Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 15, 2012 06:22

I finally exhaled

Good job NO

You guys were awesome

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 15, 2012 06:24

keefriffhard4life
NoCode0680
How did Tebow "prove" any doubters wrong? By winning 1 playoff game against an injured and under-strength Steelers team? Even Tony Romo has a playoff win. I think the doubters were proven right about Tebow when Denver ended the season on a 3 game losing streak, and getting their asses handed to them by Buffalo. Now they're getting their asses handed to them by New England.

first they said "he shouldn't start he can't win games in the nfl". they were wrong. then they said "luck got them to the playoffs but he can't complete a long pass so they will fail." he torched the steelers for 316 yards. i didn't know tebow plays defense as well. last time i checked tebow was on the bench while new england was scoring points

See, when Denver's defense has won most of these games for them Tebow gets all the credit, then when they're getting killed it's "Hey, Tebow can't play defense too". If it weren't for that defense Denver would have hardly won a game. Not only can Tebow not play Defense, he can't play Offense either. 10 points against a weak defense like New England's (31st ranked in the league, that's next to last if you're keeping score) is terrible.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 15, 2012 06:25

Hey EG. Didn't bother to read the whole pissing contest that what's his face staretd with you. But a hell of a game. Never imagined that kind of game or finish. Props to the Saints for a heck of a game. Let's go Giants. Love to see the Giants win tomorrow and have the NFC Championship game here.smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-15 07:22 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: January 15, 2012 06:35

Munichhilton
I finally exhaled

Good job NO

You guys were awesome
Yeah man. I had to remind myself to exhale a few times down the stretch. I'm as big of a sports junkie as their is. But that was seriously as good of a sporting event as I've ever seen.

Date: January 15, 2012 06:39

sweetcharmedlife
Munichhilton
I finally exhaled

Good job NO

You guys were awesome
Yeah man. I had to remind myself to exhale a few times down the stretch. I'm as big of a sports junkie as their is. But that was seriously as good of a sporting event as I've ever seen.

Agree. Incredible game. Most intense game I've seen in quite a while.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 15, 2012 07:30

Munichhilton
Good job NO

You guys were awesome

I thought they lost? confused smiley

Date: January 15, 2012 07:40

Koen
Munichhilton
Good job NO

You guys were awesome

I thought they lost? confused smiley

They did. Many fans have the ability to feel pride in their team even in a loss, as long as they gave it everything they had, and made a good run. Which the Saints did. Hell, they had a parade here for the Texas Rangers after they lost the World Series. Well, the first time, the second time was a little less enthusiastic, but it was a different circumstance with them choking it away.

Date: January 15, 2012 08:35

NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life
NoCode0680
How did Tebow "prove" any doubters wrong? By winning 1 playoff game against an injured and under-strength Steelers team? Even Tony Romo has a playoff win. I think the doubters were proven right about Tebow when Denver ended the season on a 3 game losing streak, and getting their asses handed to them by Buffalo. Now they're getting their asses handed to them by New England.

first they said "he shouldn't start he can't win games in the nfl". they were wrong. then they said "luck got them to the playoffs but he can't complete a long pass so they will fail." he torched the steelers for 316 yards. i didn't know tebow plays defense as well. last time i checked tebow was on the bench while new england was scoring points

See, when Denver's defense has won most of these games for them Tebow gets all the credit, then when they're getting killed it's "Hey, Tebow can't play defense too". If it weren't for that defense Denver would have hardly won a game. Not only can Tebow not play Defense, he can't play Offense either. 10 points against a weak defense like New England's (31st ranked in the league, that's next to last if you're keeping score) is terrible.

did you consider the fact the patriots had defensive players who were out or not 100% most of the season but were fine tonight? did you watch the same game i did? tebow was rushed/pressured much more than the steelers game and the people who stop that from happening are the offensive line. the patriots 31st ranked defense comes from the fact they allow so many long passing plays. hard to take advantage of that when the WRs and TEs only have 2 seconds to run a route before the QB has to throw it

Date: January 15, 2012 08:38

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
NoCode0680

Seeing that the Steelers were no where near 100% healthy the Seattle Seahawks could've torched the Steelers. What was Teeebow's longest pass? 28 yards? Yeah that's really smokin' 'em innit.
regardless of who was hurt for the steelers tebow still put up more passing yards than any other QB did this season against the steelers.tebow completed only 10 passes in the steelers game for 316 yards so pretty sure he threw long passes all game

Date: January 15, 2012 09:27

keefriffhard4life

did you consider the fact the patriots had defensive players who were out or not 100% most of the season but were fine tonight? did you watch the same game i did? tebow was rushed/pressured much more than the steelers game and the people who stop that from happening are the offensive line. the patriots 31st ranked defense comes from the fact they allow so many long passing plays. hard to take advantage of that when the WRs and TEs only have 2 seconds to run a route before the QB has to throw it

Who exactly has been injured that was 100% tonight? Patriots have had bad defense for about 2 years now, they just looked so good because the Broncos were so bad it MADE them look good. There may have been somebody come off the IR, or whatever, I don't know, but that's just an excuse. Denver is just a bad offense team that got where they are on the backs of their defense.

