Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: ELO fans, Jeff Lynne has finally announced a tour!
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 13, 2015 14:31

For a massive fan like me, I've been waiting for this forever. Too young to have ever seen the band and unfortunately they've only played like 2 shows since 1985, one in America and one in Europe.

With his new album out, Jeff Lynne has finally announced a full European tour, with two "special shows" in the US (clearly revolving around promo for the new album). The two US shows go onsale this morning (I just found out late yesterday) and are a week from today. Not my ideal scenario, but I'll definitely try cause they've had bad luck touring the US in the past (their tour 15 years ago got cancelled due to low ticket sales) so if this is all they do I want to be there.

SPECIAL SHOWS

Friday, November 20, 2015 - Irving Plaza, New York

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - The Fonda, California

EUROPEAN 2016 TOUR

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 - Liverpool Echo Arena, Liverpool, UK

Thursday, April 7, 2016 - Nottingham Capital FM Arena, Nottingham, UK

Saturday, April 9, 2016 - Leeds First Direct Arena, Leeds, UK

Sunday, April 10, 2016 - Manchester Arena, Manchester, UK

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - SSE Hydro, Glasgow, UK

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - Genting Arena, Birmingham, UK

Sunday, April 17, 2016 - Genting Arena, Birmingham, UK

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - The O2, London, UK

Friday, April 22, 2016 - The O2, London, UK

Friday, April 29, 2016 - 3Arena, Dublin, Ireland

Sunday, May 1, 2016 - Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam-Zuidoost, Netherlands

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 - Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland

Thursday, May 5, 2016 - König-Pilsener-Arena, Oberhausen, Germany

Any other fans around here?

Re: OT: ELO fans, Jeff Lynne has finally announced a tour!
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 13, 2015 15:04

I've been a fan since they first started out but never seen them live.

They played a small hall a few days ago and also last night at a free BBC gig if you were lucky to get tix, but I wasn't.

Will be on BBC TV for a while on what they call the 'red button' over here.

Here's a couple of youtube clips from the other day. smileys with beer

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Here's a clip and a link on the right of the whole gig in audio that was at The BBC Radio Theatre last night. Sounds like it was a good gig. thumbs up

ELO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-13 15:33 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 13, 2015 16:22

Saw them on the Twilight tour, excellent.

Started off on a bad note though, had this little robot looking thing, kind of like R2D2 come out and announce the band, and it fell off a step in front and a couple of roadies had to come out and pick it up with a bunch of lights and stuff hanging out of it. :-)

Oh, special guests, right before they were huge, Hall and Oates!

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: November 13, 2015 16:37

Just got tix for the Sat at the o2! (Extra date added) Thanks for the heads up Rolling Freak!

thumbs up

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 13, 2015 16:44

Didn't John Lennon said when they ask him....how would the Beatles sounded if they were still together.....probably like ELO

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: November 13, 2015 16:50

Here's a link to last nights BBC FM broadcast on DIME:

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Jeff Lynne's ELO - Radio 2 In Concert

BBC Radio Theatre, London, England
November 12th 2015

Lineage - BBC Radio 2 FM broadcast > Harmon Kardon TU980 tuner > TEAC CDRW890 standalone CD recorder > WAV (EAC in secure mode) > FLAC (TLH @ level 8) > Dime

setlist

01 - Turn To Stone
02 - Evil Woman
03 - Showdown
04 - All Over The World
05 - When I Was A Boy
06 - Livin' Thing
07 - Strange Magic
08 - Don't Bring Me Down
09 - Steppin' Out
10 - When The Night Comes
11 - Sweet Talkin' Woman
12 - Ain't It A Drag
13 - Telephone Line
14 - Mr. Blue Sky

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 13, 2015 17:03

Didn't they played "Can't Get It Out Of My Head" one of my favorite confused smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 13, 2015 17:12

I'll be seeing the live 'outdoor mini concert' taping for the Jimmy Kimmel show Nov. 23 free thanks to the heads up alert from my friend Dan,.
Also will get a ticket (when they go on sale in a few hours) for the Fonda show.thumbs up

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 13, 2015 17:19

Shut out. Not surprised. Its too small a place, and Ticketmaster is already the worst place to get tickets for small gigs by known bands. I still have a page up that says "searching for tickets, 3 minutes" but its been up since 10 lol.

