Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: R.I.P. Chef Paul Prudhomme
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 8, 2015 23:17

I know, a chef noted here on IORR? Should be. He helped turn the world or parts of it onto Cajun/Creole food. Gumbo, etouffee, jambalya and more. All part of the Voodoo Lounge that is N'awlin's cooking. Will be playing some Allen Toussaint, Dr. John, Neville Brothers today as I cook up a batch of seafood jambalaya in Chef Paul's memory. Find yourself a copy of "Chef Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen" and start from there exploring New Orleans/Lousiana cooking. The Creole sauce is a killer. Bon appetit.

Re: OT: R.I.P. Chef Paul Prudhomme
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 8, 2015 23:30

dmay
I know, a chef noted here on IORR? Should be. He helped turn the world or parts of it onto Cajun/Creole food. Gumbo, etouffee, jambalya and more. All part of the Voodoo Lounge that is N'awlin's cooking. Will be playing some Allen Toussaint, Dr. John, Neville Brothers today as I cook up a batch of seafood jambalaya in Chef Paul's memory. Find yourself a copy of "Chef Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen" and start from there exploring New Orleans/Lousiana cooking. The Creole sauce is a killer. Bon appetit.

Yum!!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 8, 2015 23:32

Cook Cook Blues .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 9, 2015 00:58

Sad news - probably the first time I ever heard of "Blackened Fish" was from Paul Prudhomme.

RIP.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 9, 2015 01:44

I've used Chef Prudhomme's line "Spice Magic" for years ...

R.I.P.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 9, 2015 02:04

dmay
...N'awlin's cooking.

How did you get N'awlin's from New Orleans? I don't know anyone that lives in New Orleans anywhere along the Gulf Coast that says N'awlins (a first to ever see it spelled as N'awlin's)!!!!

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: October 9, 2015 02:13

GasLightStreet
dmay
...N'awlin's cooking.

How did you get N'awlin's from New Orleans? I don't know anyone that lives in New Orleans anywhere along the Gulf Coast that says N'awlins (a first to ever see it spelled as N'awlin's)!!!!

I assume you're being facetious.

Olly.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 9, 2015 02:15

Just my backa*s way of spelling the city name the way it can sound. From the Urban Dictionary:

N'awlins
The first sign that you are a tourist is if you pronounce New Orleans as N'awlins. Locals actually pronounce the city name as New Awlins. People from other cities hear N'awlins because of the way locals drag out and connect their words. Most locals actually hate hearing people say N'awlins or New Or-Leans.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 9, 2015 02:21

GasLightStreet
dmay
...N'awlin's cooking.

Out of curiosity, I just googled 'N'awlins' and the first link is the definition from the Urban Dictionary:

'The first sign that you are a tourist is if you pronounce New Orleans as N'awlins. Locals actually pronounce the city name as New Awlins.
People from other cities hear N'awlins because of the way locals drag out and connect their words.
Most locals actually hate hearing people say N'awlins or New Or-Leans'

"I'm going to N'awlins for Mardi Gras"!

Ironically, third link down on the google list is a restaurant in New Orleans called N’awlins Cafe and Spice Emporium.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 9, 2015 02:49

Hairball
GasLightStreet
dmay
...N'awlin's cooking.

Out of curiosity, I just googled 'N'awlins' and the first link is the definition from the Urban Dictionary:

'The first sign that you are a tourist is if you pronounce New Orleans as N'awlins. Locals actually pronounce the city name as New Awlins.
People from other cities hear N'awlins because of the way locals drag out and connect their words.
Most locals actually hate hearing people say N'awlins or New Or-Leans'

"I'm going to N'awlins for Mardi Gras"!

Ironically, third link down on the google list is a restaurant in New Orleans called N’awlins Cafe and Spice Emporium.

Obviously a business owned by a tourist. lol Reminds me of how quickly you can spot a tourist in San Francisco by their naming the city "Frisco".

RIP Mr. Prudhomme. We've got one of his cookbooks in our library and I will try to make something up in his honor. Love that cajun cooking!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 9, 2015 03:24

Terminal heartburn,apparently.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 9, 2015 05:23

GasLightStreet
(a first to ever see it spelled as N'awlin's)!!!!

That's similar to The Rolling Stone's

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: October 9, 2015 14:14

Made a point of going to K Paul's every time I was in the Big Easy! R.I.P.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 9, 2015 16:03

Sounds like a friend to Mr Winterbottom...R.I.P. Chef Paul

2 1 2 0

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2049
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home