Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith Songs for the Remaining Shows
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 2, 2015 19:43

So far, the only show to get a different Keith song, beside BTMMR and Happy, was Slipping Away in San Diego.. If he played another I missed it...

While I love BTMMR and Happy, I would love to see a song or two make an appearance before this tour is over..

My wish listsad smileyin order of preference)
Salt of the Earth
You Got the Silver
Little T&A

And a duet with Mick on Memory Motel!!

If one of those songs gets played in the last three shows, it would make me very Happy.

Re: Keith Songs for the Remaining Shows
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 2, 2015 19:50

i totally agree. usually he mixes things up more, i wish he would.

*however*, wow Happy and BTMMR sounded amazing last night. he and the band are definitely putting energy into nailing these songs.

little t & a is high on my list, as is all about you (even though i know it would be tough to do)

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 2, 2015 19:58

Wishful thinking which I agree with, You Got the Silver and Little T & A would be awesome. But unfortunately I think Keith songs in 2015 are probably the biggest risk in the set these days and since he is nailing BTMMR and Happy, even getting better on them, pretty sure this is what we can expect for the rest of the tour.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: July 2, 2015 20:27

I don't get it. Keith had half a dozen or so songs in rotation in Europe last summer. I caught You Got The Silver and Can't Be Seen in Stockholm.

It was disappointing seeing BTMMR and Happy repeated at the Pittsburgh and Milwaukee shows I just saw, especially with Buddy Guy present in Milwaukee. I used Happy as my piss break song in Milwaukee.

They should have a Keith song fan vote too.

Little T&A

Salt Of The Earth

Coming Down Again

Connection

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 2, 2015 20:28

What about Thru And Thru?
I love the 2002 version.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 2, 2015 20:33

Javadave
I don't get it. Keith had half a dozen or so songs in rotation in Europe last summer. I caught You Got The Silver and Can't Be Seen in Stockholm.

He did those two songs on ALL dates in Europe in 2014. He didn't have any other song "in rotation."

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: July 2, 2015 20:54

Take It So Hard
Could've Stood You Up
You Don't Move Me

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 2, 2015 21:11

BTTMR and Happy are two of the best songs ever written and I was delighted to hear them again live. I am very happy that both Keith and I and The Stones were all togther when they were played live again. It has been great. It could not have been any better.

Stones2015 who would have imagined that in 1781?

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 2, 2015 21:18

The Worst was lovely on the VL tour, just lovelysmoking smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 2, 2015 21:18

relms
BTTMR and Happy are two of the best songs ever written and I was delighted to hear them again live. I am very happy that both Keith and I and The Stones were all togther when they were played live again. It has been great. It could not have been any better.

Stones2015 who would have imagined that in 1781?

They are GREAT songs.

But I still dream of Happy becoming a regular warhorse with Mick singing it with him as a duet. Then Keith could play Little T&A !

And as far as 1781 goes, The Revolutionary War was still raging and the Brits probably thought they might actually win the rights to The Rolling Stones, thereby ensuring that Stones2015 would be on their home turf instead of places like Pittsburg, Detroit and Buffalo.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 2, 2015 21:32

Apparently there are four songs to choose from since anno dazumal: YGTS, CBS, H, BTMMR. Now we're down to two, BTMMR and H. Don't expect much more.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 2, 2015 21:38

Keef is doing BTMMR in tribute to the late great Bobby Keyes and his signature song Happy .

Date: July 2, 2015 21:40

HearMeKnockin
Take It So Hard
Could've Stood You Up
You Don't Move Me

i hear you brother.

keith should break out take it so hard

best stones song recorded since 1978 (or whenever they put the last overdubs on start me up.)

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 3, 2015 00:41

Turner68
HearMeKnockin
Take It So Hard
Could've Stood You Up
You Don't Move Me

i hear you brother.

best stones song recorded since 1978 (or whenever they put the last overdubs on start me up.)

I'm curious, which album by The Rolling Stones features Take It So Hard?

Olly.

Date: July 3, 2015 00:49

Olly
Turner68
HearMeKnockin
Take It So Hard
Could've Stood You Up
You Don't Move Me

i hear you brother.

Talk Is Cheap, although it appears that all of the Stones had to change their names and renamed the band to 'Keith Richards' for that and a few other albums...eye rolling smiley

Date: July 3, 2015 00:50

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Olly
Turner68
HearMeKnockin
Take It So Hard
Could've Stood You Up
You Don't Move Me

i hear you brother.

Talk Is Cheap, although it appears that all of the Stones had to change their names and renamed the band to 'Keith Richards' for that and a few other albums...eye rolling smiley

LMAO

by the way Olly what song do you feel was recorded in 1981 that beats take it so hard?

Date: July 3, 2015 00:51

Turner68
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Olly
Turner68
HearMeKnockin
Take It So Hard
Could've Stood You Up
You Don't Move Me

i hear you brother.

