Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brand New Car?
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 26, 2015 01:00

This is driving (sorry) me crazy! I was walking down the street this afternoon, minding my own business, when I noticed a parked car with a Stones tongue logo on the licence plate. The Ontario licence plate!

I stopped. I dithered about taking a picture but thought it would look (and be) creepy. I scampered home and went to the website of the Licencing office.

Nothing. Not under Arts and Entertainment (only option there, and I kid thee not, was for the Ontario Square and Round Dance Federation). Nothing under Novelty, Special Events or Sports & Recreation. Not even under Heritage and Historical, which would have fit.

So. Who is driving around Toronto rubbing my nose in their Rolling Stones licence plate? Mr Cohl? Who, dammit!?!? Has anyone else seen these? Not sure if I want one - putting a Stones plate on a Subaru would be like belting out Born To Be Wild in a Civic (guilty). But I want to know that I CAN have one if I want... So, what gives?

Re: Brand New Car?
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: November 26, 2015 13:47

It may be an elaborate sting! 'They' (the dark forces operating within the system) knew where and when you'd be on a certain street, and strategically placed the eye-catching numberplate. In the hope, possibly, that you'd contemplate 'liberating' it for yourself, or, begin a campaign to discredit the Ontario Square and Round Dance Federation - have them banished from plates and the Stones moved in! They'd have you for libel; thus, beware the sting!

(I agree though Annie, pretty cool to have one; let us know how you get on!)

Date: November 26, 2015 17:02

(Now that I can't find it, I want one.)

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: November 26, 2015 19:38

Jeez, I thought this was about somebody wanting to give me a brand new car with a radio/tape cassette player and loads of Stones tapes.

I like the license plate concept, but me daughter came up with a Stones tongue logo idea for my RAV4 - have the Stones tongue painted onto the spare tire cover on the back of the RAV. Cool idea, but I know the cover would end up being stolen. So, it ain't happenin'.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 26, 2015 20:08

Maybe the owner will be kind enough to park it by Downsview Subway, so Big Al can have a butchers when he returns to his second home on December 19 cool smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 26, 2015 20:25

Maybe a decal?

Date: November 26, 2015 20:32

I don't think it was a decal - there was a space for it that wouldn't usually be there. Plus I don't think it would be legal. Parked behind Broadview subway station. Should I lurk to see if it returns? How frustrating! [Gnashing teeth]

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: November 27, 2015 02:52

yes definitely lurk.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 27, 2015 04:15

Was it just a regular Ontario plate? Where abouts was the tongue located? I live in BC but see a number of Ontario plates out here. I'm kind of thinking it was a sticker.

Date: November 27, 2015 04:29

It was a regular plate. 4 letters, space filled with tongue logo, 3 numbers... Didn't look like a sticker. You would think someone who likes the Stonss this much would hang out here, see this and and put me out of my misery...

Date: November 27, 2015 05:02

IrelandCalling4
It may be an elaborate sting! 'They' (the dark forces operating within the system) knew where and when you'd be on a certain street, and strategically placed the eye-catching numberplate. In the hope, possibly, that you'd contemplate 'liberating' it for yourself, or, begin a campaign to discredit the Ontario Square and Round Dance Federation - have them banished from plates and the Stones moved in! They'd have you for libel; thus, beware the sting!

(I agree though Annie, pretty cool to have one; let us know how you get on!)

Don't forget that 'they' have files on you that are six feet high...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 27, 2015 08:30

I thought you were trying to usurp one of Rene's TrackTalks.

Date: November 27, 2015 09:02

Not me, never usurped nuthin' in my life. Mom warned me.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 27, 2015 11:13

Snap a photo, blur out the numeros, and post here -- sounds cool!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-28 09:05 by swiss.

Posted by: ssprings ()
Date: November 27, 2015 23:03

For my first car, I got the vanity plate that read: TAT2U. I'm thinking of revitalizing it, but not sure that anyone would recognize it anymore.

...Misbred Grey Executive...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 27, 2015 23:45

Maybe it was a fake plate for a fuel drive-off .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 28, 2015 06:13

I've been interested too in how someone got a Stones tongue as one of the "letters" (seemingly) or spaces in their official, legitimate license plate.

~"Love is Strong"~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1474
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home