Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Performance, James Fox comments
Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: September 3, 2015 18:07

Re: Performance, James Fox comments
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 3, 2015 23:29

Fox says "Mick and Anita were entering a relationship"...a polite way to put it.
Thanks, Carnaby.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 4, 2015 03:53

Why else would Keith PARK outside of the studio when Mick & Anita were filming? What stopped it from going forward?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 4, 2015 13:27

Anita has always denied that she and Mick had a sexual r'ship, but here James Fox confirms it.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 4, 2015 19:08

Thanks for posting. The article has some tidbits I had never heard before such as the Warner exec's wife throwing up at a early screening. Certainly a bad sign...

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: September 4, 2015 19:20

Well, Fox says only that he 'thinks' Mick and Anita they were 'entering a relationship.' Nothing here where he explains why he thought that way. Also the fact that he felt they were trying to shock him to me indicates that Mick and Anita did not take whatever they were doing seriously (perhaps Fox was/is naive when he made film or not knowledgeable at all about the Stones world when he made these remarks).

As far as the film goes, it does have atmosphere (especially the early part of the film) but it is mostly incoherent and unconvincing (I'll never buy into Jagger being a gangster or a gangster turning into a rock star).

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 5, 2015 13:23

I wasn't in London in the late 60s but I am surprised at the connection between hippies and gangsters, and that the film makers think the audience can relate to this. I know a lot about hippies but have never had any interest in gangsters or their culture. I don't see any overlap, apart from people dealing marijuana. It's a separate world.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1764
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home