Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

August 1971 issue of Rolling Stone featuring Robert Greenfield’s big Keith Richards interview
Posted by: KeithsTeeth ()
Date: April 26, 2012 08:19

Does anyone have access to the August 1971 issue of Rolling Stone featuring Robert Greenfield’s big Keith Richards interview?

I’m sure that I read in a reprint of this article (I've never seen the original) that Andrew Oldham told Keith to change his name to sound like Cliff Richard. However, it's not in either of the two items I have that reprint the interview (the book “The Rolling Stone Interviews 1967-1980”, where it is abridged, and this RS Rolling Stones special magazine compilation released in 1975
[www.amazon.com] where it is (I think) unabridged.

Re: August 1971 issue of Rolling Stone featuring Robert Greenfield’s big Keith Richards interview
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 26, 2012 09:40

KeithsTeeth
Does anyone have access to the August 1971 issue of Rolling Stone featuring Robert Greenfield’s big Keith Richards interview?

You could get a near mint copy on the bay for less more than the one on your link and it worth every page and $$$ winking smiley

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-26 09:41 by Honestman.

Re: August 1971 issue of Rolling Stone featuring Robert Greenfield’s big Keith Richards interview
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 27, 2012 04:50

KeithsTeeth good question! I hope someone uploads it here -- I've been looking for it online too, and found only the sources you mention above. I don't necessarily wanna buy the hard copy; just wanna read it!

-swiss

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1251
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home