Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142Next
Current Page: 38 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 6, 2012 04:03

Patriots are playing good D but the Giants are killing themselves on 3rd down. Plus Brady is on a roll. Giants have not had much pressure on him but if they did he makes mistakes. Gronkowski has one catch. Brady just intercepted!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 6, 2012 04:47

LOL!!! WOW!!! That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen in an NFL game. The player did not want to go into the end zone.... but all his instincts pushed him over the goal line.... TD!!!!!

NY 21 NE 17..... 57 SECONDS TO GO....
NE STARTS ON THE 20 YARD LINE.... 57 SECONDS TO GLORY.... or who?

Date: February 6, 2012 04:54

Giants win the Super Bowl!!!!!!

Date: February 6, 2012 04:54

tick tick tick ....
1st down.... incomplete pass
2nd down..... pass dropped by reliable Hernandez...
3rd down..... BRADY GETS SACKED!!!!

46 seconds to go... NE calls final time out...
39 seconds to go....
4th down....... AND BRANCH CATCHES IT .... 1ST DOWN!!!!!

1ST DOWN...... copmplete pass to the 44 yards line

17 seconds to go......

HAIL MARY!!!!!!!! incomplete..... oops NY had too many on the field...

9 seconds to go..... ball on the 49 yard line...

1ST down.... incomplete catch....

5 seconds to go......

HAIL MARY...... FOR ALL THE MARBLES.... great throw by Brady..... into a crowd in the endzone!!!!!!!.....

INCOMPLETE!!!!!!

NY GIANTS WIN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!

Date: February 6, 2012 04:55

Final score NY 21 NE 17

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: February 6, 2012 04:55

Great Game

Date: February 6, 2012 04:58

I needed that 2 point conversion for $200. They didn't really even try. Just a clock runner.

But beating the Patriots still feels good.

Date: February 6, 2012 04:59

Max'sKansasCity
LOL!!! WOW!!! That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen in an NFL game. The player did not want to go into the end zone.... but all his instincts pushed him over the goal line.... TD!!!!!

That meant it would have/might have been better strategy to go down on the 1 yard line and then run down the clock, then kick a field, leaving no time on the clock for NE to come back..... which they almost did..... Brady's throw into the crowd in the endzone could have been caught by a NE player..... but wasnt...

now.... The NFL season is over... always a sad time.... : (

come on MARCH MADNESS!!!! winking smiley

Date: February 6, 2012 05:01

As much as I love to see the families, I wish they would keep the wives and kids off the field until well after the game and presentations. It really takes away from the celebrations of the victory. The families are mugging the players before they can even hug eachother.

Date: February 6, 2012 05:02

The Sicilian
I needed that 2 point conversion for $200.

What bet did you make? The spread was NE giving NY 2 1/2 points, wasnt it?

PS
Best commercial was Jerry Seinfeld/Leno... or maybe.... the VW commercial with Darth Vadar at the end

Date: February 6, 2012 05:03

You gotta take the points when they are there to be had. Ask Baltimore about counting on your kicker.

Date: February 6, 2012 05:06

doubledoor
You gotta take the points when they are there to be had. Ask Baltimore about counting on your kicker.

That what I would say... it was just really funny to see Bradshaw running for the endzone, and then try his best to not score, but his body said "fk that, get the point NOW"..... lol....

Great game, even if it was low scoring... actually all the people complaining about the pro bowl should be delighted...

Date: February 6, 2012 05:06

I had a lot money invested in pools. One of my final numbers was NY 3 NE 7

Date: February 6, 2012 05:15

The Sicilian
I had a lot money invested in pools. One of my final numbers was NY 3 NE 7

Dang man..... well..... at least you will never forget it....

I was picking NY to win based on Eli Manning and the big brother little brother concept... nothing burns hotter than brotherly rivalry... and I was betting Eli really, really wanted this. I know it a team game and all the rest.... but at this level it is the little things that give the edge....

MAN!!! HOW ABOUT THE MANNING FAMILY?? What are a bunch of studs they are (Mom too)(mainly).... but you know what??? I bet when they sit around in the springtime, having a beer.... I bet Archie (the Dad) still finds a way to give his sons some sht, about something...... How about freeking Archie Manning, not just one .... BUT TWO of his boys are Super Bowl winning quarterbacks.... that is unreal.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-06 05:18 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: February 6, 2012 06:11

thewatchman
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
Bringing joy to millions is never a bad idea. Neither is making millions of dollars for doing a Beatles family reunion concert. As a former QB I wouldn't allow you in my huddle with your negative attitude. Can't isn't in my vocabulary.

What gives you any iota of a inkling of thought that millions would fall for such a sham? You're...shamless!

Er, you should be ashammed of yerself for thinking such rubbishing thoughts.

You just need to accept that a bad idea is a bad idea. How come you're not aping about getting the Sons Of The Stones together? Marlon is an automatic genius as open-G guitar playing because his old man is/was?

Hey, have it. Good luck with finding someone to part with a dollar yet alone "millions of dollars" with such a horrible idea.

It's shameful that it didn't happen years ago, but on the other hand, it will make it that much better when/if it does.

Y'all will always be known as The Dillusional Brothers. How could it make it better IF it happens? If implies "might not". In this case it's 100% not ever gonna happen, that sham of an idea. Fortunately there will never be a when. The Sham That Never Happened.

Although for Tom Brady he's really wondering when he'll ever win another Super Bowl.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 6, 2012 06:40

Brilliant game and all the Giant-haters and Eli-doubters can go eat some well-deserved crow.

