Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 38
Re: CARS cars cars ...( not O.T if Stones related )
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 3, 2012 22:29

Both he and Keith bought Ferrari Dinos at Hollywood Sports Cars
Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Chess ... fondly recounts regular jaunts with Keith to Canter's on Fairfax

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 7, 2012 22:53

ROCKMAN

Date: March 9, 2012 23:21

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: March 14, 2012 16:28

Is there any pic of a Rolling Stone with an Alfetta?

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 16, 2012 14:12

You like Alfettas ,dead.flowers ?

Date: March 16, 2012 14:14

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 16, 2012 14:17

Lady Gaga is a real 'Car-Girl' also...

2 1 2 0

Date: March 16, 2012 14:28

Come On,from me to you, I think that only a very few women know how to drive or to park a car ,lol and even less open and look under the hood .
I even saw once a woman who asked me why she couldn't get her tyres' pressure ..she had forgotten to take the valve cap off grinning smiley

Date: March 16, 2012 14:34

I dare to agree....or do I?....grinning smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 16, 2012 15:09

"I think that only a very few women know how to drive or to park a car ,lol and even less open and look under the hood ". Sway, You can't say things like that anymore. At least not in Sweden. Here you might even get sentenced for it. A well known Swedish motor journalist said that he thought that men in general were better drivers than women. They didn't manage to imprison him but he was harassed for it by angry feminists. Lucky you, who lives in France!

Date: March 17, 2012 00:12

Stoneage
"I think that only a very few women know how to drive or to park a car ,lol and even less open and look under the hood ". Sway, You can't say things like that anymore. At least not in Sweden. Here you might even get sentenced for it. A well known Swedish motor journalist said that he thought that men in general were better drivers than women. They didn't manage to imprison him but he was harassed for it by angry feminists. Lucky you, who lives in France!

stoneage , I am a woman , and what I wrote was about women drivers in France .
Check my next post >grinning smiley<

Date: March 17, 2012 00:21

ROCKMAN

Date: March 17, 2012 00:46

Come On
I dare to agree....or do I?....grinning smiley

Why wouldn't you dare ?
Truth is :
Women aren't good in driving cars .

I am so upset /pissed of right now because at 5:00 pm my time, a car bumped
into mine .
Not only the driver -a woman- didn't know what to do but she began to shout at me when we filled the "accident report" papers .

She had never heard about Article R413-17<<II. - Elles ne dispensent en aucun cas le conducteur de rester constamment maître de sa vitesse et de régler cette dernière en fonction de l'état de la chaussée, des difficultés de la circulation et des obstacles prévisibles.<<

No big deal ,thought, only bodywork .
French female drivers sucks -no false pride- but I am real good .

Date: March 17, 2012 00:55

grinning smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: March 17, 2012 01:08

Come On
grinning smiley

At least you could feel sorry for my car ,unless you don't drive a car .

Date: March 17, 2012 02:01

I know you are a woman, Sway! Bad luck with the accident. I hope the woman who bumped in to you takes care of the costs via her insurance. Body work repairs can be awfully expensive nowadays. I have had a similar experience with (an older) woman driver who backed into my car. She actually blamed me for it. I don't think she had the presence of mind to understand what had happened so I remained calm. It was in the winter and she only had vision through the wind shield and didn't use the rear view mirrors (who were frosted anyway).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-17 02:06 by Stoneage.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 17, 2012 03:35

SwayStones
Come On,from me to you, I think that only a very few women know how to drive or to park a car ,lol and even less open and look under the hood .
I even saw once a woman who asked me why she couldn't get her tyres' pressure ..she had forgotten to take the valve cap off grinning smiley

I once knew a woman who asked me why the Mustang logo was upside-down on some of the wheels...

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 17, 2012 05:12

These are amazing! He has not only made it look like the animal, but they look alive with motion.
These items below were all fabricated from junked 1950 and 1960 automobile parts by a gentleman in Australia

Check out all the Spark Plugs.........
James Corbett uses remnants of cars from the '50s and '60s.

This is the man that converts scrapped parts of carsinto sculptures
worth thousands of dollars.
The 46-year-old Australian artist James Corbett,
creates these sculptures using salvaged old car parts.

One of the pieces, a ram made from spark plugs, sold for a whopping $23,000

His sculptures are made of gears, spark plugs, exhausts, radiators, anything that the artist can salvage.