Denver hasn't been a high scoring team all season with a few exceptions. They lost the last game of the season 7-3. Under Tebow the Broncos average about 18 points a game, that's bottom 10 of the NFL. Indianapolis without Manning was averaging 15.2 points.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-15 09:31 by NoCode0680.

Date: January 15, 2012 09:41

NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life

Who exactly has been injured that was 100% tonight? Patriots have had bad defense for about 2 years now, they just looked so good because the Broncos were so bad it MADE them look good. There may have been somebody come off the IR, or whatever, I don't know, but that's just an excuse. Denver is just a bad offense team that got where they are on the backs of their defense.

Denver hasn't been a high scoring team all season with a few exceptions. They lost the last game of the season 7-3. Under Tebow the Broncos average about 18 points a game, that's bottom 10 of the NFL. Indianapolis without Manning was averaging 15.2 points.

well they weren't going to outscore the patriots no matter what unless they were held to less than 20 points which is for the defense. it was overall a horrid game from every facet of denver whether its defense, running, passing, blocking, etc. the entire team was just bad tonight.

btw spikes and chung were both injured what seemed like the entire season and a few other defensive guys were banged up.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: January 15, 2012 09:57

The Pats have averaged 32 points a game this year.
That's almost impossible to stop.
The only ones that did were the Giants (keep them them in mind), the Steelers
(whom the Broncos took out), and the Bills.
As much as I like the Broncos and Tebow, that Pats offense is just too good.
It's a well-oiled machine. However the Giants, 49ers, and Packers could stop them.

Date: January 15, 2012 10:02

keefriffhard4life

well they weren't going to outscore the patriots no matter what unless they were held to less than 20 points which is for the defense. it was overall a horrid game from every facet of denver whether its defense, running, passing, blocking, etc. the entire team was just bad tonight.

btw spikes and chung were both injured what seemed like the entire season and a few other defensive guys were banged up.

That just goes to show how much hype Tebow has been and how this team made it where they are on the backs of the Defense. You can't always expect your defense to hold teams to below the league average (27 points) and squeak by with your own below average scoring.

I agree, the defense got picked apart, but if it weren't for them they would have lost just about every game this season, and there would be no Tebow-mania.

There are plenty of teams with bad defense that still win. Green Bay has the worst defense in the league, but Rodgers puts out in a way Tebow can't even dream of. These Broncos are similar to that Chicago team from several years back that made it to the Super Bowl on the backs of the defense while the offense barely scored a point. The only difference is that Rex Grossman didn't get all the hype, it was rightfully given to the defense.

Date: January 15, 2012 10:04

tomk
It's a well-oiled machine. However the Giants, 49ers, and Packers could stop them.

Green Bay can't stop them, they have the worst defense in the league, but they can outscore them. They average 35 points a game. If those two teams meet it will be one hell of a shoot out.

Date: January 15, 2012 10:13

NoCode0680
tomk

Green Bay can't stop them, they have the worst defense in the league, but they can outscore them. They average 35 points a game. If those two teams meet it will be one hell of a shoot out.

By stopping them I mean win the damn game. The Giants' defense is looking better every week, The 49ers seem for real, and the Packers are the Packers.
Let's see how the Ravens do. They could beat the Pats. Houston, not so sure.

Date: January 15, 2012 10:17

tomk
The Giants' defense is looking better every week

That Pierre-Paul dude scares me

Date: January 15, 2012 10:22

NoCode0680
tomk
The Giants' defense is looking better every week

That Pierre-Paul dude scares me

And they beat the Pats and damn near beat the Packers.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 15, 2012 15:19

sweetcharmedlife
Munichhilton
I finally exhaled

Good job NO

You guys were awesome

Yer right! When Vernon caught that ball and was crying like a baby...I was also crying like a baby...bring on the Giants. I gotta go wash my Niners shirt. It's got beer and tears all over it!

