Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Onstage Incidents
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: July 29, 2016 19:50

After 50 yrs. of touring as The Rolling Stones what are some of the most significant onstage incidents?

12/18/81 Fan runs onstage during 'Satisfaction' & meets Keith's guitar head on is probably the best example.

Or Keith yelling at the people who threw empty water bottles onstage during 'Miss You' @ The SARS Concert.

Or Mick & Keith bumping into each other, giving one another dirty looks,

Just thought it would be a pretty interesting topic & to see if anybody knew of any other incidents that are not that well known.

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: Rolling Stones Onstage Incidents
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 29, 2016 20:00

This one maybe: [www.iorr.org] ?

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 29, 2016 20:41

A lot of crazy stuff happened in the 60s. There was violence in the audiences; I remember reading there was a riot at one of their German shows. ... Keith was almost electrocuted once. ... I'm sure they were hit by objects. ... Altamont, of course, might have been terrifying.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: July 29, 2016 20:50

wonderboy
A lot of crazy stuff happened in the 60s. There was violence in the audiences; I remember reading there was a riot at one of their German shows. ...

You are referring to the concert at Waldbuehne, Berlin, September 1865, when the fans destroyed the entire arena.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: July 29, 2016 20:54

Blackpool 1964.Keith kicks drunken yobbo in head.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 29, 2016 22:13

saltoftheearth
wonderboy
A lot of crazy stuff happened in the 60s. There was violence in the audiences; I remember reading there was a riot at one of their German shows. ...

You are referring to the concert at Waldbuehne, Berlin, September 1865, when the fans destroyed the entire arena.

Their anger was justified though, what with the Austro-Prussian War ready to kickstart.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 29, 2016 22:35

Bastion
saltoftheearth
wonderboy

Their anger was justified though, what with the Austro-Prussian War ready to kickstart.

Don't forget about the infamus 1792 American tour.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 29, 2016 23:27

did keith no fall asleep on stage during fool to cry in 1976.

read somewhere he claimed this happened.

or maybe it was the audience who fell asleep.

also was at gig at hampden glasgow in 1990. keith said "ive cut my finger. who gives a shit" think they had to cancel the next one.

Posted by: Night Manager ()
Date: July 29, 2016 23:46

Keith DID actually fall asleep during Fool to cry in Cologne in 1976, landing on his foot pedal, which gave an extensive feedback screech. He then stood up and played on as if nothing had happened. The way he looked, he could`ve been up for a coupla days, and the tune probably didn`t do a lot to keep him awake either...

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 29, 2016 23:57

In Indianapolis

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 30, 2016 00:05

Bill Wyman electricity accident in 1965 in Denmark

Others:

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: July 30, 2016 00:37

How about comical incidents? My favorite being the time at Philly in 1981 when they started playing Let It Bleed with somebody strumming away in a glaringly wrong key. They had to stop it completely, correct Woody (I think he was the offending player) and give it another go.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: July 30, 2016 12:27

Hannover ,Germany , 1990, Sympathy for the devil :

Jagger on top of the Urban Jungle stage wanted to start to sing and the microphone didn't work!
He had to take the Lift back to the ground, man he was pissed!
You can hear that's the Version with the long jamming intro winking smiley
Tom

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 30, 2016 13:27

Paris 70 : a bunch of stripped to the wast women invade the stage.

Some call it an incident. Bill Wyman called it "divine intervention" >grinning smiley<

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 30, 2016 13:53

Buenos Aires 2006,when the band has been supported during the final bow by a fan who run on stage.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 30, 2016 20:55

HonkeyTonkFlash
How about comical incidents? My favorite being the time at Philly in 1981 when they started playing Let It Bleed with somebody strumming away in a glaringly wrong key. They had to stop it completely, correct Woody (I think he was the offending player) and give it another go.

Holy crap. And Mick asks the crowd if they know the song ha ha ha ha!!!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 30, 2016 20:56

Marhsall
After 50 yrs. of touring as The Rolling Stones what are some of the most significant onstage incidents?

12/18/81 Fan runs onstage during 'Satisfaction' & meets Keith's guitar head on is probably the best example.

Yeah, a bit of a wonk though, Keith didn't exactly let him have it, it was more of a shove to the shoulder.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: July 30, 2016 23:43

Sacramento, 1965. Keith gets electrocuted.

Anaheim, 1978. Mick gets shoe'd on stage

And there was something about the stage at Altamont, but the details escape me.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-30 23:49 by camper88.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 31, 2016 12:00

During Ladies & Gentlemen Mick throws a hat toward Charlie and it hits him in the face.
(The camera doesn't catch it, but one can figure it out from what the camera does catch.)
But then, if we include the Mick's assaults on band members we shall be here for a long long time.

So ...

How about the time Keith slipped (on a frankfurter) in Frankfurt, landed on his (mighty fine) behind,
and just sat there calmly continuing his solo? That was during Beast of Burden, right?

(And before anyone brings up any of that nasty Nick Kent's rubbish, no Keith didn't commandeer the cherry picker,
and no Keith didn't punch Ronnie out at Wembley. Other journalists told Kent crap like that
when he asked to borrow their notes after he passed out at the shows from being a jerk)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2062
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home