Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My acoustic guitar/voice arrangement of "As tears go by" using the original lyrics "As time goes by"
Posted by: waigy ()
Date: December 2, 2015 23:03

I've just uploaded my arrangement of "As tears go by".
I'm singing the original lyrics and title "As time goes by".
There's a link in the video description explaining the original lyrics.

video: [youtu.be]

Cheers

Craig

Re: My acoustic guitar/voice arrangement of "As tears go by" using the original lyrics "As time goes by"
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 2, 2015 23:07

Very nice Craig. thumbs up Cool video with the black on black too.

Re: My acoustic guitar/voice arrangement of "As tears go by" using the original lyrics "As time goes by"
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 2, 2015 23:50

Nice Taylor.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 3, 2015 13:37

well done , i was prepared to rip on this but then you blew me away with such a beautiful arrangment and such nice vocals .My compliments !!!!!! would like to hear you do Lady Jayne .

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: December 3, 2015 16:54

Brilliant! You looking for an agent?
thumbs upsmiling smiley

Date: December 3, 2015 16:56

Thanks for the comments people.

ROLLINGSTONE
Brilliant! You looking for an agent?
thumbs upsmiling smiley
No thanks, I'm happy just now playing at quiet folk clubs and acoustic sessions.

Date: December 3, 2015 16:58

More Hot Rocks
Nice Taylor.
In two weeks it will be exactly ten years since I bought my Taylor and it could still almost pass as new.
I keep it in it's case when I'm not playing it.
I still love it as much as the day I bought it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-03 19:19 by waigy.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 3, 2015 23:12

Nice......love your version of "After all" fit's better to your voice

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 4, 2015 00:14

Very nice cover. Beautiful guitar. Are you using fingerpicks or just fingers on the strings? Did you use any kind of app/program to help figure out the chords/note sequences?

Never knew Ms Sinatra did a cover of this. Here's a clip I found on utoob of her doing this. Nice light jazz version. Is this what you used? You gotta dig that the guitarist is using a Rickenbacher for the song.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: December 4, 2015 00:26

Really nice technique — a style of playing I could never really get my hands around, aside from a few Lindsey Buckingham riffs.

Kudos!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 4, 2015 00:39

Lovely, thanks for sharing. I like how you went from a folk arrangement at the beginning to a jazz arrangement. smiling smiley

Date: December 4, 2015 00:49

dmay
Very nice cover. Beautiful guitar. Are you using fingerpicks or just fingers on the strings? Did you use any kind of app/program to help figure out the chords/note sequences?
Thanks.

I use gel on my nails which is rock hard and about 1.5mm thick.
I mostly make up my own unique guitar arrangements, so I only use other versions of a song as a rough reference.
I can copy songs exactly note for note, but I much prefer making my own version.

My version of "Sittin' on a fence" video: [www.youtube.com] is based on the band Twice as much's version.
In my arrangement I'm sometimes playing what the oboe plays and the harpsichord, along with chords and a bassline.

I just try to get the overall feel of the song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-04 00:52 by waigy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home