Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones on football yesterday!!
Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 19:45

Mick sure knows we're a football country, and yesterday he made a few comments:

He talk about the two La Plata teams (Estudiantes de la Plata and Gimnasia y Esgrima), who played a friendly match which ended on a battle between players. That's why he said "hope today will be a friendly match, because today WE'RE LOCALS!!"

When he introduce the band

Ronnie: "El loco Gatti de la guitarra". Gatti was a Boca Juniors goalkeeper nicknamed "crazy / madmen", he used to stay outside the penaly area, as if he was a defender!! He also have a classical "skill" which was called "La de Dios" (God's one), he put on his knees as if he was praying, to put some nerves. Also, there is a famous history when a young Maradona playing for Argentinos Juniors and Gatti on Boca, and Gatti said "this little fat guy couldn't make a goal", and Diego made 4 goals that day!!
Wikipedia entry

Charlie: "Alfredo DiStefano de la baterĂ­a" (Alfredo Distefano was one of the great names in Football history, associated with River Plate and Real Madrid)

Wikipedia Entry

Local note on the issue: http://tn.com.ar/deportes/after-play/mick-jagger-le-metio-un-poco-de-futbol-al-show-de-los-rolling-stones-hoy-somos-locales-nosotros_652004

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 19:54 by dandelion1967.

Re: Stones on football yesterday!!
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 11, 2016 23:05

Yeah, he usually makes some local references, often about sport teams.

Re: Stones on football yesterday!!
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 11, 2016 23:31

Right, you tell football fans from Brazil about Mick Jagger winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1664
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home