Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
SanJose 1999 No Security show
Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: July 7, 2016 08:03

Is this the next release in the From The Vault
Series?

Re: SanJose 1999 No Security show
Posted by: Ale67 ()
Date: July 7, 2016 10:34

artinis1
Series?

I hope not. Good tour, but we all know in the vaults there are so many greater gems...

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: July 7, 2016 11:40

Ale67
artinis1
Series?

I hope not. Good tour, but we all know in the vaults there are so many greater gems...
Like what, exactly? I can really only think of one thing that I KNOW is in the vaults and that is the MSG 1969 footage and the Fonda SF show. What other amazing nuggets (especially video) are out (or in as the case may be) there?

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: July 7, 2016 12:00

I hope so. I always hated that we never got any official video from this tour.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 7, 2016 12:53

Bring it on! I was there.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 7, 2016 13:19

Bring me the Fonda first!

After that: sure, San Jose... why not.

And then El Mocambo!

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: July 7, 2016 14:02

Knebworth 76....

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 7, 2016 14:24

I vote in favor of San jose from the No Security tour 1999 ,i also do want the Fonda show next .

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: July 7, 2016 15:15

El Mocambo was not filmed, the BBC recorded over the rest of knebworth so we only have one hour of it...I have heard San Jose will be the next Vault release.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: July 7, 2016 15:34

When can we expect a new from the vault release? With the new album coming up in the fall.

Date: July 7, 2016 16:11

shawnriffhard1
Ale67
artinis1
Series?

Like what, exactly? I can really only think of one thing that I KNOW is in the vaults and that is the MSG 1969 footage and the Fonda SF show. What other amazing nuggets (especially video) are out (or in as the case may be) there?

Personally, I'm dreaming about the legendary club shows, some of them real Holy Grails never surfaced in any form:

El Mocambo 1977 (complete)
Sir Morgan's Cove 1981
100 Club London 1982
Ian Stewart tribute, 100 Club London 1986
Bagley Warehouse, London 1995
The Horseshoe Tavern Toronto 1997
Portchester 1997 MTV Show (complete)
Shepherd's Bush 1999

These would make the difference, instead of common shows, surely good but full of the usual warhorses, repeated ad libitum without any emotion

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: July 7, 2016 16:21

Ale67
shawnriffhard1
Ale67
artinis1
Series?

Personally, I'm dreaming about the legendary club shows, some of them real Holy Grails never surfaced in any form:

Sir Morgan's Cove 1981
100 Club London 1982
I have never heard of any of these performances being filmed. Does anyone have any knowledge of any video of these?

Date: July 7, 2016 16:32

shawnriffhard1
Ale67
shawnriffhard1
Ale67
artinis1
Series?

Sir Morgan's Cove 1981
100 Club London 1982
I have never heard of any of these performances being filmed. Does anyone have any knowledge of any video of these?

There was a rumour about McCartney filming the 100 Club show, but I don't know if that is true.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 7, 2016 16:40

Yes!! Bring it on is right!

Date: July 7, 2016 17:02

shawnriffhard1
Ale67
shawnriffhard1
Ale67
artinis1
Series?

Sir Morgan's Cove 1981
100 Club London 1982

I'm afraid not... but, you know, they were/are the Stones, maybe someone filmed or recorded something.
Problem would be processing, mixing, etc...

Date: July 7, 2016 17:10

Date: July 7, 2016 17:15

Just hope that the BPI and Police won't raid his house(s) now and confiscate the tape after reading this...

Date: July 7, 2016 17:19

alimente

Just hope that the BPI and Police won't raid his house(s) now and confiscate the tape after reading this...

If things have been quiet for 8 years, since it was posted here, I guess he'll be fine smiling smiley

Date: July 7, 2016 17:22

DandelionPowderman
alimente

If things have been quiet for 8 years, since it was posted here, I guess he'll be fine smiling smiley

Well, my conspiracy theory detector says it's possible that it actually happened but never went public though.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 7, 2016 19:16

Yeah, Macca the bootlegger! Hope he used professional gear and it's in excellent quality. But really, I'm hoping San Jose '99 will come out and soon. Love the No Security Tour.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 7, 2016 19:55

Ale67
shawnriffhard1
Ale67
artinis1
Series?

Sir Morgan's Cove 1981
100 Club London 1982
Shepherd's Bush 1999

These would make the difference, instead of common shows, surely good but full of the usual warhorses, repeated ad libitum without any emotion

Are any of those professionally filmed?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: July 7, 2016 21:09

What about any paris show from 1976? I belive there is footage from all whows which can make it into a vaults release.

Date: July 7, 2016 21:20

JumpingKentFlash
Ale67
shawnriffhard1
Ale67
artinis1
Series?

Sir Morgan's Cove 1981
100 Club London 1982
Shepherd's Bush 1999

The MTV show was.

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: July 7, 2016 21:25

Wasn't the Les Abattories show shot by Freddie Hauser?

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: July 7, 2016 21:25

I hope so...it was filmed as well.
I was at both shows, and they were absolutely stunning in performance and sound. To be in the audience and see songs performed for the first time is just a great thrill for fans like me. Set lists have a lot of songs to choose from.

Moonlight Mile
Some Girls
You Got the Silver
I Got The Blues
Thief In The Night
Route 66
Get Off My Cloud
Out of Control...best live versions

The best version of the band in the modern era...I mean they played like 60some different songs on that tour alone...and played them well.

Date: July 7, 2016 21:42

eduardoacdc
What about any paris show from 1976? I belive there is footage from all whows which can make it into a vaults release.

I have heard that a Paris '76 box set is coming out next year!

Date: July 7, 2016 21:44

JumpingKentFlash
Ale67
shawnriffhard1
Ale67
artinis1
Series?

Sir Morgan's Cove 1981
100 Club London 1982
Shepherd's Bush 1999

I have heard that Shepherd's Bush might be a bonus feature on the San Jose '99 No Security DVD!

Date: July 7, 2016 23:18

eduardoacdc

Paris 1976 would make the most sense for the next vault release. It will be an anniversary package.
It seems all the vault releases are concerts which were either television specials at their time or broadcasts.
I am not sure about all of the vault releases but it seems they are trying to release concerts which are heavily bootlegged. Certainly there is a market for Stones fans like me who would rather have an official release instead of a bootleg

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 8, 2016 00:05

We might be shocked by what could exist out there. Did anyone have an idea that Roundhay Park '82 was fully filmed from the arena video monitors? We've still got Atlantic City from '89, that would probably be more fun to watch than Live At The Max.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home