Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Pledge Music...Bernard Fowler
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 6, 2014 20:25

Did some fans here, like me, pay Pledge Music to support Bernard Fowler's new CD, and were promised some signed goods, but didn't get them yet?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-11 08:13 by Harm.

Re: Pledge Music...Bernard Folwer
Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: April 6, 2014 22:35

Yes,I also pledged money and got nothing! Not happy Bernard!!

Date: April 6, 2014 22:39

Actually, just let me clarify - I paid about 100 pounds for some signed CDs and a setlist and haven't heard a thing since!! I am really quite pissed off about it actually.

Date: April 6, 2014 22:42

Same thing here....what was it? More than half a year ago that we paid? At least tell us something....but I'm glad I'm not the only one...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-06 22:46 by Harm.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 6, 2014 23:05

Have you tried seeing what's up, on his Facebook page?

Date: April 6, 2014 23:06

Is the album finished?

Date: April 7, 2014 01:01

I don't know if the album is finished or not. But surely if I give the guy 100 quid over six months ago I am entitled to an update. And actually, if I recall correctly, the 100 quid was in return for some of his old CDs and a setlist...so no reason why he couldn't have sent those. I am worried that this is a scam.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 7, 2014 02:06

Come on, don't be silly. There have been several updates both on Facebook and Pledge Music that the album is delayed a bit and Bernard is very sorry about it. Do you really think someone like Bernard would just scam you publicly on the internet?

Date: April 7, 2014 11:43

Lorenz
Come on, don't be silly. There have been several updates both on Facebook and Pledge Music that the album is delayed a bit and Bernard is very sorry about it. Do you really think someone like Bernard would just scam you publicly on the internet?

Agree...

Date: April 7, 2014 12:36

Yes, you are right,I know it's not a scam....it's just a bit irritating to have paid the money and not heard anything since. I will try following up via his Facebook page.

Date: April 7, 2014 13:03

john lomax
Yes, you are right,I know it's not a scam....it's just a bit irritating to have paid the money and not heard anything since. I will try following up via his Facebook page.

Did he promise to do individual updates, or did he ask you to check the progress on his website/Facebook page? I can't remember myself.

Date: April 7, 2014 14:53

I can't remember either....

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 7, 2014 15:38

Who the @#$%& is Bernard Folwer?
winking smiley

Hey Bernard Fowler!
I think its time for an update on Pledge, huh?

Date: April 7, 2014 15:54

He posted a microphone pic on Facebook yesterday, so I guess he's working on it smiling smiley

Rehearsals underway ?
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: April 9, 2014 16:30

Bernard just posted a pic on his FB with the caption 'walking into the studio'

Rehearsal time ?

Re: Rehearsals underway ?
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 9, 2014 16:38

Solo album.

Re: Rehearsals underway ?
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: April 9, 2014 16:41

cheers!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 9, 2014 16:52

I got the same surname ,and I'm sure its spelt Fowler. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 11, 2014 01:00

Just got an email with an update thumbs up

Re: Pledge Music...Bernard FOWLER
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 11, 2014 01:25

Harm

OK, then now you can spell his name correctly smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 11, 2014 02:21

Some people are leaders, others are folwers . . .

Date: April 11, 2014 08:14

Rolling Hansie
Harm

OK, then now you can spell his name correctly smiling smiley
:-)

Re: Pledge Music...Bernard Fowler
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 11, 2014 14:53

Not sure how this pledge music thing works, but if I'm not mistaken, doesn't 100% of the "goal" have to be reached before any goodies are sent to the pledgers? If that's the case, there can be only one solution. Send more money.

Date: April 11, 2014 15:04

tatters
Not sure how this pledge music thing works, but if I'm not mistaken, doesn't 100% of the "goal" have to be reached before any goodies are sent to the pledgers? If that's the case, there can be only one solution. Send more money.

178% have been reached and Bernard just announced the pledges will be sent out.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 11, 2014 15:15

His latest update:

"Hello everyone,

Sorry it’s taken so long to send some words to you all.

First off – profound apologies this is taking so long. There is no one that wants this album done more than I do,
but due to the Rolling Stones tour and scheduling of special guests on the album there have been many unintended delays.
The planned release for the album is now on the next tour break between July 4 and the early fall.
The good news is that we’re going to ship out all the items from the Pledge except the album.
So if you’ve got a tambourine or a set list or other item other than the new album coming your way, it will be sent now.

I realize that this has been a much longer process than anyone anticipated.
There aren’t words that can accurately express my deep gratitude for your support and continued patience.

I love you all.

Bernard"

And a preview of the new album cover:

Date: April 29, 2014 20:03

I got my setlist BTW thumbs up

Bernard Fowler "The Bura" (new cd)
Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: June 22, 2014 14:49

I think we can talk more about music then about pledges, now!

I met Bernard by the hotel in Duesseldorf and he was as friendly and fun to talk to as some time ago at a club concert in Kassel/D. Of course, we couldn't go into all details as there were lots of requests for autographs and taking pictures.

The new record "The Bura" is likely to be out in September. The title is the name of the wind he once experienced ( "Man, that's a rough one!" ) in Croatia. The same wind is called Bora in Italy.
The cast of musicians is different to "Friends with Privilages" (mind the misspelling of the title!). Btw, buying that cd then was a funny story he remembered from talking to him in Kassel: I found it not under F like Fowler, but by coincidence under ... B!
And: It had a sticker on it saying 'file under Stones'.

The record will consist of originals by Bernard and some cover versions.

As with "Wild Horses" on 'Friends' one cover will be a Stones song: It is "Can't You Hear Me Knocking"!
It will be "totally different" to the original, Bernard said. 'More rhythm' plus a rap by Chuck D of Public Enemy!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-22 21:21 by JJHMick.

Slightly OT: Bernard Fowler's new album - delays
Date: December 14, 2014 18:56

A couple of us have supported Bernard's new album on PledgeMusic (a platform to crowd fund music), a project which was supposed to be released November 2013. I fully understand that things cannot always easily be planned (especially if you play with the Stones), but the way this project is being managed is getting on my nerves a bit. Bernard is probably not involved very much personally with the handling, but whoever is supposed to manage it, he or she is failing... There are hardly any updates and it's just very unprofessional to handle a project that way - especially if you do it on a crowdfunding place where fans pre-finance your work and the project is delayed by more than year.

Maybe someone here wants to get in touch with Bernard's management to see if we can get some info? I don't have the contact info, but I know some people here do and/or know him personally.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-14 18:56 by Lorenz.

Date: December 15, 2014 09:51

Thanks to bv for merging this into an existing thread (post above was written for a new thread, just in case you were wondering why it is a bit out of place in the thread)

Date: December 19, 2014 19:32

bump.

No one interested? I wrote PledgeMusic, they have tried to reach "Team BF" to no avail as well the last few days...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home