Date: November 13, 2015 18:03

RollingFreak
Shut out. Not surprised. Its too small a place, and Ticketmaster is already the worst place to get tickets for small gigs by known bands. I still have a page up that says "searching for tickets, 3 minutes" but its been up since 10 lol.

Hmmm...ticketmaster sucks sometimes. Keep trying.

The L.A. show is being sold via AXS which I think has that fun and wacky 'waiting room' experience...eye rolling smiley
Don't know what demand will be like for this show, but I'm ready and willing to give it a try.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: November 13, 2015 18:39

Never "got" them

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 13, 2015 18:41

What is the band lineup? How many original members?

Wondering if Bev Bevan or Roy Wood and Hugh McDowell make an appearance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-13 18:59 by The Sicilian.

Date: November 13, 2015 18:50

Hairball
I'll be seeing the live 'outdoor mini concert' taping for the Jimmy Kimmel show Nov. 23 free thanks to the heads up alert from my friend Dan,.
Also will get a ticket (when they go on sale in a few hours) for the Fonda show.thumbs up

WOW. Glad I checked out IORR before I went to the Mecum muscle car auction in Anaheim this morning. Guess I'll stick around till 10 to see if I can get a ticket. Hope to see you there my friend.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

"Rock and Roll is a nuclear blast of reality in a mundane world where no one is allowed to be magnificent" - Kim Foley

Date: November 13, 2015 19:22

Hey Scotty! Been awhile... San Diego Stones. thumbs up
Hoping for GA floor (if they have it), but no info yet on site about seating/standing situation....the countdown is on.cool smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 13, 2015 19:34

NICOS
Didn't they played "Can't Get It Out Of My Head" one of my favorite confused smiley

Love it! Probably won't go see them, but I might. It's probably my favorite ELO track as well, though they have many great ones. BTW, the Velvet Revolver cover of this one is great!

Date: November 13, 2015 20:10

Well that was painless and easy - was able to get two GA's not a prob at only $65 each.
Might have a spare for someone - will know soon.thumbs up

edit - looks like it already sold out within minutes...showing "no results found".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-13 20:15 by Hairball.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 13, 2015 20:38

meh - I guess I'd be mildly interested if he did a US tour. Wouldn't travel to see him, though.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 13, 2015 21:25

Another one from the BBC gig in London last night.

ELO..............When I was a Boy.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: November 14, 2015 02:16

Hairball
Well that was painless and easy - was able to get two GA's not a prob at only $65 each.

edit - looks like it already sold out within minutes...showing "no results found".

I tried to get one ticket, got right in through the waiting room (which never happens for me), got all the way to the end, clicked Complete Purchase and got to Step 7 of 6, (it said), but I don't think the purchase went through.
No email confirmation and nothing charged on my credit card.
If it had completely sold out before I even got into the purchase window I would not be nearly as frustrated as I am now. To have everything done and then have it f*** up somehow really, really, really sucks. I've been trying to reach "customer service" all day but no luck.
So, if you have an extra......please let me know.

Date: November 14, 2015 02:35

likecats
Hairball

I tried to get one ticket, got right in through the waiting room (which never happens for me), got all the way to the end, clicked Complete Purchase and got to Step 7 of 6, (it said), but I don't think the purchase went through.
If it had completely sold out before I even got into the purchase window I would not be nearly as frustrated as I am now. To have everything done and then have it f*** up somehow really, really, really sucks. I've been trying to reach "customer service" all day but no luck.