LMAO

by the way Olly what song do you feel was recorded in 1981 that beats take it so hard?

Errr I think he's saying that 1981 was SMU's last overdubs year... smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 3, 2015 00:54

Shock us all ... with the arse-shakin' Victor Hugo ....

ROCKMAN

Date: July 3, 2015 00:54

HearMeKnockin
Turner68
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Olly
Turner68
HearMeKnockin
Take It So Hard
Could've Stood You Up
You Don't Move Me

i hear you brother.

LMAO

Errr I think he's saying that 1981 was SMU's last overdubs year... smiling smiley

LOL. ok. fair enough. take it so hard is the best stones song whose basic track was recorded since 1978.

Date: July 3, 2015 00:55

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Olly
Turner68
HearMeKnockin
Take It So Hard
Could've Stood You Up
You Don't Move Me

i hear you brother.

I thought so... so why would it ever be played at a concert by The Rolling Stones. confused smiley

If you want solo numbers, would you be averse to a number or two from Southscape or New Ammo as well?

Olly.

Date: July 3, 2015 01:34

Olly
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Olly
Turner68
HearMeKnockin
Take It So Hard
Could've Stood You Up
You Don't Move Me

i hear you brother.

I thought so... so why would it ever be played at a concert by The Rolling Stones. confused smiley

If you want solo numbers, would you be averse to a number or two from Southscape or New Ammo as well?

Why not? It's a good song. I personally wouldn't be averse to hearing Just Another Night or Lucky In Love off She's the Boss. Ronnie's stuff might be good on stage...

However, I would be averse to Southscape, as hearing Chuck play on Stones songs is unbearable enough... moody smiley

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 01:40

I'd prefer Keith to keep the set the same. Much rather to have these two songs well-played ( like he is doing) instead of a NEW song or two that sound sloppy!

Date: July 3, 2015 01:42

HearMeKnockin
Olly

Why not? It's a good song. I personally wouldn't be averse to hearing Just Another Night or Lucky In Love off She's the Boss. Ronnie's stuff might be good on stage...

However, I would be averse to Southscape, as hearing Chuck play on Stones songs is unbearable enough... moody smiley

... Because it's not a Stones song.

Your suggestion of the band covering individual members' solo numbers sounds horrendous.

Do you want Wyman involved too, doing a couple of numbers from Monkey Grip?

Still, there's no accounting for taste.

#keepthesampledcongas

Olly.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:27

would love him to do sleep tonight and coming down again. don't believe he has ever sang them live. its not going to happen though.

he is singing his two best songs well enough though, but yeah its a bit disappointing he has not mixed it up a bit more.

ps the stones cant do solo material. its the stones remember !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-03 02:32 by keefriffhards.

Date: July 3, 2015 02:33

keefriffhards
would love him to do sleep tonight and coming down again. don't believe he has ever sang them live. its not going to happen though.

he is singing his two best songs well enough though, but yeah its a bit disappointing he has not mixed it up a bit more.

my friend, i am going to make your day.

here is keith doing sleep tonight live (sans stones)

poor guy's lead singer refused to tour, so he did his best on his own, going on the tv shows and doing his song.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-03 02:34 by Turner68.

Date: July 3, 2015 02:41

Turner68
keefriffhards

my friend, i am going to make your day.

here is keith doing sleep tonight live (sans stones)

poor guy's lead singer refused to tour, so he did his best on his own, going on the tv shows and doing his song.

nothing coming up just a blank screen.

Date: July 3, 2015 02:42

however there is this.. enjoy

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 3, 2015 03:05

TheGreek
Keef is doing BTMMR in tribute to the late great Bobby Keyes and his signature song Happy .

Good point that I had overlooked... BTMMR is a Bobby tribute and should be played for the duration.

Love Happy..
But, hearing Slipping Away in San Diego was great, and mixing it up a bit on the other song would be welcomed. Would love to hear him do Salt of the Earth on this tour, even first thought when I saw the cities/venues that should be the name of the tour...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-03 03:07 by MisterDDDD.

Date: July 3, 2015 03:19

I'd like to hear any (or all) of the 3 Richards' lead vocal songs from 'Bridges to Babylon' live.

There are good live versions out there of these. They seemed to work in concert.

One ballad or slower tempo song and one up-tempo song seems to be the best combination.

If they go back up to three instead of two,that would also make room for a cover song like "The Harder They Come" or "Learning the Game" .

Date: July 3, 2015 03:39

Winning Ugly VXII
I'd like to hear any (or all) of the 3 Richards' lead vocal songs from 'Bridges to Babylon' live.

There are good live versions out there of these. They seemed to work in concert.

One ballad or slower tempo song and one up-tempo song seems to be the best combination.

If they go back up to three instead of two,that would also make room for a cover song like "The Harder They Come" or "Learning the Game" .

winning ugly is a great track by the way winning ugly.
yeah learning the game was great in Texas
shame he never played it again.
i wanna hold you or all about you would also go down well too..

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1719
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home