Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT "Take It To The Limit"
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 28, 2016 01:26

Anyone else here love "Take It to the Limit" as sung by Randy Meisner with
The Eagles?

I'd like to hear Adele try it some time.

Re: OT "Take It To The Limit"
Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: July 28, 2016 01:40

Great song. The Eagles had plenty. A very talented group of guys. Don Henley's solo LP The End of the Innocence was so good.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 28, 2016 01:56

Loved the Eagles until Hotel California. From then onward there was something missing. The music sounded more forced and not as natural. Similar to our band from GOATS HEAD forward. But the stones remain my mistress.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 28, 2016 03:19

Possibly my favourite Eagles song! I also like the version on Common Threads tribute album back in the 90's by Suzy Boggus.

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: July 28, 2016 04:19

Great song.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 28, 2016 06:40

Yes, Meisner's sung songs were always good. He was country rock before the Eagles too, playing with Ricky Nelson's Stone Canyon band.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 28, 2016 06:56

Always liked it too stonesrule, lovely song musically and lyrically.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: July 28, 2016 07:48

beachbreak
Great song. The Eagles had plenty. A very talented group of guys. Don Henley's solo LP The End of the Innocence was so good.

I saw Henley in concert a few nights ago. He did that song and several others from his solo career, along with several Eagles songs. The show ran over two hours, with a fifteen piece band in support. I enjoyed it more than the Eagles shows I saw during their reunion years. Both bands played arrangements almost identical to the records, but the Eagles seemed to lack a little something. Maybe they just stretched out the reunion thing too long.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 28, 2016 07:50

Beautiful song, powerful but restrained. smiling smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 28, 2016 12:01

The Eagles come in for a lot of flack but I agree with Bashlets that they were great until Hotel California which was the beginning of the stadium years and a heavier rock/pop sound. The Desperado is their finest moment. Great production by Glyn Johns.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 28, 2016 13:23

Love it , to me when Don henley/Glenn Frey kicked out Don Felder simply put the eagles stopped flying .

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: July 28, 2016 14:33

Take it to the Limit is allways in my car. The Eagles song I like the most. The studio and live version are both great. Meisner is a great songwriter.

Bye
Fernando

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 28, 2016 14:35

Love It!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 28, 2016 14:44

Randy hitting that high note at the end is the highlight of "Eagles Live". Great song.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: July 28, 2016 15:15

I also love the slightly rawer version by Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson. I listen alternately to both versions - it depends on the mood which one I prefer.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 28, 2016 16:31

If you like a raw version of Take It To The Limit, Etta James' cover on Deep In The Night is great.

Posted by: kait ()
Date: July 28, 2016 20:31

tomcasagranda
If you like a raw version of Take It To The Limit, Etta James' cover on Deep In The Night is great.

thumbs up

Date: July 29, 2016 06:46

Elmo Lewis
Randy hitting that high note at the end is the highlight of "Eagles Live". Great song.

Felder's book kind of suggested that note scared the hell out of Meisner every night so bad he hated singing the song but was forced to by Henley and Frey because it was so big at the time.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 30, 2016 01:44

Okay. Each to their own. This song is one of the ones that lead me to stop listening to the Eagles. I like their earlier stuff, but when they moved from country rock to yacht rock, I sailed in another direction.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 30, 2016 02:33

kovach
Elmo Lewis

Felder's book kind of suggested that note scared the hell out of Meisner every night so bad he hated singing the song but was forced to by Henley and Frey because it was so big at the time.

Yes, it caused lots of friction.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: July 30, 2016 06:15

dmay
Okay. Each to their own. This song is one of the ones that lead me to stop listening to the Eagles. I like their earlier stuff, but when they moved from country rock to yacht rock, I sailed in another direction.

Hey, I'm not saying I don't like it, I love it! Just saying it was one of those win-lose situations.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1749
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home