Are the Giants real? Fvck yes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-06 06:41 by 71Tele.

Date: February 6, 2012 08:22

A post game stat said 5 teams have now won 4 Super bowls, for a total of 20, out of the 46 Super bowls played so far..... so 5, out of 32 NFL teams, have won about half of all Super Bowls played. I guess there is not as much "parody" in the NFL as they claim.

Date: February 6, 2012 08:47

Max'sKansasCity
A post game stat said 5 teams have now won 4 Super bowls, for a total of 20, out of the 46 Super bowls played so far..... so 5, out of 32 NFL teams, have won about half of all Super Bowls played. I guess there is not as much "parody" in the NFL as they claim.

not sure if the counted it but the steelers have 6 and dallas and the 49ers each have 5

Date: February 6, 2012 08:53

keefriffhard4life
Max'sKansasCity

not sure if the counted it but the steelers have 6 and dallas and the 49ers each have 5

I am not sure either, I just saw/heard the quote and was surprised, that is a big chunk of S.B. championships for a few teams

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 6, 2012 09:13

Green Bay has 13 championships if you include pre-Super Bowl era championships, which you should.

Date: February 6, 2012 09:23

Chicago Bears have 9

Date: February 6, 2012 09:27

The quote was just about Super bowls and modern era football. I wasnt wanting to start a whole who had the most/who is best debate, I was simply pointing out that in the so called "parody era", for some reason 5 teams (out of 32)(modern era) have dominated the NFL, winning about 1/2 the Championships. That is not parody.

Date: February 6, 2012 10:28

Did you guys see the story about the guy who bet $1000 that
the first scoring play would be a safety??... it paid 50 to 1.

Date: February 6, 2012 10:44

Max'sKansasCity
for the record... here is what it looked like winking smiley

Date: February 6, 2012 11:21

Max'sKansasCity
Max'sKansasCity
for the record... here is what it looked like winking smiley

if you watch he was going to take a knee to keep the clock rolling and give the patriots no chance of getting the ball back but he turns and see's eli with his hands up in the air signaling a scoring play so he just falls in slowly figuring if eli's hands are up i am supposed to get the TD now

Date: February 6, 2012 11:27

Yeah... later I explained it too.... except I didnt notice the Eli signaling TD thing.... I though it was his brain saying take a knee...but his body saying SCORE THE TD!!! LOL.. pretty funny looking no matter what winking smiley

Max'sKansasCity
Max'sKansasCity

That meant it would have/might have been better strategy to go down on the 1 yard line and then run down the clock, then kick a field, leaving no time on the clock for NE to come back..... which they almost did..... Brady's throw into the crowd in the endzone could have been caught by a NE player..... but wasnt...

Date: February 6, 2012 11:37

Max'sKansasCity
Yeah... later I explained it too.... except I didnt notice the Eli signaling TD thing.... I though it was his brain saying take a knee...but his body saying SCORE THE TD!!! LOL.. pretty funny looking no matter what winking smiley

Max'sKansasCity
Max'sKansasCity

yeah find a wider shot where you can see eli. he has his hands up before the TD so right before a knee is taken it appears he catches eli's hands signaling a score and assumes that means just go in for the TD. not sure if thats what the giants wanted or even if he could see eli but thats what it looked like to me when i watched a replay

Date: February 6, 2012 11:42

keefriffhard4life

yeah find a wider shot where you can see eli. he has his hands up before the TD so right before a knee is taken it appears he catches eli's hands signaling a score and assumes that means just go in for the TD. not sure if thats what the giants wanted or even if he could see eli but thats what it looked like to me when i watched a replay

It is a tough call... do you want the clock winding down before you go for a TD with X seconds to go... or do you wind the clock to 0:02 and kick a field goal...... or do you do what they did and put the ball in the dangerous hands of Brady? Who damn near won the game on a perfectly thrown Hail Mary, which was 2 feet from being caught by a diving Patriot.....

In the long run, imuho, take the freeking TD points when you can get them, and then let your Defense do it's job, eh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-06 11:44 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: February 6, 2012 13:00

Max'sKansasCity
keefriffhard4life

It is a tough call... do you want the clock winding down before you go for a TD with X seconds to go... or do you wind the clock to 0:02 and kick a field goal...... or do you do what they did and put the ball in the dangerous hands of Brady? Who damn near won the game on a perfectly thrown Hail Mary, which was 2 feet from being caught by a diving Patriot.....

In the long run, imuho, take the freeking TD points when you can get them, and then let your Defense do it's job, eh?

yeah i agree take the TD. imagine if the kicker missed the field goal and the giants lost because of that after having an open lane to a TD

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: February 6, 2012 13:27

stupidguy2
leteyer
NO over SF-- The Niners would have big time trouble finding Sproles (250 all purpose yds)
NYG over GB-- The Giants are so lucky that they will upset the cheeseheads
BAL over HOU-- Just plain logic, the better team will win
NE over DEN-- Brady will trow for like 400 yds and 4 TDs. I can imagine the Patriots LTAO in the sidelines by the start of the 4Q.

Not so soon.
We have the #2 defense, the #2 leading rusher (who's missed four games and was gimpy in the first contest). Granted, our inexperienced QB is the obvious disadvantage, but Flacco can be rattled.
And Ray Lewis is an old man.
We also have less to lose as the underdogs.....
This is Aaron Rodgers' year...again, Giants are not that lucky.
Rodgers is too good, too sharp, too loose - there's something inevitable about it.
Brady will reveal Tebow's weaknesses mercilessly.

Aren't they....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142Next
Current Page: 38 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1679
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home