Date: January 15, 2012 15:45

NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life

That just goes to show how much hype Tebow has been and how this team made it where they are on the backs of the Defense. You can't always expect your defense to hold teams to below the league average (27 points) and squeak by with your own below average scoring.

I agree, the defense got picked apart, but if it weren't for them they would have lost just about every game this season, and there would be no Tebow-mania.

There are plenty of teams with bad defense that still win. Green Bay has the worst defense in the league, but Rodgers puts out in a way Tebow can't even dream of. These Broncos are similar to that Chicago team from several years back that made it to the Super Bowl on the backs of the defense while the offense barely scored a point. The only difference is that Rex Grossman didn't get all the hype, it was rightfully given to the defense.

you sorta proved my point though. the patriots only lost 3 games all year so they played 13 games were the other teams defense and offense didn't get the job done. the theory of mine basically has always been hold the patriots to less than 24 points and you'll win because they usually give up more than that

Date: January 15, 2012 16:22

keefriffhard4life
NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life

you sorta proved my point though. the patriots only lost 3 games all year so they played 13 games were the other teams defense and offense didn't get the job done. the theory of mine basically has always been hold the patriots to less than 24 points and you'll win because they usually give up more than that

Proved what point? Your point all along has been that Tebow "proved the doubters wrong", and you put the loss all on the defense who got Denver where they are. You say the defense has to hold NE to 20 points in order for Denver to be able to beat them. Which is basically saying that in order for Tebow to win it has to be a low scoring game.

I was saying there are plenty of teams with bad defense that give up a lot of points, that can still win. They do this because they actually have something called an offense, which outscores the other team regardless of what their defense does or doesn't do. Guys like Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady don't have the luxury of having a defense that holds other teams down like Denver's defense, which allows them to just come out and score a below average amount of points to squeak by.

Date: January 15, 2012 16:34

NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life
NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life

Proved what point? Your point all along has been that Tebow "proved the doubters wrong", and you put the loss all on the defense who got Denver where they are. You say the defense has to hold NE to 20 points in order for Denver to be able to beat them. Which is basically saying that in order for Tebow to win it has to be a low scoring game.

I was saying there are plenty of teams with bad defense that give up a lot of points, that can still win. They do this because they actually have something called an offense, which outscores the other team regardless of what their defense does or doesn't do. Guys like Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady don't have the luxury of having a defense that holds other teams down like Denver's defense, which allows them to just come out and score a below average amount of points to squeak by.

yes but how many of those teams with poor defense, and there are a lot, beat the patriots? that was the point. its not like the patriots lost 5-6 games this year and every game they played in was close. of course tim tebow is going to get the credit for the denver wins and not the defense. points still have to go up on the board to win the game and usually tebow is the player who gets the points up there. holding a team to just 3 points during a game means nothing if you don't put up more than that.

btw there are only 3 teams with average or below average defenses that can beat almost any team in the nfl because they are an offensive juggernaut and thats the patriots, green bay and the saints. not sure what other teams you are talking about

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 15, 2012 16:50

Date: January 15, 2012 16:55

keefriffhard4life

yes but how many of those teams with poor defense, and there are a lot, beat the patriots? that was the point. its not like the patriots lost 5-6 games this year and every game they played in was close. of course tim tebow is going to get the credit for the denver wins and not the defense. points still have to go up on the board to win the game and usually tebow is the player who gets the points up there. holding a team to just 3 points during a game means nothing if you don't put up more than that.

btw there are only 3 teams with average or below average defenses that can beat almost any team in the nfl because they are an offensive juggernaut and thats the patriots, green bay and the saints. not sure what other teams you are talking about

The New York Giants have one of the lowest ranked defenses (though as was being discussed earlier they have improved in the last few games of the season) and are still in the hunt, and beat the Patriots. And they did it when their defense was still looking pretty bad, although they did an OK job that game.

Tebow is the only player I know of that will be glorified for scoring more than 3 points. When the aforementioned Chicago team made it to the Super Bowl on the back of their defense, the defense got all the credit and Grossman/The Offense were the target of many jokes. The only difference is the Tebow hype machine. Never has a quarterback done so little for so much acclaim.

Date: January 15, 2012 17:12

NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life

The New York Giants have one of the lowest ranked defenses (though as was being discussed earlier they have improved in the last few games of the season) and are still in the hunt, and beat the Patriots. And they did it when their defense was still looking pretty bad, although they did an OK job that game.

