Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

de Montfort Hall, Leicester - Bill Wyman
Posted by: herecomesrichard ()
Date: June 29, 2015 14:00

A mate is doing some research into the de Montfort Hall, Leicester. Bill Wyman has reportedly said it's got some of the best acoustics in Britain. I'm trying to verify if and when Bill might have said this. Can anyone help?

Re: de Montfort Hall, Leicester - Bill Wyman
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 29, 2015 14:34

I wouldn't the battered hearing of a man who spent several decades in front of... Keith Richards' live amps! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 30, 2015 01:03

He does seem to have played there a fair amount. You probably have found this comment associated with an article about the Hall's 100th anniversary: "Regarding the acoustics at the hall Bill Wyman of the Rolling Stones reckons it's probably the best in the country. Apparently it's all due to the barrel ceiling." (source a poster with the monicker "Stoned" - name: John Wood; perhaps he can be followed up with)

- swiss

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 30, 2015 02:46

herecomesrichard
A mate is doing some research into the de Montfort Hall, Leicester. Bill Wyman has reportedly said it's got some of the best acoustics in Britain. I'm trying to verify if and when Bill might have said this. Can anyone help?

I reckon that if your mate goes to billwyman.com and uses the email address there, then he stands a good chance of getting a response from the man himself. Eventually.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1805
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home