Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Anybody Seen My Baby from BA-1 2016 on Youtube
Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: February 10, 2016 14:12

Anybody Seen My...South American Train Wreck?

I LOVE THE STONES. I AM NOT TROLLING HERE. But good Lord this is bad. Maybe Mick was having some technical difficulties?

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 14:42 by bv.

Re: Anybody Seen My...South American Train Wreck?
Date: February 10, 2016 14:21

You can see him frenetically adjusting his in-ear-monitor. The poor guy didn't hear anything, and had to go to Bernard to find his pitch.

As the true pro he is, he made the rendition beautiful anyway, eventually thumbs up

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 10, 2016 14:27

Yes it doesn't sound great but the recording device used may also not help getting a proper sound mix of the band's performance.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Date: February 10, 2016 14:36

There is a better recording of the beginning of the track (where he had problems) in the La Plata-thread.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 10, 2016 14:37

The answer is: yes, he was having technical difficulties. If they ever do it again we'll hopefully see how good they are if everything works. And as it was apparently a hit in South America they might have another go, although they are always reluctant to try again if they've had a trainwreck with a rarity.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 10, 2016 14:42

Here's one where it doesn't matter what the Mick is singing :E

[www.youtube.com]

(The song starts around 1:20)

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 10, 2016 14:48

No one at La Plata noticed or cared.

Re: Anybody Seen
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 10, 2016 14:50

I wouldn't call it a train wreck anyway - they get it on track and keep it there.
So the start was a bit wonky - it's here and then it's gone.

Date: February 10, 2016 14:51

It was a good version, imo, but Mick's singing was a bit awkward in the beginning – much like 2000 LYFH at Glastonbury. That was a good version as well.

Keep on playing them!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 10, 2016 15:17

It was Ronnie's solo that got the song back on track.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 10, 2016 15:25

The begining was quite bad, but it got much better after a while! Anybody Seen My Baby is GREAT crowd singalong track, I remember that on B2B tour most people loved it and sang on the top of their lungs. They should've done this more often. They should also bring back Saint Of Me - the endless "oh, yeah" crowd singalong is always fantastic!!!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 10, 2016 15:30

Cool version actually. Agree that the ending, after Ronnie's solo, is sounding better. The crowd is clearly into it.

She was more than beautiful
Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: February 10, 2016 15:37

From what can be heard in the various clips, I can only conclude this was a real crowd pleaser.
But then again, anything pleased the crowd in Argentina that I night, I believe.
It was a good idea to add the guitar solo to this song. I love what Ronnie does to the song.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: February 10, 2016 15:45

Hope they play it again along with Saint Of Me.

Re: She was more than beautiful
Date: February 10, 2016 15:51

marcovandereijk
From what can be heard in the various clips, I can only conclude this was a real crowd pleaser.
But then again, anything pleased the crowd in Argentina that I night, I believe.
It was a good idea to add the guitar solo to this song. I love what Ronnie does to the song.

Yeah, I liked the solo. And playing the riff again in the ending was a good idea that worked very well, too.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 10, 2016 16:15

It was one of the best songs of the first show, the crowd loved it, the only surprise of the night.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 10, 2016 16:36

This song is a KD Lang steal. "Constant Craving", a great song by the way, is the model for the steal. Fortunatelly Sir Michael and Keith acknowledged this in hindsight and Lang was credited as a songwriter.
However the original, Constant Craving, is the real deal and "ASMB" the poor imitation.

Re: She was more than beautiful
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 10, 2016 16:38

DandelionPowderman
marcovandereijk

Yeah, I liked the solo. And playing the riff again in the ending was a good idea that worked very well, too.

thumbs upthumbs up

Date: February 10, 2016 16:40

Stoneage
This song is a KD Lang steal. "Constant Craving", a great song by the way, is the model for the steal. Fortunatelly Sir Michael and Keith acknowledged this in hindsight and Lang was credited as a songwriter.
However the original, Constant Craving, is the real deal and "ASMB" the poor imitation.

It was Keith, and the legend said that he wanted Mick to pay off his share of the royalties grinning smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 10, 2016 16:50

Yes Dandy, since it was a "Mick song" Keith probably thought that was the right way to go...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 10, 2016 16:50

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

It was Keith, and the legend said that he wanted Mick to pay off his share of the royalties grinning smiley

Good luck with that! winking smiley. I remember at the time KD Lang said she was pleasantly surprised to be given a credit. Sensible Pre-emptive action by the Stones there. Probably influenced by the grief Mick got from some reggae artist over 'Just another night'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-10 16:52 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 10, 2016 17:05

That crowd is hilarious. Oh oh oh oh ohhhh... they even woo hoo hoo that guitar bit before the 'saw her on Mercer street' bit.

This tune is just like Love Is Strong - it just doesn't work live strictly because of the vocal range of the studio version: it doesn't carry over live.

The crowd is incredibly out of tune! HA HA!

That's a nice touch, the South American cities, in the, ahem, spoken word part.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 10, 2016 17:19

This is a song where you really need help from the background singers. Keep playing it I say. It's funny how we complain about stale set lists and then they bring out a rarely played song it it gets attacked….lol. Plus the crowd is out of tune(geez), (or possibly finely juiced!!)

Date: February 10, 2016 17:22

I'm a terrible singer, and I can sing it! Of course Mick can do it if he puts a little effort into it..

In fact, if he does exactly what he does on Out of Control, it will be very good.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: February 10, 2016 19:36

Actually, it is a great version! They clearly interact with each other in the song. Great recovery and I totally like it! Very nice to see how Ronnie and Keith pick it up to help Mick. Very good solo by Ronnie. It's live music and accidents happen, but they recover in the song as only The Stones can. All are in good shape musically. Who would have thought that in 2016. Amazing really. The crowd loved it and so do I. Deserves to be played more often this tour.

Date: February 11, 2016 00:19

Not as much of a train wreck as SFTD!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 11, 2016 00:29

GasLightStreet
Not as much of a train wreck as SFTD!

[www.youtube.com]

Did you check out Keith's playing toward the end on SFM? That must be some kind of record in consistently playing in the wrong key for a long period of time grinning smiley

Date: February 11, 2016 00:31

I haven't! I need to find it!

Date: February 11, 2016 00:33

This one?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 11, 2016 00:38

i like wrecks and i like south american trains.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 00:40 by Natlanta.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1722
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home