Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Just back from the Who
Date: May 18, 2015 07:53

OT: Just back from the Who. They were pretty good. Occassionally Roger wore a little but he is fantastic and I doubt any other 71 year old could do what he does. Pete is a genious and the group as a whole is wonderful.

Disclaimer: I don't love them as much as the Stones, but it is easier for me seeing them 3 times this year than seeing the stones once.

It was a great show but nothing like seeing the Stones. However, seeing them again on Friday.

Sorry as now I rememebr there might be a seperate who threard

Re: OT: Just back from the Who
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 18, 2015 08:11

Saw them twice in Chicago - well worth the price...

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 18, 2015 12:53

interesting. I saw them in London a few weeks ago . I thought Daltrey ran out of steam (and almost voice) once or twice. But Townsend was immense - held the whole gig together.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: May 18, 2015 14:00

Was it LOUD? Pete has some hearing issues...

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 18, 2015 15:27

I saw them on Quadrophenia a year or two ago. They played well but the audience was completely lost. 25% were into the material. However, the entire joint exploded when they did the echoes of more familiar material. I likened it to the Stones doing Between The Buttons. Fun album for us fans, the casual folks would likely be less than impressed. (All Sold Out would be brutal though!)

Date: May 24, 2015 02:12

I went to the show in Atlantic City as well. I felt as though judging from the crowd on the boardwalk/arena/city during the day that this was a well traveled show and many people I spoke to had seen another show during the week as well.

They added Slip Kid as well. In general, it seemed to be less casual fans than Philadelphia, but then again it was a Friday vs Sunday as well. I am looking forward to seeing them in Newark on my birthday in the fall.

I would have liked Another Tricky Day and The Real Me and perhaps Subsitute #2 after Can't Explain but thought it was a great show and Joan Jett was a solid opener and not filler.

Also, stayed at Bally's which was a few minutes walk from the arena which made for it to be relaxing, less travel etc..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1885
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home