Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sticky Fingers, 2lp spanish version
Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 20:04

Here pictures of my 2lp sticky fingers spanish version received today.
The folder is a single one and open at the top. I have hoped it should be a gatefold cover!
Except front cover there is only 3 pictures and one of them is twice printed, 1 color version and 1 b/w version.
They don't have big imagination but nice item then!

Re: Sticky Fingers, 2lp spanish version
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 18, 2015 20:06

Please don't post more pics like this, I might end up buying it. Just as I thought I was out... THEY PULL ME BACK IN

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 18, 2015 20:12

ouroux58
Here pictures of my 2lp sticky fingers spanish version received today.
The folder is a single one and open at the top. I have hoped it should be a gatefold cover!
Except front cover there is only 3 pictures and one of them is twice printed, 1 color version and 1 b/w version.
They don't have big imagination but nice item then!

Thank you very much for taking your time to share and post this

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 18, 2015 20:15

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. I think I will end up buying one, too. grinning smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 18, 2015 20:37

didn't the original spanish version have a different tracklisting? I thought that Let It Rock was included in place of Sister Morphine, or something like that.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 18, 2015 22:05

LeonidP
didn't the original spanish version have a different tracklisting? I thought that Let It Rock was included in place of Sister Morphine, or something like that.

you are correct sir. the Franco regime wouldn't allow the original sexualish cover so they went with a violent one, and didn't want the drug referenced Sister Morphine so they switched in Let It Rock.

Where can you even buy this...I've tried and found it was sold out.

I want me one two!

Date: June 18, 2015 22:13

treaclefingers
LeonidP

you are correct sir. the Franco regime wouldn't allow the original sexualish cover so they went with a violent one, and didn't want the drug referenced Sister Morphine so they switched in Let It Rock.

I want me one two!

I think you can buy your treacle here: [store.digitalstores.co.uk]. grinning smiley

Date: June 19, 2015 01:37

Cristiano Radtke
treaclefingers
LeonidP

I want me one two!

I think you can buy your treacle here: [store.digitalstores.co.uk]. grinning smiley

Damn!

Now I'm going to have to buy a couple of copies...thanks Cristiano!

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: June 19, 2015 02:17

treaclefingers
Cristiano Radtke
treaclefingers
LeonidP

I want me one two!

Damn!

Damn Cristiano, please dont post those links, im addicted. A collector who needs to go to collector rehab. But anyway, Thank you, just ordered a copysmiling smiley

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 19, 2015 03:35

Where the hell is Let It Rock?????

Date: June 19, 2015 04:45

DoctorFreddie
treaclefingers
Cristiano Radtke
treaclefingers
LeonidP

I want me one two!

Damn!

Damn Cristiano, please dont post those links, im addicted. A collector who needs to go to collector rehab. But anyway, Thank you, just ordered a copysmiling smiley

Don't feel guilty for buying it, it's a bargain! The regular edition is being sold at the same price of this "limited edition", and it's only one record instead of two. cool smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 19, 2015 05:27

treaclefingers
LeonidP

I want me one two!

Interesting then, that they didn't keep to the true tracklist for the spanish re-released version. That's disappointing. Nothing against Sister Morphine, I love that track of course, I just think they should leave things as they were.

Posted by: hypnohighball ()
Date: June 19, 2015 06:18

Well, I'm sure the Stones hated that Spain jettisoned one of their original songs for a live Chuck Berry cover and were all too happy to get it back on the album as intended. Plus they released the track on Rarities and the whole Leeds concert on the Super Deluxe SF now.
Actually I'm more surprised they are re-releasing this cover at all - they had nothing at all to do with it - has anyone ever heard what they thought of it at the time? I would have thought they hated it!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 19, 2015 11:15

The original spanish release from 1971 can be found on [www.discogs.com] as well as [www.discogs.com] .

What's the 0:30 mins B3-track in the 2nd link ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-19 11:55 by Irix.

Date: June 19, 2015 11:24

Thanks for the pics, ouroux58!

I'm impatiently waiting for my copy smileys with beer

Date: June 19, 2015 11:25

treaclefingers
Cristiano Radtke
treaclefingers
LeonidP

I want me one two!

Damn!

Didn't you do that already?

