Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Radio Interview with Glyn Johns
Posted by: BostonLass ()
Date: November 24, 2015 03:47

"Sound Man: A Life Recording Hits" has just been released in paperback ... so this chat. Glyn Johns interview - WAMC (Northeast Public Radio)

Re: Radio Interview with Glyn Johns
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 24, 2015 03:50

BostonLass
"Sound Man: A Life Recording Hits" has just been released in paperback ... so this chat. Glyn Johns interview - WAMC (Northeast Public Radio)

Cool!

How is it? What are some of the highlights for you? I'll listen later tonight but would love to have a sense of what to look forward to smiling smiley

Posted by: BostonLass ()
Date: November 24, 2015 04:13

swiss
BostonLass

Cool!

How is it? What are some of the highlights for you? I'll listen later tonight but would love to have a sense of what to look forward to smiling smiley

He reflects on changes in the music industry as "impresario type" producers and small independent labels have been swallowed up, talks about the nature of his creative collaboration with artists in the studio and how personal connections & recommendations helped build lasting partnerships. He's very deferential and gracious: "My job is to facilitate the artists."

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 24, 2015 12:34

Very worth listening to.

I loved an early bit when he recounted flying in to London from LA, going to (Abbey Road) to help The Beatles, then off to (Olympic) to help The Stones on "Let It Bleed" finally moving on to record Jimi playing live!

Not bad for a day's work!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 9, 2016 01:41

A new interview....

[www.soundopinions.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2500
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home