Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

In conversation with Ronnie Wood 28th april
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 21, 2016 11:04

[www.eventbrite.co.uk]
In Conversation with Ronnie Wood
Join us for an exclusive evening with Tusk's longest-standing patron Ronnie Wood.
The legendary guitarist with the Rolling Stones is inviting Tusk supporters to an intimate reception, talk and auction on Thursday 28th April at Ham Yard Hotel in its fun, 'urban village' setting in the heart of London's Soho when he will give a very personal insight of his love of Africa, wildlife and art.

To mark the occasion Ronnie has also very kindly created 15 limited edition double sided relief bronze sculptures of a rhino standing on a slate base (59cm x 44cm x 15cm). This special piece depicts ‘Spike’, the rhino Ronnie adopted and named during a visit to the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, Kenya.
If you would like more information about the bronzes being produced to support Tusk or the event, please contact adele@tusk.org. One edition of the bronze will be auctioned on the night and there will also be a unique opportunity to acquire some rare rock memorabilia.
Ticket Price: £75 + Booking Fee of £5.21 (£80.21)

Re: In conversation with Ronnie Wood 28th april
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 21, 2016 17:07

Cool event!

Who's going?

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: April 21, 2016 17:11

Gosh I wish I could go. rhinos are near and dear to my heart. Ronnie cares. nice chap

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 29, 2016 15:58

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 29, 2016 15:59

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 29, 2016 16:42

He's so cool.
>grinning smiley<

Ronnie Wood In Conversation - London - 28 April 2016.
Posted by: Ronnierocks ()
Date: April 29, 2016 13:04

Thursday 28 April 2016....7.pm to 10pm
In Conversation with RONNIE WOOD at The Ham Yard Hotel, Denman Street, London, W1.
Around 200 guests here in the basement area where their cosy private cinema is.
Most of them have paid £75 to be here which is to raise funds for wildlife charity TUSK.
Mainly supporters of TUSK and just a handful of Rolling Stones fans.
Pop opera singer Katherine Jenkins and her husband are here.
Complimentary champers,wines and canapés reception before the event and
champers and wines after the event.
Sadly Ronnie did not mingle with the crowd at all during the evening and stayed backstage.
8.05pm-We all took our seats in the cinema and had a 5 mins video presentation from TUSK.
8.10pm to 8.50pm-Ronnie Wood takes to the stage for a chat with the guy from TUSK.
Ronnie has been a supporter of TUSK for over 20 years and has been to Kenya with them.
The conversation was a mix of Ronnie's love for animals and wildlife along with talking
about drawing and painting for over 40 years and a few bits relating to his music career.
We had some photos and video clips on the big screen.
8.50pm to 9pm-There was a short audience Q & A but all the questions were TUSK related on
to how to protect and care for the animals better and putting more security on to stop poachers.
9pm to 9.20pm-Rugby player Martin Bayfield did an entertaining job for the auction as
Ronnie and his wife Sally sat in the front row.
Just a few Ronnie related items but the total selling price was £61,000.
I have been asked by the pr to mention both tonight's sponsor's who were
Lyceum Capital and Justerini & Brooks who supplied the drinks.
See my website [www.raysgigs.com] for more reviews.
Visit the TUSK website for more info.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-29 22:26 by bv.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1567
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home