Tebow is the only player I know of that will be glorified for scoring more than 3 points. When the aforementioned Chicago team made it to the Super Bowl on the back of their defense, the defense got all the credit and Grossman/The Offense were the target of many jokes. The only difference is the Tebow hype machine. Never has a quarterback done so little for so much acclaim.

like i said earlier the difference in tebow and grossman was no one ever said grossman isn't an nfl worthy QB and can't win a game. granted he throws a lot of INTs but no one ever questioned his ability to play QB. just think denver got rid of their best WR brandon lloyd the week before tebow ever started. imagine if that guy was still there.
btw the giants defense was ravaged by injuries all year and no one on this forum is going to deny that. tuck and osi are the heart of that defense and both of them as well as several other defensive players missed multiple games.

Date: January 15, 2012 17:31

keefriffhard4life

like i said earlier the difference in tebow and grossman was no one ever said grossman isn't an nfl worthy QB and can't win a game. granted he throws a lot of INTs but no one ever questioned his ability to play QB. just think denver got rid of their best WR brandon lloyd the week before tebow ever started. imagine if that guy was still there.
btw the giants defense was ravaged by injuries all year and no one on this forum is going to deny that. tuck and osi are the heart of that defense and both of them as well as several other defensive players missed multiple games.

Well I'm not saying he isn't NFL Worthy, I'm just saying he isn't worthy of all the hype. I've never been one saying he shouldn't be in the league. If Tony Romo can be a starting QB in this league, anybody can. Tim Tebow is welcome in the NFL as far as I'm concerned, but let's not pretend like he's the greatest thing ever. He's mediocre at best, but he's green, he can improve.

I know the Giants defense has been ravaged by injuries, you just asked what below average defense (which statistically the Giants are) has beaten the Patriots.

Date: January 15, 2012 21:06

NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life

Well I'm not saying he isn't NFL Worthy, I'm just saying he isn't worthy of all the hype. I've never been one saying he shouldn't be in the league. If Tony Romo can be a starting QB in this league, anybody can. Tim Tebow is welcome in the NFL as far as I'm concerned, but let's not pretend like he's the greatest thing ever. He's mediocre at best, but he's green, he can improve.

I know the Giants defense has been ravaged by injuries, you just asked what below average defense (which statistically the Giants are) has beaten the Patriots.

yes he has lots of room for improvement which is why i believe the hype this year is going. people see so much potential in what they thought was a lost cause and the defense gave them a chance to win multiple games which tebow took advantage of

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 15, 2012 23:14

Ravens defeat the Texans 20 - 13 to face New England in Boston. Story of this game was if the Texans had a reliable quarterback they easily win. Yates the backup was terrible throwing 3 bad interceptions

The Texans defense stuffed the Ravens all day. They are lucky to get out of this game with a win. The Texans know that Yates personally lost this game for them. Too bad the better team lost.

Date: January 15, 2012 23:33

keefriffhard4life
NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life

yes he has lots of room for improvement which is why i believe the hype this year is going. people see so much potential in what they thought was a lost cause and the defense gave them a chance to win multiple games which tebow took advantage of

I disagree there. The hype is about everything BUT what he actually does on the field. He hasn't done much on the field to earn the hype, it's about his personality (and he does seem like a good kid) his "Tebowing" and all the other stuff. He has room for improvement, but in order to do that he's going to have to totally change his game, what we've seen from him this year has got to go. He has to learn to be a disciplined QB, improve his passing, learn how to give up on plays instead of running around and eventually getting sacked for a 29 yard loss, and plenty of other things.

Date: January 15, 2012 23:36

The Sicilian
Ravens defeat the Texans 20 - 13 to face New England in Boston. Story of this game was if the Texans had a reliable quarterback they easily win. Yates the backup was terrible throwing 3 bad interceptions

The Texans defense stuffed the Ravens all day. They are lucky to get out of this game with a win. The Texans know that Yates personally lost this game for them. Too bad the better team lost.
Patriots will blow out the Ravens next week. Go Giants!

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: January 16, 2012 00:28

boston2006
sweetcharmedlife
boston2006
I was 1 ~ 3 in the playoffs last week , let's see if I can get even .

I like
New Orleans giving 3 1/2
New England giving 15 1/2
Baltimore giving 7 1/2
Green Bay giving 7 1/2

I haven't any pet to bet like sweetcharmedlife so I'll start wagering my vinyl collection .

I'll bet ya a pink Some Girls vinyl that you don't go 3-1.winking smiley

Well it's not due to arrive until Tuesday thumbs up

Aaaaaahhhhhh Sh*t , sweetcharmedlife ya beat me out of my vinyl .

I can pay you know or we can double up on next weeks championship games

Take it if you want it .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1516
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home