Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Two more classics Stones to be released on SACD in September
Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: February 17, 2012 01:54

GetYerAngie
Has anyone heard the Black and Blue sacd?
I have and it sounds great. It's very dynamic with realistic cymbal crashes and everything you'd expect. I highly doubt there's a better version available anywhere, although I didn't do many comparisons.
GetYerAngie
I'm especially interested in Melody, which I think was treated rather badly in the UM-remasters.
Melody sounds absolutely perfect. It's sonically the best song on the album (and arguably their entire catalog), along with Hot Stuff.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 17, 2012 12:46

FreeBird
GetYerAngie
Has anyone heard the Black and Blue sacd?
I have and it sounds great. It's very dynamic with realistic cymbal crashes and everything you'd expect. I highly doubt there's a better version available anywhere, although I didn't do many comparisons.
GetYerAngie
I'm especially interested in Melody, which I think was treated rather badly in the UM-remasters.
Melody sounds absolutely perfect. It's sonically the best song on the album (and arguably their entire catalog), along with Hot Stuff.

Thanks a lot, FreeBird! I will look forward to a perfect version of Melody (your discription of the song is really spot on). That song very soon became a favourite of mine, when B&B was released and has been ever since.

Date: February 17, 2012 13:19

Toru A
kowalski
Why the sad face for Some Girls?

Undercover on SACD should be great.

November-Live in Texas
December-Some Girls DX
January-Some Girls SACD

I wonder how much I've spent for Some Girls so far.grinning smiley

I have just received the SG SACD today and must say that it marvellous!

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: February 17, 2012 17:40

ER a "classic"? You sure 'bout that?

Date: February 19, 2012 22:49

GetYerAngie
Thanks a lot, FreeBird! I will look forward to a perfect version of Melody (your discription of the song is really spot on). That song very soon became a favourite of mine, when B&B was released and has been ever since.
Enjoy! I think you'll like this disc a lot. I know I'm glad I bought it. smiling smiley

Date: March 3, 2012 20:05

Thanks! I've just received it today. It really sounds fabulous. And the rest of B&B too.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 4, 2012 01:39

GetYerAngie
Thanks! I've just received it today. It really sounds fabulous. And the rest of B&B too.

Good catch!
Enjoy.winking smiley

Date: March 8, 2012 00:21

GetYerAngie
I'm glad you like it. smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 8, 2012 00:43

I have a question that I hope is not too far off topic. Just purchased a Sony Blu Ray player that can play SACD's...specifically, the 2002 ABKCO SACD series.

Sounds FAB.

What I'd like to know, is HOW do I know it is actually accessing the SACD layer, and not the redbook layer (I think that's what it's called, the normal CD layer).

What I'm wondering is am I just appreciating the great remastering job on regular CD, or am I in fact listening to SACD. How does one know?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 8, 2012 02:04

What I'm wondering is am I just appreciating the great remastering job on regular CD, or am I in fact listening to SACD. How does one know?

Bill Wyman's bass sound makes the difference (among other things).

Date: March 8, 2012 02:37

kowalski

Bill Wyman's bass sound makes the difference (among other things).

OK, thanks for that kowalski...I'll listen through a regular CD player and then the BD.

Doesn't appear there would be any way to tell for sure. Would the BD player be programmed to search for the SACD layer first? DAMN Hybrid!

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 8, 2012 03:19

treaclefingers
I have a question that I hope is not too far off topic. Just purchased a Sony Blu Ray player that can play SACD's...specifically, the 2002 ABKCO SACD series.

Sounds FAB.

What I'd like to know, is HOW do I know it is actually accessing the SACD layer, and not the redbook layer (I think that's what it's called, the normal CD layer).

I have downloaded a manual from Sony site supposing that you bought BDP-S480.

1.Music Settings
Check if you set {Super Audio CD}. It is default setting.
It plays normal CD layer if you set {CD}.

2.Audio Settings - DSD Output Mode
Check if you set {Off}. Super Audio signals are output from Analog jacks(red and white RCA jack).
When {On} is selected, signals are output from HDMI Out jack.

3.Display information
No symbol is indicated on the display when it plays Super Audio CD.

Normally only analog signal is output from SACD player for copy protection.
However, this player can output digital signal through HDMI out. It's a rare type of product.

Hope this helps.winking smiley

Date: March 8, 2012 07:38

Toru A
treaclefingers

Sounds FAB.

I have downloaded a manual from Sony site supposing that you bought BDP-S480.

1.Music Settings
Check if you set {Super Audio CD}. It is default setting.
It plays normal CD layer if you set {CD}.

2.Audio Settings - DSD Output Mode
Check if you set {Off}. Super Audio signals are output from Analog jacks(red and white RCA jack).
When {On} is selected, signals are output from HDMI Out jack.

3.Display information
No symbol is indicated on the display when it plays Super Audio CD.

Normally only analog signal is output from SACD player for copy protection.
However, this player can output digital signal through HDMI out. It's a rare type of product.

Hope this helps.winking smiley

Wow, thanks for the detail Toru, I will go through the steps. Mine is the BDP-S380, not the 480.

I rationalized that I didn't need to spend the extra for the '3D' video, as I'll never use it anyway. Hope that won't make a difference! Thank you again, I appreciate it very much.

Date: March 8, 2012 23:08

treaclefingers

Sounds FAB.

Does it display the titles of the songs? It should if it's reading the SACD layer. The CD layer, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't contain CD Text.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home