Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

We Had It All
Date: November 1, 2013 22:12

I just did a search but could not find a thread on this. I've been listening to Some Girls Deluxe and I am really moved by this song. The same way that Let It Loose or Waiting On A Friend move me. I know it is a remake, but I think it is a true Rolling Stones classic. I'd also say it's right up there with Coming Down Again as Keith's best vocal.

Anyone else think this is the bees knees?

Re: We Had It All
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: November 1, 2013 22:23

I adore this song. One of my favourite Keith songs.s The bootleg version is a better option than the Some Girls version in my opinion, it just has a little something they lost in the official mix.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 1, 2013 22:23

I don't know about the knees of bees, but I do know that Keith's version of We Had it All brings me to my knees. Absolutely stunning and straight from the heart.

Date: November 1, 2013 22:30

Great performance, great number - perfect choice for a cover. Waylon's version is also fantastic, but (& I can't even believe I'm typing this) Keith may actually have the more moving vocal.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 1, 2013 22:37

ROCKMAN

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: November 1, 2013 22:50

love this song!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 1, 2013 23:44

Fantastic, fantastic rendition by Richards. But strangely, the officialy released version just doesn't cut it for me, it just doesn't have the same quality as the various bootleg versions.

Mathijs

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: November 2, 2013 00:03

I agree with you Mathijs. Still a great version though, it's just as you say, the bootleg versions are better.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 2, 2013 00:16

I agree with everyone who loves Keith's version. It's so good that the first time I heard it, I forgot that I already knew the song because he so powerfully made it his own.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 2, 2013 00:21

This part in particular is just freakin beautiful...

"oh it was so good. Yes it was so goooood.
oh it was so good...when I was your man."

might be my all time favorite Keith vocal.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 2, 2013 00:51

this one 'cuts it' for me.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 2, 2013 01:17

I'd love to hear a Stones country album. Would undoubtedly be more country than what Nashville puts out today.

Posted by: Pete66 ()
Date: November 2, 2013 01:38

Yes, great song but somehow the bootleg version is better. They should have released this back-to-back with Let's Go Steady, another fine Keith outtake from 1978/79.

Pete.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 2, 2013 02:23

I was at that Willie Nelson concert sitting right up front, it was so amazing! Keith of course was one the last guest artist to come on stage and I waited very patiently but once he was announced the crowd went nuts. That night was the only time I can say for certain that I had eye contact with the man, I was the only one standing and blowing him kisses which he acknowledged. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

There was an after party for all the participants and some invited guests at a restaurant nearby, I was so hoping that Keith would show up but alas, he did not. Neither did Willie btw, they probably had their own party in Willie's trailer. grinning smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: November 2, 2013 20:57

I was just thinking what a Stones country album would be like, but Mick does treat it as a pastiche though.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 2, 2013 23:32

It would have been spectacular on EMOTIONAL RESCUE. How it got included for the SOME GIRLS reissue is beyond me.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: November 2, 2013 23:32

Waylon Jennings version on the Honky Tonk Heroes lp can't be topped

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 3, 2013 01:35

Love it.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 3, 2013 01:37

Great song

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 3, 2013 03:41

Keith at his best

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: November 3, 2013 14:49

I also liked Keith's "Let's Go Steady" I think that was the same bootleg back in the day - I was hoping they would put that on SG deluxe too, but I guess it was recorded a little later and will have to be on the "Tattoo You" Deluxe!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: November 3, 2013 14:57

Lynd8
I also liked Keith's "Let's Go Steady" I think that was the same bootleg back in the day - I was hoping they would put that on SG deluxe too, but I guess it was recorded a little later and will have to be on the "Tattoo You" Deluxe!

Another great Keith version of a classic country song! Couldn't agree with you more, I have that boot and it gets a regular spin, he sings with such feeling.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 3, 2013 19:22

Well, "Let's Go Steady" isn't really a country song but it's still great...sounds like Keith patterned his version on this on instead of Sam Cooke's version tho..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-03 19:22 by scottkeef.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 3, 2013 20:56

KR version is killer... he's lived it...that performance comes from somewhere deep within him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home