After spending weeks dedicated to locate suitable pieces, James meticulously cleans every part and welds them together.

He said: "I was working in a warehouse of scrap and a guy I know, that
races stock cars, showed me a Trophy winner, "Fact with levers of change."
"I looked at it and I thought that I could do a much better job so I started making my own sculptures."

"After a period of time, people began to become more and more into what I was doing and now what do I with my life, is a dream come to reality."

"On average, each piece takes a little over two weeks of work,
but the larger pieces can take much longer, he says.

Corbett lives in Ningi, Queensland, Australia with his wife Jodie.

Sculptures using pieces of old cars; the French and British cars are James' favorites to retrieve.

James says that welding of the parts, and the construction of the sculpture is not what consumes most time of the artist. "Often the longest part of the process is finding old parts suitable for sculpture."

The sculptor is exhibiting his work in the Gallery ofJohn Davies in Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire, England, until December 19.

"My two favorite pieces that I've created for this exhibition are the ram and the wild boar," he says.

Date: March 17, 2012 12:24

Rockman

Lyonheart car ,a name that would fit well for me spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: March 17, 2012 12:26

schillid
SwayStones

I once knew a woman who asked me why the Mustang logo was upside-down on some of the wheels...

lol schillid !
I hope you didn't date her >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-17 12:26 by SwayStones.

Date: March 17, 2012 12:28

.....It's truely amazin' what dem doctors can do now days ain't it.....

ROCKMAN

Date: March 17, 2012 12:30

@EG ,those sculptures are amazing!
@stoneage , I've got an all-risks insurance ,so I won't have to pay for the bodywork,plus a 0,35 coefficient .

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 17, 2012 12:50

Careful Sway, sometimes even though it wasn't your fault and even though they paid for the damages, they will often raise your permiums and after a couple years you would have been better off paying for the repair yourself. If you so the math considering the time value of money, it can be surprising.

Unless the damge is over a couple thousand dollars I will usually pay for the repair myself to avoid the premium increase. I figure I'll use the insurance when some Betty bumps the truck beyond the point of recognition. Sorry about your accident. peace

Date: March 17, 2012 12:56

Naturalust ,thanks for your concern ;the woman is 100% wrong .

I went to my insurance cie this morning and they told me my premium won't increase -in French we call it "bonus"

Since the sill was "pushed" forward ,I hope my steering column wasn'tdamaged sad smiley

How did you like the dog pic btw ?

Date: March 17, 2012 16:15

Sorry Sway but it works like this: It's the guilty parts insurance company who should take care of the costs. I guess your company has contacted the guilty parts (the woman who bumped into you) company. If you use your insurance (which you shouldn't) your premium (or bonus) will certainly damage from it whatever they tell you.

Date: March 17, 2012 23:42

Actually, BOTH insurance companies usually get involved. They use the witnesses and police reports to determine who is at fault therfore responsible to pay thye damages.

And I loved ALL those animal sculptures, AWESOME. We have a guy around here who does similar stuff with big metal sculptures. He does dinoaurs and bison and giffarres and elephants, horses, gorillas.... But he uses iron metal sheets and basically they all turn rust colored in a hurry. Neil Young has a bunch of them surrounding the deck on his house. Big Birds in his case (throwing shadows on his eyes). peace

Date: March 18, 2012 01:11

............................................................................. Sway's car...

ROCKMAN

Date: March 18, 2012 01:20

well it's a fertile one that's for sure....Nice veggies! peace

Date: March 18, 2012 01:38

My guess is that she has a car like this:

A pure work of art and one of my favourite cars. A Citroën SM 1974. But to bump into a car like this must be considered high treason...

Date: March 22, 2012 11:34

Stoneage

A pure work of art and one of my favourite cars. A Citroën SM 1974. But to bump into a car like this must be considered high treason...

But to bump into a car like this must be considered high treason

you bet !>grinning smiley<

BTW ,I got the report from my insurance .
The other woman is 100% responsible so her insurance cie will pay for the damages .My bonus won't be damage.
Since my car will be fixed by a garage that has the agreement of the insurance cie, I even won't have to lend the money .
The garage will lend me a car for 2 weeks -the time it will take to fix my car .

Anyway,you won't believe how people -and not only women- are bad drivers in France and put their life and the others lives in danger.
Everyday I see several people running red lights, not respecting the road rules etc

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1670
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home