Sorry to hear that.
Yeah although I wrote "painless and easy", it was was a bit stressful for a couple minutes - then a sigh of relief.
The site was a bit glitchy for me as well...had to repeatedly click "steps" to move forward.
Wasn't even sure if anything fully confirmed until I looked at my account and it was listed.
Then about 10 minutes later received email confirmation.

If you give me your email, I will keep it until I know for sure.
You can post it here, or unhide it from your profile until I get it - then delete post or hide again once I have it. thumbs up

Date: November 14, 2015 02:41

Hairball
likecats
Hairball

Sorry to hear that.
Yeah although I wrote "painless and easy", it was was a bit stressful for a couple minutes - then a sigh of relief.
The site was a bit glitchy for me as well...had to repeatedly click "steps" to move forward.
Wasn't even sure if anything fully confirmed until I looked at my account and it was listed.
Then about 10 minutes later received email confirmation.

If you give me your email, I will keep it until I know for sure.
You can post it here, or unhide it from your profile until I get it - then delete post or hide again once I have it. thumbs up
Email unhidden! Thanks!

I was shut out when the Stones played there too, but in a way this is worse since I actually had a ticket until the very end.

Date: November 14, 2015 02:51

Zillions of people were shut out when the Stones played there - including myself dammit!sad smiley
Honestly didn't think this would have a similar demand and sell out so fast, but there you have it.
Maybe a 2nd show will be added?

Got your email saved now - you can re-hide it if you want.
Will know sooner rather than later if available.thumbs up

Date: November 14, 2015 03:31

Hairball
Zillions of people were shut out when the Stones played there - including myself dammit!sad smiley
Honestly didn't think this would have a similar demand and sell out so fast, but there you have it.

Sounds good. I finally reached customer service and the agent confirmed that there is no pending order for my name or credit card number.
I sent a message to AXS Guest Services that probably no one will read and I doubt they'll do anything for me.

: ELO fans, Jeff Lynne has finally announced a tour!
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 15, 2015 01:00

The historic/memorable show will be in his< Jeoff lynn> home town will be in birmingham.

Well known birmingham city football club fan is Jeoff.thumbs up

Re: : ELO fans, Jeff Lynne has finally announced a tour!
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 15, 2015 01:45

odean73
The historic/memorable show will be in his< Jeoff lynn> home town will be in birmingham.

Well known birmingham city football club fan is Jeoff.thumbs up

Totally agree. He's lived in California for decades yet his Brummie accent is remarkably intact. I really fancy a show and will probably look to pick up a ticket on the night at the O2. But Brum will be the gig to do due to the hometown factor.

Date: November 20, 2015 21:27

Hairball

So.....any chance you have that spare ticket? I didn't want to be a pest but it's only a few days away now.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 20, 2015 21:55

They've sold out 3 shows at the O2 and added a 4th on Monday. Got tickets for said show, on 26th April thumbs up

Still plenty of tickets for that show if anyone wants to go.

Date: November 21, 2015 01:00

likecats
Hairball

So.....any chance you have that spare ticket? I didn't want to be a pest but it's only a few days away now.

I was going to email you only if ticket became spare, sorry about any misunderstanding.
After reading what grzegorz67 - "They've sold out 3 shows at the O2 and added a 4th" - there's still hope for another show being added in L.A.
And if not at the Fonda, then perhaps the Forum or Staples Center - I now realize there is a huge demand to see this show.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: November 21, 2015 01:07

Good news smiling smiley

Date: November 21, 2015 01:55

Hairball
likecats
Hairball

I was going to email you only if ticket became spare, sorry about any misunderstanding.
After reading what grzegorz67 - "They've sold out 3 shows at the O2 and added a 4th" - there's still hope for another show being added in L.A.
And if not at the Fonda, then perhaps the Forum or Staples Center - I now realize there is a huge demand to see this show.

I reckoned it wasn't happening. I was just indulging one atom of hope.
Enjoy the show!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1187
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home