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: June 19, 2015 11:34

Irix
The original spanish release from 1971 can be found on [www.discogs.com] as well as [www.discogs.com] .

Is the 0:30 mins B3-track in the 2nd link a short instrumental version of 'Sister Morphine'?

That´s just 30 seconds of silence.

Date: June 19, 2015 11:38

donvis
Where the hell is Let It Rock?????

That one's from the Leeds-show. The live tracks here are from the Roundhouse.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 19, 2015 11:55

rootsman
Irix

What's the 0:30 mins B3-track in the 2nd link ?

thumbs upThanks for clarifying.

Date: June 19, 2015 15:24

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
Cristiano Radtke
treaclefingers
LeonidP

I want me one two!

Damn!

No, I'd intended to and the link I had said it was sold out. I've just received two copies of the deluxe vinyl, and one copy of the superdeluxe a couple of days ago. Haven't even opened anything yet!

Date: June 19, 2015 15:26

hypnohighball
Well, I'm sure the Stones hated that Spain jettisoned one of their original songs for a live Chuck Berry cover and were all too happy to get it back on the album as intended. Plus they released the track on Rarities and the whole Leeds concert on the Super Deluxe SF now.
Actually I'm more surprised they are re-releasing this cover at all - they had nothing at all to do with it - has anyone ever heard what they thought of it at the time? I would have thought they hated it!

Is it true they had nothing to do with it? I thought they authorized that revised cover, which is clearly brilliant.

Date: June 19, 2015 15:37

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
Cristiano Radtke
treaclefingers
LeonidP

I want me one two!

Damn!

No, I'd intended to and the link I had said it was sold out. I've just received two copies of the deluxe vinyl, and one copy of the superdeluxe a couple of days ago. Haven't even opened anything yet!

It's good that it is available, then! I thought it was sold out, too, and asked my buddy in the record business to help me. But there it was smiling smiley

Posted by: hypnohighball ()
Date: June 20, 2015 03:56

treaclefingers
hypnohighball

Is it true they had nothing to do with it? I thought they authorized that revised cover, which is clearly brilliant.

Since I made this post I read that they commissioned this cover by an artist they liked, so they must have approved it.

[www.rollingstones.com]

"The original Andy Warhol artwork for Sticky Fingers was banned in Spain under General Franco, so the band arranged for John Pasche (who designed the first tongue logo), and Phil Jude (who later photographed the goat’s head for the inner sleeve of Goats Head Soup) to create alternative cover artwork."

Date: June 20, 2015 05:47

hypnohighball
treaclefingers
hypnohighball

Since I made this post I read that they commissioned this cover by an artist they liked, so they must have approved it.

[www.rollingstones.com]

"The original Andy Warhol artwork for Sticky Fingers was banned in Spain under General Franco, so the band arranged for John Pasche (who designed the first tongue logo), and Phil Jude (who later photographed the goat’s head for the inner sleeve of Goats Head Soup) to create alternative cover artwork."

well, I approve of your post!

Date: June 21, 2015 06:12

I just received my copy yesterday. I already own the original Spanish SF and the export version of the Spanish SF. I was psyched that I would have a near mint play copy on 180 gram vinyl. And then to my surprise, it's not even the original SF album that was released in Spain. What a sham! Why would they do that? I can't complain too much because the second lp is awesome. I wouldn't be able to live without it.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 21, 2015 15:06

....and I bet your pissed that you were born after the 1792 shows ...

ROCKMAN

Date: June 21, 2015 16:40

Rockman
....and I bet your pissed that you were born after the 1792 shows ...

even worse that he's already died!

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 21, 2015 17:48

rootsman
Irix

Is the 0:30 mins B3-track in the 2nd link a short instrumental version of 'Sister Morphine'?

But why?

Date: June 21, 2015 22:46

I'll take the live "Let it Rock" over "Sister Morphine". Kind of weird they would release the exact same Sticky Fingers release but with a different cover. Where's Franco when you need him to set the matter straight? Spain used to be such a disciplined nation....Where have all the good times gone? Oh well, it's back to my eight-track stereo and headphones, babies.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 2, 2015 19:22

Got my copies today, both damaged in shipping, seem splits on all four LP-jackets. The packaging are so poor it´s no idea order them if you live outside of the UK because chances are small they will arrive in the same shape as they were sent out.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1539
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home