Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Kraftwerk
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: October 5, 2015 04:19

I saw the band Kraftwerk (in 3D!) last night in Boston. AMAZING show. I knew more 'about' them, than I knew of them over the years. I'm a huge Bowie fan, so of course I knew about their influence, but somehow I never actually listened to much of their music over the years. Let's just say -I 'get it' now. This was such a cool show - the graphics/video that went along perfectly with each song was truly mind blowing. And I'm not especially a fan of Electronic Dance Music, but these guys somehow make it really enjoyable. Only a few more US shows, and then I believe they do some more in Europe. See them if you can. Phenomenal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-05 04:20 by DEmerson.

Re: OT: Kraftwerk
Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: October 5, 2015 04:27

Less than zero interest.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: October 5, 2015 08:25

They are fantastic. Not an electronica-fan as such, but Kraftwerk is really something else. Incredible pioneers in music.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 5, 2015 08:43

I wonder what Keith would say about Kraftwerk. winking smiley I remember rejecting them at one time long ago but I've got a more open mind these days. Perhaps you could post something that moves you from them to give us a better chance at "getting" them too. Thanks.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 5, 2015 09:20

I thought they were just some kind of wacky novelty act when I first heard Fun Fun Fun on the Autobahn in the mid-70s. Then Bowie's Low came out and I began to think of electronic music differently. Guitar based music had pretty much burnt out. Now Kraftwerk are seen as true pioneers. They should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: October 5, 2015 09:31

I saw the same show this year, one of the best concerts in my life. Absolutely amazing.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 5, 2015 10:07

Fantastic music and group. If you believe music music doesn't need to evolve then I can understand you not liking them. But they certainly have enriched my music listening experience.

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: October 5, 2015 14:36

Big fan - first saw them in 1975 at The Liverpool Empire - only around 250 people there (as I recall) - with folk singer Aj Webber supporting (strangely - but excellent)
Autobahn was/had been in the charts, we had liked the song and Roxy Music were sold out so we spent our savings on Kraftwerk instead...good decision...
Ralf & Florian on keyboards, synths etc with Wolfgang Flur & Karl Bartos on 'electronic' drums with sticks on wires - plus a projector for the 'videos'...mindblowing!
Fantastic then - and a real eye opener; seen them once each decade since (missing out so far this decade) - always different, new and great to see.
Only one other band I have seen in every decade since the 70's...oh, you guessed... winking smiley

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: October 5, 2015 14:57

24FPS
I thought they were just some kind of wacky novelty act when I first heard Fun Fun Fun on the Autobahn in the mid-70s. Then Bowie's Low came out and I began to think of electronic music differently. Guitar based music had pretty much burnt out. Now Kraftwerk are seen as true pioneers. They should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

It's 'Fahren, Fahren, Fahren auf die Autobahn'. And they were inducted into RRHOF last year...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 5, 2015 15:57

Blueranger

It's 'Fahr´n, Fahr´n, Fahr´n auf der Autobahn'.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I have got tickets for Hamburg in November.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 7, 2015 01:39

My wife and I saw the 3D show last year in DC. It was all that and the bag of chips! You'd think that four guys in skinsuits standing behind lecterns fiddling with laptops for two hours wouldn't be very interesting. But you would be wrong. It was an audio-visual spectacular.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1729
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home