Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Rita Coolidge memior
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 28, 2016 18:03

Great article. I'll be looking for this at the library.

[nodepression.com]

Re: OT: Rita Coolidge memior
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 28, 2016 18:27

Her complaint that she co-wrote Clapton's LAYLA with no credit reminds me of Carly Simon's complaint she co-wrote TILL THE NEXT GOODBYE with no credit.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 28, 2016 19:26

Horrible story about Delaney beating up Bonnie.

Sad as it is, though, it doesn't change the fact that Delaney & Bonnie are long-overdue to be inducted into the RNR HoF.

Short as their time was together, they did some incredible things (Check out [www.youtube.com] from the live album with Eric Clapton, produced by our pal Jimmy Miller.) More than that, they were influential

And if the Hall inducted "Delaney & Bonnie and Friends," it would include their backing band, with Whitlock, Radle and Gordon who went on to Derek and the Dominos, plus Bobby Keyes and Jim Price, Jim Kelter,AND Billy Preston.

And Rita.

In other words, people who performed on classic records that have been played and played and played on FM radio every single day for over 40 years!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-28 19:28 by loog droog.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 28, 2016 19:29

The first few Rita Coolidge albums are classic early 70s MOP pop/rock. Nice to cruise to.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 29, 2016 00:28

I don't think the Hall will be inducting Jim Gordon anytime soon somehow.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: April 29, 2016 02:15

Gordon is who took credit for the piano coda and that is who was given writing credit. Clapton had to argue to get Gordon that credit.

Coolidge's beef should be with Gordon, who if Coolidge really had anything to do with the piano coda, Gordon should have given her credit for that. We all know why Coolidge isn't barking up that tree - Gordon is in the looney bin.

Whether she helped Gordon with that piano coda or not I don't know but I m calling total BS on Coolidge wanting to say she has a beef with EC.

Heck, no one in the band wanted that stinking piano ending anyway tacked on to the song. Bobby Whitlock hated it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2135
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home