Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T Cooder /White/ Skaggs
Posted by: bob r ()
Date: November 23, 2015 00:31

Just had the pleasure of catching this fantastic pairing of musical greats in concert: Ry Cooder, Gospel artist Sharon White and Bluegrass great Ricky Skaggs- they have formed a terrific band and just blew me away ! they performed Gospel, Country and rockin dance tunes from the 30's,40's and early 50's--- they were tremendous-- Cooder played at least a dozen different guitars throughout the evening plus banjo, Skaggs on mandolin and guitar, Sharon White on guitar and vocals, plus her Father on piano, her sister on backing vocals, a stand up Bass and Cooders son Joaquin on drums-- American roots music at its best !

Re: O/T Cooder /White/ Skaggs
Posted by: ndhan ()
Date: November 23, 2015 00:46

Where did this show happen? That's an impressive gathering!

LURKER NANCY

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 23, 2015 01:02

Sounds awesome Bob! What are they calling themselves and where did you see them? Thanks

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 23, 2015 01:03

Caught them at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival this year in San Francisco! An annual (free!) music festival in Golden Gate Park. Been going for several years and plan on going as long as I am able. Have enjoyed some great music there..

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 23, 2015 05:24

Saw this band two weeks ago at the Birchmere in Alexandria, Virginia. An evening of immaculately tasteful American roots music. My only complaint was that, at about 100 minutes, it could have been longer.

The night before this show, I saw Public Image Ltd in DC. It was definitely a 180 degree pendulum swing from PIL's "Religion" to Cooder White Scaggs's cover of "Cold Jordan."

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: November 23, 2015 11:04

Skaggs, Cooder & White from Telluride this summer here:

[btdev.etree.org]

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: November 23, 2015 12:35

Yeah-- saw here in Portland Maine a couple nights ago-- going by the name of Cooder-White-Skaggs... from what I gather they still have a few nights left on their tour and will pick it back up again after the 1st of the year--- I believe tour dates are on Ricky Skagg's website

Date: November 23, 2015 13:02

Yes, tour dates for Skaggs Family and together with Cooder here:

[www.rickyskaggs.com]

Can't find any cd; don't they have an album to promote??

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 23, 2015 13:26

i had the pleasure and honor of attending this most glorius evening of the most wonderfull music one week ago in Albany NY and what a treat it was !!!!!!!!!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: November 23, 2015 14:58

I have tickets for the show in Chicago. This gig looks like a lay up.

Date: November 28, 2015 22:25

The show from Albany is now on DIME:

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home