Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Marianne Faithfull: Commander of the Arts and Letters
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 23, 2011 16:30

Marianne Faithfull receives French honour

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Singer Marianne Faithfull has been awarded one of France's highest cultural honours at a Paris ceremony.

The 64-year-old was made Commander of the Arts and Letters by Frederic Mitterrand, the French Minister of Culture and Communication.

The British performer, who now lives in Paris and Ireland, said she was "very, very grateful to be so honoured".

The award recognises figures who have contributed to the "enrichment of the French cultural inheritance".

"Since I started coming to Paris in 1964, the French have welcomed me and been very loving," Faithfull said.

The singer, who had her first hit the same year, recently released her 23rd album Horses & High Heels.

She is currently in the middle of a European tour and will perform three dates in the UK in May.

Re: Marianne Faithfull: Commander of the Arts and Letters
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 30, 2016 01:52

Happens in everyone's home:

GAIL ZAPPA: "What I recall is that [Jagger] came over with Marianne Faithful, and she spent a few minutes demonstrating her ability on the tambourine and then pulled her clothing apart to reveal the bruises it caused on her ass and on her hip. That was very exciting." From LAUREL CANYON by Michael Walker

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 30, 2016 02:59

So both Marianne and Sir Michael are commanders then. The only thing missing now is a war for them to lead their forces in. Of course, Sir Michael keeps his warhorses busy which is good for the armory.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 30, 2016 11:51

The 64-year-old ? I thought she is 69......

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 30, 2016 12:13

Yeah I thought there was about 4 years difference between her and Mick. I Love the way these celebrities rejuvenate themselves, I am now a girl of 38 againcool smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 30, 2016 12:45

NICOS

Look at the first post: this little news item sank without trace when I posted it four years ago. Nice to see somebody has raised the Titanic.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 30, 2016 14:40

Green Lady
NICOS

Look at the first post: this little news item sank without trace when I posted it four years ago. Nice to see somebody has raised the Titanic.

Then we make it a 5 year celebration thumbs up

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 30, 2016 14:46

NICOS
Green Lady
NICOS

Then we make it a 5 year celebration thumbs up

You beat me too it, NICOS! smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1724
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home