feel to it.Sure Mick can do it,unfortunately it's the all talk guitarist who wno't cut it...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 11, 2011 13:27

In the not too distant past...blokes were still working full shifts down the pit at 68 years old, having incurred infinately more wear & tear in those 68 years than even the hardest working musicians .

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 12, 2011 02:33

I think he can. I wish he would sand still and sing without the nasal tone though!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 12, 2011 03:15

slew
I think he can. I wish he would sand still and sing without the nasal tone though!

Keith can always try to replace him...I mean look at Queen...they are thinking of taking Gaga on the road with them....[www.nme.com]

grinning smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 12, 2011 03:34

Stones62
Edith Grove
Nothing miraculous about Jagger. Did you see the Grammy (or whatever) performance from not that long ago?

What would be (somewhat) miraculous is all four Stones coming together again and hitting the road for one last fling.
Mick was great during the Grammys. To my mind he is the greatest front man in the history off rock and roll. What would be miraculous is have the Stones play their final gigs as a cohesive, core band. No frills, no extra musicians. Just them. I'd start going to church again if that happened...

I'd be fine with Chuck on keys, if it were a real piano/rhodes/hammond. That way we'd have the piano part for Mick Taylor's solo on the final encore... Time Waits For No One.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 12, 2011 05:09

I'm sure he can.

He'll have to pace himself more for his singing than anything, but as far as physical fitness and working a big stage, he'll be just fine. The man is a consummate entertainer and professional.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 12, 2011 05:33

Rip This
slew

Keith can always try to replace him...I mean look at Queen...they are thinking of taking Gaga on the road with them....[www.nme.com]

grinning smiley

Freddie is pretty much irreplaceable.

Mick IS irreplaceable.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: October 12, 2011 06:49

atip
corriecas
a)If jagger acts his age, and performs like the old Blues men, it would be good.
b) if he acts like at the Grammys, acting like he is 40 years old, it will be a Joke and he is making a fool of himself.

When he does like a)... i am going
if he does like b), i am not
bye jeroen

If he does like a)... I am going
If he does like c)... I am going
If there's a c)... I am going
If they do it a stadium... I am going
If they do it in an arena... I am going
If they do it in a small venue... I am going (if I can get tix)
If they do it with or without Chuck, Lisa, and the gang... I am going
If they play the warhorses or the more obscure... I am going
Yep, I am going.

I hear ya Atip, see ya there.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: September 7, 2013 14:22

jagger will be singing and dancing till he drops,he is the best front man in rock,so no worries.LONG LIVE MICK JAGGER.
STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 8, 2013 22:45

It's clearly NOT BS because at 70 he still DESIRES to be in such peak condition and works so hard at it. He had a dad who lived to be over 90 and his mom was in her late 80's when she passed and they instilled in Mick a fabulous work ethic, which I admire because I tend to be more lazy! I guess I am agreeing with you, Gumboot. Maybe a lot of it has to do with his unwilling to be considered OLD, and I understand that one!
For whatever the reason, Mick is a unique speciman!! I am thabnkful that he's kept it all together for so long because he inspires me to try to stay young!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 9, 2013 05:03

Gumboot - Agree to a point but he does put on quite show for a man who is 70 regardless of his regimen. I know a lot of 70 somethings that take care of themselves and they could never do what Mick does.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 9, 2013 20:14

Agree totally SLEW!cool smiley

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: September 10, 2013 00:37

slew
Gumboot - Agree to a point but he does put on quite show for a man who is 70 regardless of his regimen. I know a lot of 70 somethings that take care of themselves and they could never do what Mick does.
But how many of your 70 something friends have made a career out of what Mick does? He's a seasoned professional.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 10, 2013 12:11

Green Lady
Never mind the miraculous - can he still do the Horrendous?

cool smiley ........"Do the Horrendous to that if you can"................

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 10, 2013 13:00

GumbootCloggeroo
slew
But how many of your 70 something friends have made a career out of what Mick does? He's a seasoned professional.

What, you mean you never heard of Rappin' Granny?

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: September 15, 2013 09:44

Heard on a national news feature this year about how he conditions that he also swears by daily yoga workout. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: September 15, 2013 19:23

DragonSky
thewatchman
By the time the Stones get rolling next summer he will be just about 69.

Eh, there is no indication at this point that there is going to be a tour this coming summer or even ever again.

Of course there will be, the Stones are not going to ignore the rest of the world

England and the States are NOT going to be the end of concerts

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1313
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home